Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2011 11:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo/ThaiYuth

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Considering all the talk of the deadly that read completely and utterly ridiculous.
    It was attempted, used, worked, was effective......etc.

Practice in the middle of the battlefield sounded funny.

Please, don't go to the dictionary.
    I used the word Practice beacuse that is the word he use. Keep it simple to correlate between our post. So no, you don't actually "practice" in a life or death situation.
    Last edited by Tiger74; 1/14/2011 11:50pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2011 11:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got it. A difference in opinion.
    I think the real difference is that I've had success using my techniques while you haven't even attempted your's.

Anyway, have you actually used any martial arts skill in a real fighting situation or full-contact sparring? If you had, you'd probably have come to the conclusion that the best way to train techniques is with alive drilling and sparring. Simply assuming a certain technique will work is not as reliable as having actually performed it against a resisting opponent. Check this out:

YouTube - What is Aliveness - Matt Thornton

Like I mentioned above, you haven't seen these techniques kill anyone either so you can't prove they don't work. See what I mean? Or can you prove they don't work without seeing it?
    I don't get it, are you asking me to prove a negative? You're the one who claims your techniques are lethal, so it's up to YOU to prove that they're lethal.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2011 11:57pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And just out of curiosity, with the multitue of martial arts out there that have lethal techniques, in general, how do you differentiate between those techniques that work with those that doesn't in this modern age where killing is a taboo? Lets say a technique does work, how would you go about proving it does in this day and age? Or do we label them all as ineffective because killing is a taboo and modern warfare seldome involve hand to hand combat?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 12:07am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Anyway, have you actually used any martial arts skill in a real fighting situation or full-contact sparring? If you had, you'd probably have come to the conclusion that the best way to train techniques is with alive drilling and sparring. Simply assuming a certain technique will work is not as reliable as having actually performed it against a resisting opponent. Check this out:
    No, haven't had occasion for fighting and all the schools I have been to forbid full contact sparring to my frustration. All I ever get from Jujitsu, Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, Sport Muay Thai is you can't do this or you can't do that. Also liability concerns at the schools. My instructor on the other hand have had real fighting situations because in Thailand, students attending different technical/vocational schools would have mass rumbles. He was one of those students in those rumbles 20 years ago and he have used his art in fighting a resisting opponent. It didn't matter if you are quarreling with the other technical/vocational school or not, if they saw you in uniform, they will attack and on occasions they do kill each other. Its an ongoing problem in Thailand.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home...-30139290.html
    http://teakdoor.com/thailand-and-asi...-fighting.html
    http://www.thailandqa.com/forum/show...chool-Fighting
    Last edited by Tiger74; 1/15/2011 12:20am at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 12:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And just out of curiosity, with the multitue of martial arts out there that have lethal techniques, in general, how do you differentiate between those techniques that work with those that doesn't in this modern age where killing is a taboo? Lets say a technique does work, how would you go about proving it does in this day and age? Or do we label them all as ineffective because killing is a taboo and modern warfare seldome involve hand to hand combat?
    I can prove that chokes can kill people because people are still killed by strangulation to this day.

But besides that, the fact that you can't kill your partner in training is a serious hinderance to the effectiveness of so-called lethal techniques. If the end result of a technique is always supposed to be death, then you can't really perform it in an alive situation in practice. Because of this:

1. You'll never know if the technique you're training is really lethal

2. Even if it is lethal, you're probably not going to be able to execute it correctly in a real life-or-death situation because you've never actually executed it for real against a resisting partner in training

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 12:21am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just stop HM. If he was a teen I'd understand. That 74 is the year he was born.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 12:23am

Style: Kyokushin, Boxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger74 View Post
    None, how many have you? You are trying to imply how would I know if I never done it. I can say how would you know it doesn't work if you didn't either? Why not ask the Thai soldiers who learned LertRit, a form of Muay Boran, and see how they did in WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam/Laos, etc... specifically the one who had occasion for hand to hand combat. If Muay Boran is junk, we need to notify the Thai Military to ditch LertRit.
    Reading from another thread, Marine Jiu-Jitsu is watered down Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu/from the real source. Meaning, the idea is to get control if you are unarmed, long enough, be able to have someone else shoot him. Also meaning it was for military purposes not sport. I think your logic is moot.

What are these deadly techniques you speak of from your other posts? If you say throat punching and fish hooks to the eye, I'm going to shove a post up your ass like Vlad the Impaler.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 12:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just stop HM.
    No. I can save him.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 12:52am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tiger74: arm and leg breaks are legal in MMA competitions.

Why don't we see those Muay Boran techniques dominating the ring/cage?

(grabs popcorn...)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 5:01am

Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger74 View Post
    Sorry, I find western humor dull most of the time so I dont' get it.
    I hate you so very much right now. Dude you are from lewis center, you are twenty minutes from anything even remotely resembling civilization and the literacy rate is in the single digits, like the amount of teeth in most of your mouths.

I am picturing you as the skinny kid who wasn't big enough or strong enough to play football and never got invited to the bonfires so you spent time reading anime and watching the protector too often. Don't pretend to be sophisticated, you'll only look like an ass.

Now if you want to learn how to actually fight, there are plenty of good Muay thai, bjj, and MMA gyms about 45 minutes away in columbus.

EDIT: made a high school joke figuring this guy had to be a teen. IIF has made me sad with his revelation
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast