Posted On:
    1/14/2011 11:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo/ThaiYuth

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Read that again and laugh at yourself.
    Sorry, I find western humor dull most of the time so I dont' get it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/14/2011 11:19pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger74 View Post
    Sorry, I find western humor dull most of the time so I dont' get it.
    That's sad considering you wrote that illogical mess. It has less to do with humor and explains why you misunderstood the original thread.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2011 11:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will loose when you tell me sport muay thai teaches killing teachniques. Until then, there is no way I can loose... And street fighting is nothing close to battle field fighting. Not by a long shot.
    How many people have you killed and how many battlefields have you fought on?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2011 11:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's sad considering you wrote that illogical mess. It has less to do with humor and explains why you misunderstood the original thread.
    I understood. He is differentiating between learning and actually doing this. I view things differently. Those techniques have already been successfully "practiced" by someone else and I am learning that successful technique. If it is a proven technique, it is good enough for me. The question is have you learned the technique correctly and have you practiced it enough times to be second nature and have you learned in which situation to apply each technique.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/14/2011 11:25pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger74 View Post
    I understood. He is differentiating between learning and actually doing this. I view things differently. Those techniques have already been successfully "practiced" by someone else and I am learning that successful technique. If it is a proven technique, it is good enough for me. The question is have you learned the technique correctly.
    No. I'm laughing at what you wrote not, what you and doug's conversation entails. I'm laughing at that sentence and how illogical it sounds.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2011 11:26pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    How many people have you killed and how many battlefields have you fought on?
    None, how many have you? You are trying to imply how would I know if I never done it. I can say how would you know it doesn't work if you didn't either? Why not ask the Thai soldiers who learned LertRit, a form of Muay Boran, and see how they did in WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam/Laos, etc... specifically the one who had occasion for hand to hand combat. If Muay Boran is junk, we need to notify the Thai Military to ditch LertRit.
    Last edited by Tiger74; 1/14/2011 11:33pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2011 11:32pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No. I'm laughing at what you wrote not, what you and doug's conversation entails. I'm laughing at that sentence and how illogical it sounds.
    I still don't get it why you think it is humorous. These fighting techniques are developed over time from fights and wars. When soldiers return home, they would have picked up new skills. That is common sense right? Its experience. So when I say perhaps they learned it in the battle field before it became a technique, that is what I meant. Perhaps I should have elaborated more?
    Last edited by Tiger74; 1/14/2011 11:37pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2011 11:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    None, how many have you? Are you trying to prove a negative? You are trying to imply how would I know if I never done it. I can say how would you know it doesn't work if you didn't either?
    I haven't killed anybody. I don't claim the techniques I practice are for killing people. However, I can claim that my techniques are good for taking people down to the ground and controlling them. I KNOW these techniques work because I've actually done them.

You, on the other hand, don't actually know if your "lethal" techniques work. You think you do, but you've never actually performed them for real, nor have you seen anybody else kill anybody with them. All you have to go by is some notion that they were used on battlefields centuries ago, which you can't actually know for sure. Your attitude towards your techniques' effectiveness is based purely on faith, rather than experience.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/14/2011 11:39pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could it be that people practiced it in the battle field first before it was taught as a technique?
    Considering all the talk of the deadly that read completely and utterly ridiculous.
    It was attempted, used, worked, was effective......etc.

Practice in the middle of the battlefield sounded funny.

Please, don't go to the dictionary.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2011 11:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I haven't killed anybody. I don't claim the techniques I practice are for killing people. However, I can claim that my techniques are good for taking people down to the ground and controlling them. I KNOW these techniques work because I've actually done them.

You, on the other hand, don't actually know if your "lethal" techniques work. You think you do, but you've never actually performed them for real, nor have you seen anybody else kill anybody with them. All you have to go by is some notion that they were used on battlefields centuries ago, which you can't actually know for sure. Your attitude towards your techniques' effectiveness is based purely on faith, rather than experience.
    Got it. A difference in opinion. Like I mentioned above, you haven't seen these techniques kill anyone either so you can't prove they don't work. See what I mean? Or can you prove they don't work without seeing it? If I took a sledge hammer to the back of someone's neck while laying down, would it kill him? How do you know? Have you seen it?
    Last edited by Tiger74; 1/14/2011 11:47pm at .
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast