Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 12:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gezere :
    That's why I figured Hawkeye was an achievable goal, I'm not a drunken arms dealer or the liking god of thunder, and probably never will be, but guy who is a good shot with a bow? That might be doable.
    Rivington :
    I was actually thinking of picking up the Colonel, since KFC and ole miss don't want to use his image anymore. Dressing as Colonel Reb would certainly lure those likely to commit violent acts out of hiding when I began patrolling high crime areas.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 12:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently I have a crush on Rivington. There's a tasteless joke about seamen somewherein your new avatar but i will refrain from making it because it'd be too easy. Any of you lesser jokesters want to pick that low hanging fruit, go right ahead.

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 12:24am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Apparently I have a crush on Rivington. There's a tasteless joke about seamen somewherein your new avatar but i will refrain from making it because it'd be too easy. Any of you lesser jokesters want to pick that low hanging fruit, go right ahead.

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 1:11am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking though the RLSH site, I have to say this is my favorite moron:
    http://www.reallifesuperheroes.com/2010/10/26/ragensi/

A paranormal investigator AND a Randroid. Awesome. Also, he clearly wears that bandana to hide his double-chin.

Anyway, on to the central question—seems like most RLSH just do homeless outreach or support some cause. The costume is just a sliver of spectacle, a way to get media attention. Some of them are stupid enough to mix it up with street criminals, having failed to understand the basics of superheroing. Step #1 to doing it successfully is to have an omnipotent artist pre-arrange the geography of nearby rooftops and alleys perfectly to suit a quick strike and immediate exit. One would think that Phoenix Jones, with all his traffic violations, would finally figure out that you can't actually Batmobile around a city in his wife's Toyota and get away with it. So the RLSHers who want to fight just seem to waddle around dicey neighborhoods, looking to encounter something. Better than getting a police scanner and hoping to beat the fuzz to the scene, I suppose.

For those who continue to give the RLSHers the benefit of the doubt, check out this comment:

http://www.reallifesuperheroes.com/2.../#comment-5591

Hey Zero you inspired me to become a guardian like you ppl. I live in germany and i got in trouble with some dudes which looked for trouble and this made me real angry. I want to help ppl in similar situations. I will learn wing tsu and buy 2 batons/tonfas.

Wing tsun, the arch enemy of bullies everywhere!

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 2:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Somehow Im not comfortable with the notion of the Germans getting the urge to patrol the streets and policing.
    They did some years over here and it wasnt sucha succes.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 1:21pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    Looking though the RLSH site, I have to say this is my favorite moron:
    http://www.reallifesuperheroes.com/2010/10/26/ragensi/

A paranormal investigator AND a Randroid. Awesome. Also, he clearly wears that bandana to hide his double-chin.

Anyway, on to the central question—seems like most RLSH just do homeless outreach or support some cause. The costume is just a sliver of spectacle, a way to get media attention. Some of them are stupid enough to mix it up with street criminals, having failed to understand the basics of superheroing. Step #1 to doing it successfully is to have an omnipotent artist pre-arrange the geography of nearby rooftops and alleys perfectly to suit a quick strike and immediate exit. One would think that Phoenix Jones, with all his traffic violations, would finally figure out that you can't actually Batmobile around a city in his wife's Toyota and get away with it. So the RLSHers who want to fight just seem to waddle around dicey neighborhoods, looking to encounter something. Better than getting a police scanner and hoping to beat the fuzz to the scene, I suppose.

For those who continue to give the RLSHers the benefit of the doubt, check out this comment:

http://www.reallifesuperheroes.com/2.../#comment-5591

Hey Zero you inspired me to become a guardian like you ppl. I live in germany and i got in trouble with some dudes which looked for trouble and this made me real angry. I want to help ppl in similar situations. I will learn wing tsu and buy 2 batons/tonfas.

Wing tsun, the arch enemy of bullies everywhere!
    I am pretty sure Zero came to my open mat as well with the whole "New York Initiative" group. If it was him, we did not get along very well. They were going to do a first responder training at my gym (I had no idea who they were), and Zero was the point man I was aranging with. I offered my place because I was going to get all my coached trained up. But, alas, they could not get their **** together and we ended up having a pretty nasty beef over his totally unprofessional attempt to work with me and organize this thing. I basically tod him to F off (and he to me...LOL).
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 1:29pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW, here is the website for the HBO documentary "Superheroes" about the NY Group that premiers next week I believe.

http://superheroesthemovie.com
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 1:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Yes Steve did work on this. That is why if he wasn't an investigation he should take the lead.
    I think the problem has something to do with the investigator tag Steve turned in last year. Coincidentally, he's had some contact with these folks and provided certain information that might be used in a MABS thread, but I doubt you'd ever get him leading an investigation again; maybe if one of his old investigations (Sonnon, Blythe) came alive... but not a new one.

Steve, the problem is Bullshido is not a community that follows set principles, or has set values; it just responds to whatever resonates. Based on past reasons for past investigations, this subject probably warrants an investigation. But it doesn't work like that. Bullshido is not like the police department, or even POWNET; it really just gets random hard ons and then follows it's dick.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 8/04/2011 1:52pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 2:04pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't even see why we SHOULD care about these guys? I don't see any kind of fraud at all and they might be doing some good. The only bad thing I see coming is a unnecessary law banning RLSH whenever one of them gets killed or ruins an investigation/police arrest.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    8/04/2011 2:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    I don't even see why we SHOULD care about these guys?
    I don't know about you, but I'm not thrilled about THIS vid (quoted below):

Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    In case you need some self defense lessons (don't try this at home folks):

The only bad thing I see coming is a unnecessary law banning RLSH whenever one of them gets killed or ruins an investigation/police arrest.
    I believe the term your searching for is Keene Act
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!