Style
    BJJ, Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

OPening and closing of schools as a living

I know I am new here but I want to make a statement. My son lives in the south. He took my 2 grandsons to MMA at a new school for almost a year. It was a family run business. I went there to watch a couple times myself. The instructors took good to my 4 and 8 year old grandson's. The 8 year old would soon be entered into a NAGA event and the instructor never showed.......I knew then something was up. BTW, my 8 year old grandson finished 4th out of 60 kids his age, weight class, first event ever.

Long story short, my son took the boys to class one night, doors locked.......find out they had closed the business and my son was told they had a better offer at a civilian job back in Georgia.......they ran. We were pissed. The school operated under the name of
    "Praxis" in Florida claiming schools in the Southeast. His name is Mitch Gunnels, her name is Sarah Gunnels. I tell you this because I found out that they had opened and closed schools and ran 6 other times throughout the south.............6..........my boys really liked them and they never even said goodbye to them, just left like thieves in the night........as well as taking peoples money because they made you sign a contract where the money came straight from your account into theirs. My son is 24 y/o. he said it really hurt the boys, thought this school was the real deal.......I am just information sharing with everyone. remember, Shot out, Roger, 2 Tangos down..........
    Last edited by USMC Sgt Major; 5/01/2011 12:10pm at .

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC Sgt Major View Post
    I know I am new here but I want to make a statement. My son lives in the south. he took my 2 grandsons to MMA at a new school for almost a year. It was a family run business. I went there to watch a couple times myself. The instructors took good to my 4 and 8 year old grandson's. The 8 year old would soon be entered into a NAGA even and the instructor never showed.......I knew then something was up. BTW, my boy finished 4th out of 60 kids his age, weight class.

Long story short, my son took the boys to class one night, doors locked.......find out they had closed the business and my son was told he had a better offer at a civilian job back in Georgia.......they ran. We were pissed. The school operated under the name of
    "Praxis" in Florida claiming schools in the Southeast. His name is Mitch Gunnels, her name is Sarah Gunnels. I tell you this because I found out that they had opened and closed and ran 6 other times throughout the south.............6..........my boys really liked them and they never even said goodbye to them, just left like thieves in the night........as well as taking peoples miney because they made yuo sign a contract where the money came straight from your account into theirs. My son is 24 y/o. he said it really hurt the boys, thought this school was the real deal.......I am just information sharing with everyone. remember, Shot out, Roger, 2 Tangos down..........
    This forum, MABS when abbreviated, is for serious investigations only. While it sounds like you are wanting to put the word out on these people, there is not enough information in your post to start an investigation.

Also, you are new to this site, so in the interest of killing two birds with one stone, I'm moving this thread to Newbietown, where new members introduce themselves. I'd advise you to read the stickies at the top of each forum as some of them are goofing off forums (Your Martial Art Sucks, Trollshido) and some of them are heavily moderated for on topic content (like this one, MABS.)

Welcome to Bullshido and Semper Fi.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your 24 year old son has an 8 year old? Wow.

Anyway. Yes, I've seen this done with TKD, kenpo and MMA schools. It's pretty sad. I think we should put a red alert out on these two though.

Style
    judo hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Semper Fi and welcome to the site SgtMaj.

A Google search will now show Praxis and their names with this thread.

Do you mind telling how you found that they've done this repeatedly?

Style
    BJJ, Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I appreciate you moving it. I DO NOT want an investigation I stated information sharing, yes I am new so thank you. No I have 2 grandsons, read the post. The 4 year old is my son's child, the 8 year old is my 29 year old daughters child. The family lives close so the grandchildren do everything togther. For instance, MMA, of course same school different levels, baseball, same fields different expertise, its so one adult can take care of transportation. I do appreciate both comments, Semper FI

Style
    BJJ, Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The "New" owner/operator of the gym/building told me by word of mouth. He actually called me aside a couple weeks later because I was fit to be tied. He told me the information. Honestly, I dont know what to believe. If they have done it before, they need Bitch slapped. If they havent, the new "owner" needs to quit blowing his own horn and trying to make himself look better, understand? Enough Said .......Semper Fi

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC Sgt Major View Post
    I appreciate you moving it. I DO NOT want an investigation I stated information sharing, yes I am new so thank you. No I have 2 grandsons, read the post. The 4 year old is my son's child, the 8 year old is my 29 year old daughters child.
    Sarge, with all do respect I did read the thread and nothing lead me to believe that your grandchildren came from two separate parents. You only mention the age of your son; that is all so don't fucking lecture me.

Style
    USMC H2H, BJJ, Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr Omega, to you sir, with all due respects, I am a hard ass to my Marines, not civilians. I guess you are right, I just stated 2 grandkids, I appreciate your answer, your candor, your possible future friendship maybe.........I am not politically correct, never have been , never will be, I am a Jarhead and if you thought I was lecturing you, I apologize sir, I come across that way to those that dont know me, such as you...........I do tree to tree lectures or wall to wall lecture sessions. Have a laugh on me............OOOOOORAHHHHH

US MARINES, the only branch of service, founded in a bar, and still kicking ass! Semper Fi

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hard assess do better here Sarge. Thanks for not taking offense because I'm not politically correct either.

Style
    USMC H2H, BJJ, Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PS. Its Sgt Major. I have earned that rank, that title, that parking spot and that distinction.......I was a Sergeant, 15 years ago...................hahahahahahahaha Have a good day my friend

Carpe jugullem