Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 10:24am

Style: Judo, Muay Thai, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger74 View Post
    I am living in Lewis Center, I am from Nonthaburi Thailand. And what is with the hillbilly joke Cincy boy. I worked at fountain square 5/3 for a year and it ain't that better. Columbus actually has a bigger population than Cincinnati and the city is bigger so what are you talking about? I'm not pretending to be sophisticated, I only see a bunch of grown children that had need their bruised ego stroked because of what? Me telling Thai history and differentiating between Sport Muay Thai and Muay Boran. And skinny kid? Really? I'm 270 lbs.
    Tiger, PLEASE get into a fight with a MT fighter. Use your deadly techniques and see what happens. You may be worried that you'll end up murdering them but trust me, you won't, and hopefully they'll be gracious enough to not give you too hard a beating.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 10:37am

Style: Muay Thai & Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny thing.I have an article floating around about a guy called Ajarn Sak Chai { I think thats his name,if I thought you were worth the effort I'd dig it up }.
    Being a Muay Boran expert you would know of Tony Jaas teacher...no ?.
    He claims there is no fucking difference.More acrobatics,more aerial stuff.
    All allowable in the ring.The throws,also allowable,you just don't score any points.
    Jumping overhand/downward elbows to the neck? Fiction & they don't work as well as the same technique to the top of the head,also allowed.
    NOTHING YOU CAN'T SEE IN ANY STADIUM IN THAILAND.
    Secret killing techniques !!!!
    There is an oft quoted saying at Bullshido
    "Video,or it didn't happen.
    So how about you enlighten those misguided souls amongst us by providing video of YOU performing these so called killing techniques.
    Do it old school.On a fucking banana tree if you wish.

Yes,you are right,I should study more....
    BUT I AM TOO FUCKING BUSY ACTUALLY TRAINING !!!
    :kermit:

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 10:44am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Just stop HM. If he was a teen I'd understand. That 74 is the year he was born.
    that would make sense; 1974 was a Year of the Tiger

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 10:56am

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In ThaiYuth, to pass to a senior level, you fight 10 guys on the test.
    The thing I always wonder when people say this is: What art are those 10 guys from?

If you can beat ten guys from your art, your art clearly hasn't been doing those 10 guys any favours.

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 11:05am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is not about trolling or being retarded. This is about a bunch of grown children who have an ego and manhood problem so they need to put people down to make themselves feel better. I'm telling you the history of Thailand and muay boran and what I get is a bunch of childish martial artist poking fun and making technicality comments. Who's the retard?
    Okay I'll bite. Why have you linked three stories that have nothing to do with Muay Boran to support it's effectiveness?

Plus of it's so good where are the videos of it? There's dozens if not hundreds out there on the web of Muay Thai in action, so where's it's bad boy older brother?

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 11:10am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    Okay I'll bite. Why have you linked three stories that have nothing to do with Muay Boran to support it's effectiveness?

Plus of it's so good where are the videos of it? There's dozens if not hundreds out there on the web of Muu Thai in action, so where's it's bad boy older brother?
    It is all over the internet it is called Muay Thai. This is a _ing _un arguemnt. You just rarely see it used for Muay Thai. Seriously, it is like reading a post from wingchunx2z.

wx2z: OMG the chun is the deadly because x,y, and z techniques can't be used in the ring.
    Tiger74: OMG the Boran is the deadly because x,y, and z techniques can't be used in the ring.

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 11:20am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    It is all over the internet it is called Muay Thai. This is a _ing _un arguemnt. You just rarely see it used for Muay Thai. Seriously, it is like reading a post from wingchunx2z.

wx2z: OMG the chun is the deadly because x,y, and z techniques can't be used in the ring.
    Tiger74: OMG the Boran is the deadly because x,y, and z techniques can't be used in the ring.
    Absolutely, same ****, different subject. I just want to see if Tiger74 can cone with anything better than unrelated links and "waah, my instructor told me so, so it must be real, waah."

I'm not holding my breath.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 11:22am

Style: BJJ, striking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and this is 'Murrica. If'n you don't like it you can GEET OUT!!

/typicalkentuckyresponse

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 11:25am

Style: Muay Thai & Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ong Bak has a lot to answer for.
    Loved the movie,but c'mon,how many people had even heard of Boran before Ong Bak ?

My schools Muay Thai classes went through the roof when that movie came out,& it was crowded enough before that.
    Bruce Lee - itis all over again.

Every time one of my instructors mentions that movie I groan.
    I know I'm gonna be leaping around like a maniac for the next 90 mins doing flying knee & elbow strikes that I'd never even think about using in the real world.
    If you're that far from me then we're not even in fight range anyway. MOVIE FU
    In the ring...No way,high risk of being knocked out if you screw it up & a waste of energy.But I'm old.
    But that's just this ego driven childs opinion.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 11:29am

Style: BJJ / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is not about trolling or being retarded. This is about a bunch of grown children who have an ego problem so they need to put people down to make themselves feel better. I'm telling you the history of Thailand and muay boran and what I get is a bunch of childish martial artist poking fun and making technicality comments. Who's the retard? All tough on the street but allowing the federal reserve bankers and stimulus to pass indebting your children and grand children. Nations around the world have rioted over their government giving their tax dollars to bankers yet the USA remains motionless. Need I wonder why I get this type of reaction on bullshido?
    That right there tells you enough about this poster. Not because of his political beliefs but you NEVER see any sane person make these jumps of interconnection between subjects like this. What the hell does economic policy have anything to do with the martial arts? I think its funny that you just wanted to have a little internet rage rant about the federal reserve.

What school do you train at? Who taught you MB?
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast