Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Skeptic

Posted On:
    3/09/2004 12:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Victory Martial Arts Academy & Dion Riccardo

I was looking into schools that teach JKD and grappling and found this one. This is a list of what they teach:

Jeet Kune Do Concepts

Jun Fan Kick Boxing, & Gung Fu

Filipino Martial Arts (Kali, Eskrima, Arnis)

Ground Grappling (Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Sambo)

Weapons

I am planning on visiting and was wondering if anyone can give me a heads-up about Victory MA Academy or Dion Riccardo.

Victory MA Academy

Posted On:
    3/09/2004 2:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ask about what belts/certifications they have and from who. The BJJ background on the website seems a little vague...

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/09/2004 2:22pm

supporting member
     Style: 7 Star

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well here is his personal philosophy: Personal Philosophy on life and/or Martial Arts: Awareness leads to vision, vision leads to focus, focus leads to discipline, discipline leads to integrity, integrity leads to wisdom, wisdom leads to balance, balance leads to awareness.

WOW!

Posted On:
    10/13/2007 10:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know Mr. Riccardo personally (he's very good friends with my instructor) and he's legit. His JKD and Kali training is primarily from Mr. Ron Balicki, one of the top students/instructors under Guru Dan Inosanto. I don't know how long anyone has checked Mr. Riccardo's website, but he has some background information on his training on there now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 2:53am

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy necropostia

Posted On:
    11/26/2007 2:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, i know this is a crazy old thread. but for those looking for info on victory, i thought i might make a post here with my experiences.

victory is an okay school. the people there are freindly. but dont count on seeing dion himself there much if at all. he use to be around alot. but now he wants to just hang out at his home while his teachers make him money. which is fine i guess, if thats what you like.

dont count on getting instruction from dion though. and you will rarely get instruction from his "protege" anthony either. you will mostly get it from whoever they can find to teach.

Dion's credentials are good though. trained under dan inosanto, ron ballicki, paul vunak, fred degerberg. but now none of those teachers talk to him and they all know of him as a "jesus freak" and dont really want much to do with him.

if you want to train at victory expect to pay alot of money for classes as well. last i checked, $220 a month for 2 classes a week was the norm.

Posted On:
    11/26/2007 2:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There you go Slim Jim, I hope that was worth waiting 3 1/2 years.

Posted On:
    11/26/2007 2:31pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol, yeah really....

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 4:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JKD,Kali,JiuJutsu,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Y'all!

In response to Freepunch's post. Victory Martial Arts is an outstanding school. In terms of not being trained by Dion Riccardo--He has seminars that he teaches such as the JKD Bootcamp and other seminars that he host's during the year. So Dion still teaches. If you go to any school, most classes are taught by Instructors. The owner is suppose to train his students to come up and teach. that is how you build a legacy. If you want the martial arts to continue, you must leave your talent and gifts with your students.

Also, for the Victory's two classes per week of $220- NOT TRUE! There was not even a high rate like that at any time. An average cost now is $99-$159 depending on what program you sign up for.

And last point, Freepunch stated that Dion stays at home while his teachers make money for him. Dion teaches 4 times a week @ the Victory School in Orland park. And when he is not teaching he is working on developing better Staff, Instructors and overall he works on how to make the academy better.

So I do not know where freepunch was going with what he was saying. The statements he made where very inaccurate.

But in conclusion, check out Victory for yourself. I been to other schools but the Instructor's at Victory have HEART, DEDICATION and LOYALTY.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 8:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKDer turned Judo/BJJer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TOP! I have trained, albeit minimally, @ VMA. Great bunch of people, great instruction, and no ego on the mats. Great place overall, and if anyone goes there tell Mike P. that 4Mello says hi. Thanks in advance.
Page 1 of 15 1 234511 ... LastLast