Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 6:03am

Style: Parkour, BJJ and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I can't read so, Why are people saying muay boran is not effective

I do not know if this is thread necromancy, but the lack of any experienced members and that should tip you off that this has become a thread for wannabe LARPers.

Dude learn MT. MB is DEAD. People should stop being wannabe 'th3 d34d1y military death fighters'.

1. In the military you have rifles, pistols, airstrikes, body armour, bayonets and big fucking knives man. And in the 1% chance that they all fail you have 9 mates with the same **** to back you up. H2H in the military is about strength and the will to win. It develops psychological strengths.

2. Lerdrit and Muay Boran both use the identical training methods to MT. Only difference is like, headbutts and a few dirty moves. Do MT and if you get in a street fight, then use your base skills and strength to kick his balls.

I do hope that alex and some others will give me a hand here, I think I am about to be verbally bashed.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 8:18am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dude, why the **** would i give you a hand for anything... all youve done is necro a thread with useless information.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 7:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude **** off it's been only a few months alright. I thought necroing was for close to a year or more. I also mentioned that I did not know that.

I think the information I posted was valid. In what way do you think it was not? So many people equate military hand to hand with mad skills. 99% of the time this is WRONG. And if that's what these people think, than I reckon posting my post was more than acceptable.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 7:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    doesnt matter if a body has been dead a few days or a year, its still necromancy to revive it. and its not that you are wrong, its that you bring nothing new to the table. so let this thread die now. the people originally involved dont post any more anyway.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 7:33pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RealManOfSteel View Post
    Dude **** off it's been only a few months alright. I thought necroing was for close to a year or more. I also mentioned that I did not know that.

I think the information I posted was valid. In what way do you think it was not? So many people equate military hand to hand with mad skills. 99% of the time this is WRONG. And if that's what these people think, than I reckon posting my post was more than acceptable.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x_-IoeSB-A

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 9:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    alright whatever

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2011 4:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo/ThaiYuth

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are people saying muay boran is not effective? It is the style use in combat with Burma, Laos, Kampuchea, Vietnam, Malaysia. People fought and died in the battle field using muay boran. The sport muay thai took away so many lethal techniques. If you want to learn muay boran in Thailand, then ThaiYuth (Muay Thasao) or SiamYuth (Muay Chaiya) are your best bet. They teach krabi/Krabong along with tum (Throw), tub (to press from above) jab (grab), hak (break) techniques and the more lethal killing techniques are taught in the higher level. I know because I trained in ThaiYuth.

Also how is a muay thai boxer going to defeat a muay boran killer? If you are trained to kill your opponent in the battle field with different tecniques then you are more lethal. The Muay Thai boxer would be use to his ring style fighting techniques which is relatively safe because of its sport entertainment value to the audience but when you fight Muay Boran with killing battlefield techniques, the Muay Thai boxer will have a false sense of security. The Muay Boran soldier will go for the neck and one nice dislocation of the vertebrae, kill the person. I know because I was taught that. A sport is designed to entertain the audience so the fights are long with many rounds to keep the audience interested. Muay Boran is not a sport. You try to kill your opponent as soon as possible and move on to the next guy before you are killed by an enemy soldier. There is no comparison...
    Last edited by Tiger74; 1/14/2011 4:45pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2011 6:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are people saying muay boran is not effective?

People aren't saying muay boran doesn't work; People are saying muay boran doesn't exist. Had you read the thread you'd know that and you'd know why.

Also how is a muay thai boxer going to defeat a muay boran killer?

Use the search function at the uper right of your screen to find "sport vs. street". It's an argument that's been had a hundred times and it's an argument that you're about to lose for the 101st time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2011 7:06pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger74 View Post
    Why are people saying muay boran is not effective? It is the style use in combat with Burma, Laos, Kampuchea, Vietnam, Malaysia. People fought and died in the battle field using muay boran. The sport muay thai took away so many lethal techniques. If you want to learn muay boran in Thailand, then ThaiYuth (Muay Thasao) or SiamYuth (Muay Chaiya) are your best bet. They teach krabi/Krabong along with tum (Throw), tub (to press from above) jab (grab), hak (break) techniques and the more lethal killing techniques are taught in the higher level. I know because I trained in ThaiYuth.

Also how is a muay thai boxer going to defeat a muay boran killer? If you are trained to kill your opponent in the battle field with different tecniques then you are more lethal. The Muay Thai boxer would be use to his ring style fighting techniques which is relatively safe because of its sport entertainment value to the audience but when you fight Muay Boran with killing battlefield techniques, the Muay Thai boxer will have a false sense of security. The Muay Boran soldier will go for the neck and one nice dislocation of the vertebrae, kill the person. I know because I was taught that. A sport is designed to entertain the audience so the fights are long with many rounds to keep the audience interested. Muay Boran is not a sport. You try to kill your opponent as soon as possible and move on to the next guy before you are killed by an enemy soldier. There is no comparison...

[IMG]file:///Users/youngkim/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

-edit-
    http://www.threadbombing.com/data/me...e-facepalm.jpg

sorry failed at uploading image (Don't hurt me...)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2011 8:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo/ThaiYuth

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dougguod View Post
    Why are people saying muay boran is not effective?

People aren't saying muay boran doesn't work; People are saying muay boran doesn't exist. Had you read the thread you'd know that and you'd know why.

Also how is a muay thai boxer going to defeat a muay boran killer?

Use the search function at the uper right of your screen to find "sport vs. street". It's an argument that's been had a hundred times and it's an argument that you're about to lose for the 101st time.
    I will loose when you tell me sport muay thai teaches killing teachniques. Until then, there is no way I can loose. Try an imagine the Thai and Burmese army charging each other and when they are 5 feet from each other, they halt, take their fighting stance and do the pathetic song dance the sport muay thai crowd does nowadays. I mean really, use common sense. And street fighting is nothing close to battle field fighting. Not by a long shot. In ThaiYuth, to pass to a senior level, you fight 10 guys on the test. ThaiYuth is the training for the Tahan Sua (Tiger Solder) of Prajao Taksin (King Taksin who liberated Siam from Burmese control). Phaya Pichai Dab Hak was a general in Prajao Taksin's army and Muay Thasao derived from his training. Thasao is a town in Uttaradit province where Pahaya Pichai was from.

Regrding the muay boran not effective comment, here is the guy saying just that.

"
    Torakaka

Yeah ok, and in what way do those videos demonstrate that muay boran is more than just a performance art?

I've seen a few vids from that Chaiya place, and they all look pretty piss poor as far as effective training goes.

What I am referring to by choreographed demos, which comprises all of what you will ever see muay boran used for, is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L7WXAg4KPI
    "

Muay Boran competition was banned becasue people died during the match and the the west kept trying to pussify South East Asia during the colonial period. People had to wear hats, have western culture and looks, etc... so a perfectly decent competition was banned because it was deemed barbarism and Siam was at risk of invasion by the western powers. It had to display civility or be deemed barbarians and fit for conquest.

Also Samnak Dab Buddhai Sawan teaches Krabi Krabong so it isn't hard to find like someone mentioned. I have known this since I was a toddler living in Thailand.
    http://www.usmta.com/weapons-buddhai-sawan.htm
    Last edited by Tiger74; 1/14/2011 8:28pm at .
Page 1 of 25 1 234511 ... LastLast