Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2004 12:20pm

Style: Uechi-Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gary-
    From the view of a graphics professional and (award-winning!) web designer, the graphics and overall design on your site are well done, albiet a little "over the top" on the Asian symbology for my personal taste. Honestly the site is much cleaner than many other dojo site's I've seen.

My $.02

-Walkman

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2004 1:02pm

Style: Suave

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gary,
    OK, but don't expect me to put out on the first date....JK. Welcome to bullshido. I'm a newbie here too so I'll get just as much of it as you. I'm in sacto, cali.

Kismasher,
    congratulations, you are the one thousandth person to make that joke. Your prize? A big steaming pile of nothing!

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    3/10/2004 1:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GajusCaesar is correct. And I would like to point out that Mr. Gary has shown quite some courage by coming here and defending his work, congratulations.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2005 6:14pm

Style: Wing Chun,Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that Mr. Gary has shown quite some courage by coming here and defending his work, congratulations.

I have to agree with wing chun lawyer.It took a lot of guts cause there are certainly some people on this site only looking for a fight.
    My opinion on the demo,its well done just cut the special effects and music and maybe if you showed a few longer fight demos instead of flashes of smaller shorter clips,so you can actually properly see the style in motion.
    Otherwise i was interested in asking,I did some Aikikai Akido for a while and Yang style Tai Chi as well and so doesnt it take really long to become good enough in your fluid dynamic movement type of combat untill you can use it on the street?Because from personal experience I know that fluid dynamic movement can be devastatingly effective but it also takes a long time too learn.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    4/12/2005 7:51pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why the hell do n00bs keep ressurecting these dead topics?

Next thing you know, they'll go around cheering that the Berlin Wall was torn down.

PL

Government overthrows you!

Posted On:
    4/12/2005 7:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They did what to the berlin wall?

I still think there should be an auto-flame button for necroposters. Maybe the n00bs with the pictures could have the dates displayed to them in 72pt font or something.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    4/12/2005 8:00pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a very good idea. I wonder if something like that could actually be implemented.

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2005 10:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by charmin
    They did what to the berlin wall?

I still think there should be an auto-flame button for necroposters. Maybe the n00bs with the pictures could have the dates displayed to them in 72pt font or something.

Hehehe... "necroposters". I'm going to have to add that to my vocabulary. :)

Seriously, though, I liked some of what I saw in the video. I liked the leg attacks - trips, sweeps, etc. I think this is an underutilized skill. Messing with someone's legs can really mess up his game.

So, please critique the quality of the techniques, not the quality of the demo. Are you guys saying that there is nothing we can learn from this style?

Overall, I think you guys were too hard on Gary.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2005 11:37pm

Style: brazilian jazz dance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Akurra
    Saw a bit of Aikido in there, what a disgrace.
    You do realize that CMA's all have joint locks. . .right?

Sadly enough, those videos look better than a lot of the CMA videos I've seen. WHY!? : (

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    4/13/2005 7:54am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashomon
    Hehehe... "necroposters". I'm going to have to add that to my vocabulary. :)

Seriously, though, I liked some of what I saw in the video. I liked the leg attacks - trips, sweeps, etc. I think this is an underutilized skill. Messing with someone's legs can really mess up his game.

So, please critique the quality of the techniques, not the quality of the demo. Are you guys saying that there is nothing we can learn from this style?

Overall, I think you guys were too hard on Gary.
    The fundemental problem I had with his stuff is the wrong person was wearing the helmet.
    Most of the principles behind what he was doing were fine~ coming inside, slipping punches and countering great. Moving outside and then coming back in at a bad angle of the other guy, again go for it.

But the details didn't look like they'd let it work. I don't see how you can slip a flurry of punches with your hands that far away from you. All his movements looked too artificial and stylised to work, and I dont see how thats going to go away unless the attacker comes in and realy tries to nail him(at least once in a while).

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast