224961 Bullies, 3501 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 246
Page 1 of 25 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. RealManOfSteel is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    302

    Posted On:
    6/19/2009 6:03am


     Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    I can't read so, Why are people saying muay boran is not effective

    I do not know if this is thread necromancy, but the lack of any experienced members and that should tip you off that this has become a thread for wannabe LARPers.

    Dude learn MT. MB is DEAD. People should stop being wannabe 'th3 d34d1y military death fighters'.

    1. In the military you have rifles, pistols, airstrikes, body armour, bayonets and big fucking knives man. And in the 1% chance that they all fail you have 9 mates with the same **** to back you up. H2H in the military is about strength and the will to win. It develops psychological strengths.

    2. Lerdrit and Muay Boran both use the identical training methods to MT. Only difference is like, headbutts and a few dirty moves. Do MT and if you get in a street fight, then use your base skills and strength to kick his balls.

    I do hope that alex and some others will give me a hand here, I think I am about to be verbally bashed.
  2. alex is offline
    alex's Avatar

    STOP POSTING!

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,199

    Posted On:
    6/19/2009 8:18am

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dude, why the **** would i give you a hand for anything... all youve done is necro a thread with useless information.
  3. RealManOfSteel is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    302

    Posted On:
    6/19/2009 7:05pm


     Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude **** off it's been only a few months alright. I thought necroing was for close to a year or more. I also mentioned that I did not know that.

    I think the information I posted was valid. In what way do you think it was not? So many people equate military hand to hand with mad skills. 99% of the time this is WRONG. And if that's what these people think, than I reckon posting my post was more than acceptable.
  4. alex is offline
    alex's Avatar

    STOP POSTING!

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,199

    Posted On:
    6/19/2009 7:22pm

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    doesnt matter if a body has been dead a few days or a year, its still necromancy to revive it. and its not that you are wrong, its that you bring nothing new to the table. so let this thread die now. the people originally involved dont post any more anyway.
  5. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    6/19/2009 7:33pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RealManOfSteel View Post
    Dude **** off it's been only a few months alright. I thought necroing was for close to a year or more. I also mentioned that I did not know that.

    I think the information I posted was valid. In what way do you think it was not? So many people equate military hand to hand with mad skills. 99% of the time this is WRONG. And if that's what these people think, than I reckon posting my post was more than acceptable.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x_-IoeSB-A
  6. RealManOfSteel is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    302

    Posted On:
    6/19/2009 9:21pm


     Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    alright whatever
  7. Tiger74 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lewis Center, OH
    Posts
    59

    Posted On:
    1/14/2011 4:24pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo/ThaiYuth

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are people saying muay boran is not effective? It is the style use in combat with Burma, Laos, Kampuchea, Vietnam, Malaysia. People fought and died in the battle field using muay boran. The sport muay thai took away so many lethal techniques. If you want to learn muay boran in Thailand, then ThaiYuth (Muay Thasao) or SiamYuth (Muay Chaiya) are your best bet. They teach krabi/Krabong along with tum (Throw), tub (to press from above) jab (grab), hak (break) techniques and the more lethal killing techniques are taught in the higher level. I know because I trained in ThaiYuth.

    Also how is a muay thai boxer going to defeat a muay boran killer? If you are trained to kill your opponent in the battle field with different tecniques then you are more lethal. The Muay Thai boxer would be use to his ring style fighting techniques which is relatively safe because of its sport entertainment value to the audience but when you fight Muay Boran with killing battlefield techniques, the Muay Thai boxer will have a false sense of security. The Muay Boran soldier will go for the neck and one nice dislocation of the vertebrae, kill the person. I know because I was taught that. A sport is designed to entertain the audience so the fights are long with many rounds to keep the audience interested. Muay Boran is not a sport. You try to kill your opponent as soon as possible and move on to the next guy before you are killed by an enemy soldier. There is no comparison...
    Last edited by Tiger74; 1/14/2011 4:45pm at .
  8. dougguod is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    271

    Posted On:
    1/14/2011 6:12pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are people saying muay boran is not effective?

    People aren't saying muay boran doesn't work; People are saying muay boran doesn't exist. Had you read the thread you'd know that and you'd know why.

    Also how is a muay thai boxer going to defeat a muay boran killer?

    Use the search function at the uper right of your screen to find "sport vs. street". It's an argument that's been had a hundred times and it's an argument that you're about to lose for the 101st time.
  9. sleepykid156 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    1/14/2011 7:06pm


     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger74 View Post
    Why are people saying muay boran is not effective? It is the style use in combat with Burma, Laos, Kampuchea, Vietnam, Malaysia. People fought and died in the battle field using muay boran. The sport muay thai took away so many lethal techniques. If you want to learn muay boran in Thailand, then ThaiYuth (Muay Thasao) or SiamYuth (Muay Chaiya) are your best bet. They teach krabi/Krabong along with tum (Throw), tub (to press from above) jab (grab), hak (break) techniques and the more lethal killing techniques are taught in the higher level. I know because I trained in ThaiYuth.

    Also how is a muay thai boxer going to defeat a muay boran killer? If you are trained to kill your opponent in the battle field with different tecniques then you are more lethal. The Muay Thai boxer would be use to his ring style fighting techniques which is relatively safe because of its sport entertainment value to the audience but when you fight Muay Boran with killing battlefield techniques, the Muay Thai boxer will have a false sense of security. The Muay Boran soldier will go for the neck and one nice dislocation of the vertebrae, kill the person. I know because I was taught that. A sport is designed to entertain the audience so the fights are long with many rounds to keep the audience interested. Muay Boran is not a sport. You try to kill your opponent as soon as possible and move on to the next guy before you are killed by an enemy soldier. There is no comparison...

    [IMG]file:///Users/youngkim/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

    -edit-
    http://www.threadbombing.com/data/me...e-facepalm.jpg

    sorry failed at uploading image (Don't hurt me...)
  10. Tiger74 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lewis Center, OH
    Posts
    59

    Posted On:
    1/14/2011 8:04pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo/ThaiYuth

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dougguod View Post
    Why are people saying muay boran is not effective?

    People aren't saying muay boran doesn't work; People are saying muay boran doesn't exist. Had you read the thread you'd know that and you'd know why.

    Also how is a muay thai boxer going to defeat a muay boran killer?

    Use the search function at the uper right of your screen to find "sport vs. street". It's an argument that's been had a hundred times and it's an argument that you're about to lose for the 101st time.
    I will loose when you tell me sport muay thai teaches killing teachniques. Until then, there is no way I can loose. Try an imagine the Thai and Burmese army charging each other and when they are 5 feet from each other, they halt, take their fighting stance and do the pathetic song dance the sport muay thai crowd does nowadays. I mean really, use common sense. And street fighting is nothing close to battle field fighting. Not by a long shot. In ThaiYuth, to pass to a senior level, you fight 10 guys on the test. ThaiYuth is the training for the Tahan Sua (Tiger Solder) of Prajao Taksin (King Taksin who liberated Siam from Burmese control). Phaya Pichai Dab Hak was a general in Prajao Taksin's army and Muay Thasao derived from his training. Thasao is a town in Uttaradit province where Pahaya Pichai was from.

    Regrding the muay boran not effective comment, here is the guy saying just that.

    "
    Torakaka

    Yeah ok, and in what way do those videos demonstrate that muay boran is more than just a performance art?

    I've seen a few vids from that Chaiya place, and they all look pretty piss poor as far as effective training goes.

    What I am referring to by choreographed demos, which comprises all of what you will ever see muay boran used for, is this

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L7WXAg4KPI
    "

    Muay Boran competition was banned becasue people died during the match and the the west kept trying to pussify South East Asia during the colonial period. People had to wear hats, have western culture and looks, etc... so a perfectly decent competition was banned because it was deemed barbarism and Siam was at risk of invasion by the western powers. It had to display civility or be deemed barbarians and fit for conquest.

    Also Samnak Dab Buddhai Sawan teaches Krabi Krabong so it isn't hard to find like someone mentioned. I have known this since I was a toddler living in Thailand.
    http://www.usmta.com/weapons-buddhai-sawan.htm
    Last edited by Tiger74; 1/14/2011 8:28pm at .
Page 1 of 25 1 234511 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.