Titan

Posted On:
    7/02/2004 7:57am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They also happen to be correct.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2004 9:05am

Style: BJJ, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you know its possible that william cheung is better at wing chun than boztepe.

I actually didn't see any wing chun techniques used at all in that fight just a scrappy take down and some ground pounding. The video had nothing to do with what I know of wing chun at all - it was just two guys brawling.

Maybe they were both too worried about accidentally killing each other with their deadly wing chun techniques.

Titan

Posted On:
    7/02/2004 9:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For sure.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2004 9:43am

Style: BJJ, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It does make you wonder why - when 2 of the supposed top wing chun practitioners in the world go at it - they chose to forsake all their training and just brawl instead. I have a few theories as to why this is:

1) As in my previous post - they were too worried that they might accidentally kill each other with their dim mak techniques.

2) They both coincidentally had simultaneous epileptic fits that made them appear to be skilless brawlers.

3) wing chun doesn't actually work in a practical fight situation.

I'll throw this one to an open vote.

Happy birthday to me.

Posted On:
    7/02/2004 9:46am

supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by xodus2

I actually didn't see any wing chun techniques used at all in that fight just a scrappy take down and some ground pounding. The video had nothing to do with what I know of wing chun at all - it was just two guys brawling.

Maybe they were both too worried about accidentally killing each other with their deadly wing chun techniques.
    Who do I have to call to have my sarcasm detector repaired? At first I actually took this seriously.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    7/02/2004 12:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    as for the chinese slippers... have any of you guys actually worn them? they suck... i can understand how you cud slip and slide wearing those things... anything made in taiwan, hong kong, or china in general is bound to fall apart - may look nice at first but then u realize its a piece of **** (ie yaoming).

Still - this doesnt excuse cheungs poor performance. a pair of bad shoes shudn't affect 30 yr experience wing chun too much. he was just making excuses for himself. if he had just fessed up and apologized for being so arrogant, he prob wouldnt have so much hate comin from all the other lineages.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2004 10:13am

Style: Wing Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by SLJ
    They also happen to be correct.
    What happens to be correct? That you don't have any arguments? :o

Originally posted by xodus2

It's also possible that Boztepe is better at WingTsun than Cheung is, what's your point?

Wing Chun is mainly a system of concepts, different linages have different ways of achieving theese concepts. In a real fight you will probably not see any clean techniques.

Many, if not all, Martial Arts/Sports have techniques that could have techniques that could be deadly. As I wrote Boztepe wanted to take Cheung down so that he could control Cheung easier while minimizing the chance of injuring Cheung seriously so that legal actions wouln't be easier to win for Cheung. As always there are not only one point of view.

Posted On:
    7/04/2004 11:32am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "That you don't have any arguments?"
    Don't be so facitious. There really have been numerous debates on this site alone about the (im)famous WT ground fighting. I think that this is what he was aluding to. Get some search action------at you local brothel
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Posted On:
    7/04/2004 2:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    xodus2

Did you consider

4) The whole thing was a load of shite, i don't know why they found it so hard to actually try using any wing chun (of any kind) considering as how someone like myself who has nowhere near as much training as them has managed to use it in sparring and fighting. And to be honest, i don't really care. My **** works. I don't give a **** about some morons who got involved in pointless bullshit.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast