--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I think I fractured/broke my big toe. Effecting my performance.... :(

So I have NO idea what I did but man oh man my big toe hurts. I broke a toe 2 years ago and you heard the pop and instant pain, swelling, and bruising. You could tell I broke it right away. I wasn't in MA then and nursed it to health by wearing shoes everywhere (usually Im barefoot) and just being careful.

Well, my big toe is swollen, NOT bruised, but hurt like hell. But there are times when I can walk and such and it doesn't really hurt. I think it's certain movements that trigger it. Well...pivoting on that area is a big laugh. Can't do it. I'm trying to do my forms and one step sparring and am unsteady as hell because the weight on there hurts. Today I stupidly did a roundhouse kick to the pad and oh wow... hurts even worse now.

What to do? Tape it... if I tape it whats the best way to tape it? I saw some different ways to tape a toe with KT tape... I don't know if taping it to my next toe will actually really help it a lot... or will it? Anyone have any experience with hurting their big toe and what to do?

Thanks in advance!

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Might want to get it checked by an MD to see if it's really broken. It's hard to break a big toe. The smaller ones are much easier. If it's really broken, as in fractured, you need to know to get proper treatment.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KoiKamsahamnida View Post
    So I have NO idea what I did but man oh man my big toe hurts. I broke a toe 2 years ago and you heard the pop and instant pain, swelling, and bruising. You could tell I broke it right away. I wasn't in MA then and nursed it to health by wearing shoes everywhere (usually Im barefoot) and just being careful.

Well, my big toe is swollen, NOT bruised, but hurt like hell. But there are times when I can walk and such and it doesn't really hurt. I think it's certain movements that trigger it. Well...pivoting on that area is a big laugh. Can't do it. I'm trying to do my forms and one step sparring and am unsteady as hell because the weight on there hurts. Today I stupidly did a roundhouse kick to the pad and oh wow... hurts even worse now.

What to do? Tape it... if I tape it whats the best way to tape it? I saw some different ways to tape a toe with KT tape... I don't know if taping it to my next toe will actually really help it a lot... or will it? Anyone have any experience with hurting their big toe and what to do?

Thanks in advance!

If you don't remember injuring it recently gout comes to mind.

In any event get it checked out by a MD.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it's gout, you will definitely want it checked. The symptoms can go away but still leave problems behind.