Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2004 4:44pm

Style: Suave

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF was that? I couldn't tell if it was a fighting demo or an episode of pokemon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2004 11:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the very constructive critisism regarding my new site and demo.....(insert sarcasm here)

Ok, so I deserve it for the cheezy lighting, and of course the audio overdubbing was cheese mixed with hype, but im reworking it....

I am also working on a clip that is more in context with reality. I did some basic apps. in a slow, and non violent manner. But it should be known that the first app I have used in a real altercation, and the rest in hard contact sparring.

In classes, (which I teach on the military installation to all adults) we do sparring drills, reaction drills, mostly application work, with a mix of push=hands and other Neijia drills.

It should also be noted that non-cooperative training is included, I do have one student who can bench press 450 pounds and is very fast for his size. He didnt think I looked like much until I opened his gaurd and slammed him to the ground in a blink. No, i dont use any Aikido, it is a blend of Tai chi, xingyi, and Bagua, with some pressure point striking IF the student is skilled enough to get lucky with the points later on in training.

If anyone is in my area (Oklahoma city), I would be happy to give you a friendly demo or class n person. Skeptics welcome, but any non-friendly people will not be tolerated. Im not interested in mouth boxing over the internet, especially if the responses are as childish and inept as the ones above,but legitimate questions and constructive critisism will be addressed, just send me an email at gary@flowingcombat.com.

Ive used my stuff to save my own ass in real life, and I think its good legitimate training that I am offereing. I have taken precautions against being a McDojo.... here is the short list

1. No contracts

2. No unifomrs

3. Sparring, and fast hard contact drills

4 I take my students to other teachers seminars, in the past we have taken silat, kali, and BJJ from other instructors to round off skills

5. I dont teach kids

6. I tell the students to check out every other school before joining mine, and support them taking two classes at once.

7. Ive taught guys with between 2-25 years in the following arts and they were amazed at my skill and happy to learn what I had to offer them -Krav maga, Muay thai, Kenpo, Aikido, wing chun, bagua, tai chi, xingyi, Liu he ba fa, boxing, wrestling, shorin ryu, TKD, and American Kickboxing, and shootfighting/jj off the top of my head.

8. I freely admit I lack the skill to teach ALL ranges of fighting, particulary groundfighting, I have some basic skills I have learned to save my own butt, however I suggest students seek qualified instruction elsewhere in that area.

regards,

Gary
    Last edited by Gary; 3/09/2004 11:11pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2004 11:31pm

Style: Internal/extern

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The deadly secret of Taijiquan aka " the dim mak" must never fall into the hands of children. It is too deadly of a tool.

BreakDance Fighter

Posted On:
    3/10/2004 4:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    quote from site:"Are you ready to learn one of the most fluid, dynamic and powerful self-defense systems in existence? For the last few centuries these methods have all been hidden in forms, cryptic Chinese terms and only understood by a handful of people throughout the world.
    These arts have been streamlined to offer a more focused combative based curriculum oriented to the needs of 21st century street realties. Flowing Combat is taught in a way that is conducive to western understanding using the latest advances in training methodologies."

My response: Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

pwning ninjas since 2004

Posted On:
    3/10/2004 5:20am

supporting member
     Style: Street Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, Gary, it really sounds like your heart is in the right place, so I'll give you some suggestions.

You might have already heard of some of these, but here goes:

If you don't want to run a mcdojo and aren't in it just for the money, please, consider the following.

Never utter or print the words dim mok again. Anyone who speaks of this not in complete jest loses all martial art credibility instantly. Unless they are speaking to a 6-year-old.

Never make outrageous over-the-top claims. Only fools and the extremely naieve believe them. If you don't want a dojo full of morons, don't advertise to morons. You can easily distinguish yourself from the pack by being cool, calm, and factual in your advertising. People will respect you for it.

Please don't talk about ninjas, ever.

If you don't train it full contact on resisting opponents, you will be very unlikely to be able to use it in a real fight.

When I see a promotional video clip for a martial art or dojo, all respect for it leaves immediately when I see ANY special effect. Almost any music you use will be cheesy. Simple demonstrations of techniques on resisting opponents is enough to convince me you are probably legit. Show some heavy bag work, or students doing pushups so people know you actually get in shape. That is important to people.

If you admit you lack groundfighting, find someone who knows groundfighting and get them to teach at your dojo/school as an assistant instructor. Then you can claim that you teach a comprehensive striking/groundwork curriculum.

If you truly desire to run a non-Mcdojo, I would love to see another try at a promotional clip. Hopefully I won't have to replace my monitor after the next one.
    Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/10/2004 9:36am

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Gary,

I appreciate you candor. I also agree with much Gajus's post. Remember there can be a thin line between teaching what you believe and marketing bullshit to unsuspecting people.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2004 9:43am

Style: bjj and hitting stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by kismasher
    Hi Gary,

I appreciate you candor. I also agree with much Gajus's post. Remember there can be a thin line between teaching what you believe and marketing bullshit to unsuspecting people.
    Agreed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2004 11:32am

Style: Suave

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gary,
    I jumped on the bandwagon because I can see you are the new "Shou Shu" equivilent to the guys on this thread. Although I do not know if your style is as effective as our ultimate supreme battling super style (don't worry guys, I got my asbestos suit on, flame away). But seriously, where is your HQ at and where do you give demos?
    I wouldn't mind seeing what "flowing combat" is all about. And you brought it all on yourself. Sorry to say it but you really did. Childish posts? Well what didyou expect? You might as well have said you could shoot lazers from your eyes and fart mustard gas.
    Sincerely,
    Guerilla Fists

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/10/2004 11:43am

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey GF, if you read his post you would see that he is in Oklahoma City.

ps. shou shou is what i do to annoying flies

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2004 11:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

thanks!

GajusCaesar: Excellent suggestions, in fact Im going to take you up on them all, of course I already dont speak of ninjas and I already train it full contact on resisting opponents (perhaps we should put that on a demo?)

Ill be re working the demo in the next week or two, im going to try and cut the cheezy effects and audio off the original in the meantime. I let my marketing person re-word the site for a bit too much hype, im trying to bring it back down to earth, and will also try to make more realistic demos. I cant please everyone, some people want clean clinical demos in slower motion like the one shown so they can see whats going on, and for some people, the more blood and sweat the better! I believe there is a thread already on video evidence, ill follow that for suggestions in filming my next ones.

Guerilla Fists: fair enough. I am located in Oklahoma city, I teach at Tinker Air Force Base. I do travel, but only on Gov. Bus. You are more than welcome to come and hang out here in OKC, I may even have a place for you to crash. Or drop me your location and ill let you know if I ever get out that way, we can have a beer, and/or do some training.

regards,

Gary R.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast