Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 10:05am

Style: kickboxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

gene lebell vs steven segal

Forgive my laziness for not searching the whole forum - but does anyone know any of the details of a supposedly famous incident in which gene lebell choked out Steven Segal?

It just sounds like a laugh and I'd like to know a bit more about it.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 10:07am

supporting member
     Style: Shnizzletodawizzle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eating or drinking contest?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 10:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny you should say that. Apparently after segal lost conciousness he let go of what he had going through his digestive system. But thats all I can find on it... I think steve quadros refers to the incident in one of the pride DVDs too.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 10:14am

supporting member
     Style: Shnizzletodawizzle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I donít belive that for a second, everyone knows Steven Segal is deadly. If anything he let LeBell choke him out just to protect LeBell from getting hurt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 10:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL - Nevermind - I found info on it on another forum.

http://judoinfo.com/discuss/index.php?showtopic=951

According to Gokor this took place on the set of "Out for Justice" where Segal was using a Brooklin accent and did a stick fight w/Dan Inasanto-who also tels thsi story. Well Segal was being a dick to the stuntmen, but that is his normal behavior according to them. Well he is talking about how bad he is and the stuntment say "Yeah, well we got this old guy back here who could choke you out!" and Segal stated that nobody coulod get close to him to choke him out he also had never heard of Judo Gene LeBell before that encounter. Well Gene came over and said that he could choke him out and and Segal said that he couldn't so Gene grabbed him real quick and started to choke him. Segal tapped and said that that wasn't fair he was talking and wasn't ready for Gene. So Uncle Gene waited for Sega to get "ready" and when he said that he was Gene grabbed him and started to choke him out and Segal coudln't do nothing w/the old guy. Well Gene was pissed off because Segal was being very rough for no reason on the stunt guys when doing the fight scenes w/them and was upset becuase Segal said he wasn't ready and woul;dn't admit that Gene hooked him so as Uncle Gene would oput it "there is 2 ways to choke a person out, one way the ygo out nice and wake up ok, the other is they go out quick and they piss and crap on themselves" Gene did the latter! Then he drug Segal over to a closet and put hi in there uncouncious. When he came to everybody was cracking up and he went and changed his clothes and fired Gene and his guys. Gene has not worked on another Segal Movie since.

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 10:20am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok heres what happen, my coach knows gene and used to train with him (Back in the day) anyhow the story he told me gos like this,
    Gene was working with steven on a movie and steven said he couldnt be choked out because of his akido training (something along those lines) well gene said i bet i could so steven said give it your best shot (or something) well steven didnt tap and gene thought he was still awake and after 20-30second POOP he piss/**** himself and everyone was laughing and he was humilated.
    Next you are going to want to here the story of gene vs lee, but that will have to be on another day.
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 10:22am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol xudos you posted just before me....
    the story i heard was more detailed, just dont feel like posting all the small things.
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 10:28am

Style: SYSTEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL!!! That was a great story its always good when somone with alot of pride gets humbled by an old-timer like Gene.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 10:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL - yeah, I've heard about the lee vs lebell thing... but if you know more on it, perhaps another day as you say...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 10:29am

Style: SYSTEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have to tell the story with Lee all the kids want to hear it.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast