Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2011 2:18pm

Style: Lightning Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Looking to start FMA study group in DC Area

Hey there,

I just moved to the DC/NoVA area and I'm looking to start a small, dedicated FMA study group.

If anyone's interested please contact me either on this forum or send me an email at angelo.arnis@gmail.com

Posted On:
    1/09/2011 2:31pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Basagulero View Post
    Hey there,

I just moved to the DC/NoVA area and I'm looking to start a small, dedicated FMA study group.

If anyone's interested please contact me either on this forum or send me an email at angelo.arnis@gmail.com
    I believe there's both a pekiti and sayoc/atienza group in the area, so you may be able to cherry-pick some training partners.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2011 3:57pm

Style: Lightning Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by selfcritical View Post
    I believe there's both a pekiti and sayoc/atienza group in the area, so you may be able to cherry-pick some training partners.
    Cool, do you have any contact information? I've been searching far and wide... I' looking to actually start my own group to practice the style I'd been taught.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2011 9:39pm

Style: Southern Kung Fu, BJJ, AK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is the Sayoc/Atienza contact info:

http://mdkali.com/

Guro Bob's student also has a training group in Virginia. contact him if you want that info as well.

Depending where you live and when and where you plan to gather folks to train I may be able to meet up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2011 10:42pm

Style: PTK, MT, & Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This page has links for most of the FMA in the DC Metro. I just talked to a guy the other day who is looking hard but can't really travel too far. Depending on where you are located I might be able to steer him your way. PM me if you are interested.

http://www.arnisdc.com/index.php?opt...d=88&Itemid=98

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2011 1:04pm

Style: PTK, MT, & Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinch2 View Post
    This page has links for most of the FMA in the DC Metro. I just talked to a guy the other day who is looking hard but can't really travel too far. Depending on where you are located I might be able to steer him your way. PM me if you are interested.

http://www.arnisdc.com/index.php?opt...d=88&Itemid=98
    Also, you might post your info on FMAtalk and FMAforum as there are a number of people who come on there looking for places to train. As I stated, I know of one guy in particular who is actively looking for a place to train in the DC Metro. Let me know and I can pass your contact information on to him.

Good luck,

Jason

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2011 11:18pm

Style: Mostly mixed-up FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinch2 View Post
    I know of one guy in particular who is actively looking for a place to train in the DC Metro. Let me know and I can pass your contact information on to him.

Jason
    +1 to guys looking for non-school training in DC Metro. That's me, up in Maryland (Rockville/Germantown way). I've whined about this before, never have gotten a predictable enough work schedule to hook up with a school.

I do mostly Inosanto-blended FMA with some MT, it's be nice to add in something like BJJ.

Laters,
    madsox
    :glasses10