221993 Bullies, 4314 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 111 to 120 of 246
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,588

    Posted On:
    1/15/2011 7:25pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger74 View Post
    I do not know why the practioners of Muay Chaiya do not frequent the MMA camp but I haven't seen many Muay Thai in the Octagon. I also haven't seen many poeple break other people's arm in MMA either. Professional courtesy?
    I entitle this THIS IS WHY YOU TAP!
    YouTube - Fighter's Arm Broken at Tuff N Uff
    YouTube - Frank Mir Breaks Tim Sylvia's Arm *HQ*

    Megumi Fujii with an awesome takedown to toe hold.
    YouTube - Broken Foot - Ninja Girl (Women's MMA; Female MMA)
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  2. Tiger74 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lewis Center, OH
    Posts
    59

    Posted On:
    1/15/2011 7:25pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo/ThaiYuth

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by recourse View Post
    That right there tells you enough about this poster. Not because of his political beliefs but you NEVER see any sane person make these jumps of interconnection between subjects like this. What the hell does economic policy have anything to do with the martial arts? I think its funny that you just wanted to have a little internet rage rant about the federal reserve.

    What school do you train at? Who taught you MB?
    I can't help pulling it in, I get the same vibe on this board as when I try to share information with people about politics, the constitution, and their own founding fathers.
  3. Tiger74 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lewis Center, OH
    Posts
    59

    Posted On:
    1/15/2011 7:27pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo/ThaiYuth

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    I saw one Thai Boxer in an MMA fight. When the bjj guy try to grab his legs, he elbowed his back. When that happened, the referee stopped him and forbade him from doing that. That allow the bjj guy to win. So why he wasn't allowed to elbow the guy in the back when the was bent down grabbing the thai boxer's lets is beyond me.
  4. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,588

    Posted On:
    1/15/2011 7:28pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger74 View Post
    Yeah, I never claimed I know everything and as you have noticed form my post, I also seek to learn Ju Jit Su, Aikido, MMA. I know I don't know everything and I am always seeking to learn. If someone has something to teach me, I'm all ears. But what I have found as the general attitude of this nation is when you try to educate someone on something, you get the arrogant attitude like "how dare you try to teach me anything, how dare you assume I don't already know everything". I have learned this while trying to educate people on the banking industry, the economic meltdown and Federal Reserve." Something that affects everyone's life yet people have an arrogant pompous attitude to anything new as if I was trying to improve upon perfection or something. How insolent of me. I get the same feel here on this board.
    Your ignorance is profound.

    Understand this and then STFU. In order to educate its best to have experience in what you are trying to teach people. You do not have that experience nor the scholastic skills to educate. That is what people are trying to tell you. Your reaction speaks volumes.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  5. Uncle Skippy is offline

    See my tongue. SEE IT!

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out West, USA
    Posts
    2,337

    Posted On:
    1/15/2011 7:29pm

    Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger74 View Post
    I do not know why the practioners of Muay Chaiya do not frequent the MMA camp but I haven't seen many Muay Thai in the Octagon. I also haven't seen many poeple break other people's arm in MMA either. Professional courtesy?
    Oh, they try. The whole point is to TRY to incapacitate your opponent.

    The reason it doesn't happen often is because it is difficult. VERY difficult.

    If Muay Boran is as effective as you claim, it would be THE prevalent stand-up art in MMA.

    But it isn't...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger74 View Post
    1. School forbids sport competition (perhaps for profit competition)
    Forbidding competition helps to prevent the students from figuring out they are not learning an effective art or version of the art.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger74 View Post
    2. Keeps the school's technique from being displayed all over the television. Some don't even want to accept foreign students.
    See #1.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger74 View Post
    3. Not too many people practice Muay Boran because it is not well known outside the circle. Sport Muay Thai is available and convenient.
    Muay Boran IS well known. Yet, it isn't as widely practiced as Muay Thai or other arts. There is a reason for this which DOESN'T deal with it being too deadly.
  6. Kovacs is online now
    Kovacs's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kent - UK
    Posts
    1,542

    Posted On:
    1/15/2011 7:29pm


     Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger74 View Post
    Courtesy, politeness, respect, wisdom, peace over power, and a thirst for knowledge.
    Why? You're talking about personal traits. Martial Arts should teach you how to fight, they're not self help courses. I thought you'd be a little bit more pragmatic than that, seeing as you do such a brutal art.

    I got ego, arrogance, ridicule, petty technical details, etc...
    Ironic as you rocked that attitude from square one.

    How do you know they don't spar is what i want to know. not all sparring occurs in the ring.
    Becouse you said so. If I get a chance I'll back track and quote you.
  7. Tiger74 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lewis Center, OH
    Posts
    59

    Posted On:
    1/15/2011 7:29pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo/ThaiYuth

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    If it's documented history, what evidence do you have that what you're learning is exactly what was done on the battlefield?
    None. Only what is written and depicted.
  8. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,758

    Posted On:
    1/15/2011 7:29pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger74 View Post
    Yeah, I never claimed I know everything and as you have noticed form my post, I also seek to learn Ju Jit Su, Aikido, MMA. I know I don't know everything and I am always seeking to learn. If someone has something to teach me, I'm all ears.
    Okay go back to school and learn irony. It has nothing to do with the amount of intelligence a person has that makes a statement ironic. Also, it has nothing to do with your claims . You have spoken about many things and have limited experience in a few different arts. You speak of MMA, but have zero experience. You speak about the Cage and have no experience.

    Your quote was used as an insult and the irony is reflected in your current posts.


    But what I have found as the general attitude of this nation is when you try to educate someone on something, you get the arrogant attitude like "how dare you try to teach me anything, how dare you assume I don't already know everything".
    You obviously do not know anything about teaching. You aren't trying to teach you are trying to prove your assertions correct and people wrong. Yes, there is a difference.

    I have learned this while trying to educate people on the banking industry, the economic meltdown and Federal Reserve." Something that affects everyone's life yet people have an arrogant pompous attitude to anything new as if I was trying to improve upon perfection or something. How insolent of me. I get the same feel here on this board.
    Then GTFO. If you use the same stupid logic you do here it is less about education and more about your arrogance.
  9. Tiger74 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lewis Center, OH
    Posts
    59

    Posted On:
    1/15/2011 7:30pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo/ThaiYuth

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    Why? You're talking about personal traits. Martial Arts should teach you how to fight, they're not self help courses. I thought you'd be a little bit more pragmatic than that, seeing as you so such a brutal art.



    Ironic as you rocked that attitude from square one.



    Becouse you said so. If I get a chance I'll back track and quote you.
    No, I said they don't do ring fights because they are forbidden. They spar regularly at the schools.
  10. judoka_uk is offline
    judoka_uk's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,616

    Posted On:
    1/15/2011 7:31pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger74 View Post
    None. Only what is written and depicted.
    Can you link me to the primary sources or secondary sources for these claims please?
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.