Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 9:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    um you'll have to tell me what the 9th weapon is, as I know only of the 8 limbs. And for reference, you do not have to actually break someones limbs, even if you are using techniques that could. That is what a tapout is for. That is you (or I) admitting that the other could break a limb and want to concede. As for the unified rules of MMA, you can find them here. Scroll down to the part about fouls and see if you are amenable to that ruleset. If not we can work something out.
    Seriously, dude, it's better if you just bitch out now. You're worrying so much about the 9th limb, but Tiger74 hasn't even mentioned the 10th limb yet. Muay Boran doesn't utilize submission holds, they break arms and legs instantly.

By the way, Tiger74, do you want to hook up sometime?

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 9:21pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh boy and the deadly surfaces again.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 9:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo/ThaiYuth

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Ok I understand what you are saying, I took japanese jujutsu and hapkido back in the day and we did techniques similarly. I am giving you permission to use those techniques, and they are legal under the unified rules anyways. Headbutts are fine as well. Now I have another question before I really should get to work; does muay boran make any claims about takedown defense?
    Take down as in throws or arm locks? Or the wrestling takedowns like pulling the legs or thrusting yourself into the opponent? I don't recall any comments on those. Just to keep your back away from your opponent because of kidneys, floating rib, spine, neck, etc...

Here is one Muay Thasao demonstration I found on youtube. These are not ThaiYuth students though.
    YouTube - muay thasao มวยท่าเสา

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 9:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or the wrestling takedowns like pulling the legs or thrusting yourself into the opponent?
    Hey, I'm glad you're familiar with my discpline!

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 9:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tiger74, how the **** did you get to read documents that are 100's of years old and national treasures in Thailand?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 9:49pm

Style: Muay Thai & Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frog under a coconut shell ?
    Is that some deadly Boran form,you know,like elephant stomps snake ?
    So you teach the deadly TKD do you ?, where ?.
    With,by your own admission, 1 1/2 years of TKD training.I now the WTF is ****,but really!!!.

Mid level Muay Boran student ?
    Again,after 1 1/2 years training !!!.

Sorry,but this ignorant,closed minded child has spent more time out of training with injuries than you have actually spent training.
    And before you put your superior intellect to the job of subtracting 1 1/2 years from my stated training time of 5yrs,to try & invalidate anything I may have to say,I suggest you add in the 6 years of Shotokan & the almost 12 years of Hapkido that I trained before seeing the light.

I couldn't care less about your personal fantasy world ( even my boxing coach this morning thought this topic was retarded,but hey,he's an ex multiple welterweight champ,so what the **** would he know about testing ones skills eh? )

I see there is still no video of you personally proving us wrong,displaying the only kind of experience & knowledge respected by martial artists.
    YOU KNOW...THE PRACTICAL APPLICATION.

You could provide all the national treasures in the Thai archives,still wouldn't mean ****.Just because someone,somewhere,sometime in the distant past may have had these awesome skills is irrelevant & does nothing for your case.
    You claim personal knowledge & , more to the point,mid level experience ( after 1 1/2 years,can you spell MCDOJO ), so post video of you personally performing these mid level Boran techniques that you hold in such high regard.

Oh,& there's no such thing as a Muay Thai school that doesn't allow sparring. ( WTF TKD anyone )
    For fucks sake,it's all about the fighting!!!

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 10:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickko View Post

Oh,& there's no such thing as a Muay Thai school that doesn't allow sparring. ( WTF TKD anyone )
    For fucks sake,it's all about the fighting!!!
    Actually this is semantically wrong out of context. I learned this myself not to long ago. There are schools that do limited sparring and no sparring at all. The context that needs ot added is d because they tend to do many more full contact fighting events than what we see in the states. So, the actual fights replace sparring.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 10:15pm

Style: Muay Thai & Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool,point taken IIF.
    I have heard of camps in Thailand that are like that for the reason you stated.
    i.e,the maniacs are basically fighting weekly.

Hey Tiger,It's really not so hard to admit when you're embellishing the facts or generalizing.
    Lightning didn't strike me down either.
    ( It tried,but I did a Muay Boran flying front check that I saw in the Thai Archives,or spray painted on the half pipe at the local skate park..can't recall)

Forever yours
    The Frog under the coconut shell... ( I really love that saying )

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 11:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tiger74, what do you think of this technique?

YouTube - Wonder Showzen Clip - Mr. Body ( Sub español )

It seems fairly lethal, although I'm surprised he was able to talk after it.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/16/2011 2:30am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    holy crap, cant believe this has gone to 200+ posts after a few hours. you people are crazy.

oh and lol at the Tiger guy snubbing his nose at westerners when he comes from the middle of buttfuck america. you dirty little asiaphile you.