Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last

Style
    IKCA Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

New 2 Bullshido *Kenpo*

My name's Vince Gamble,

I am a 1st degree black belt in "Chinese Kenpo" under the IKCA.

My instructor was Jerry Brooksher of Pittsburg KS. He earned his black belt from Vic LeRoux (sp?) > Chuck Sullivan > Ed Parker.

I have a Kenpo Club so to speak... I teach adults for free out of my home.

I believe in the continuation of the art, and I belive in my styles strengths, and in m own ability.

I however know my stles weaknesses, and encourage my guys to branch out and get some ground training... that can be discussed another time. :)

Currently living in Kansas Cty MO, but moving soon to Overland Park KS, where I've taught in several schools.

Local martial art friends and acquantances: Will Stonecipher, Loyd Doty, Helen Dugan, and :ninja2:Shawn Monday, Omar Ahmed... and sveral others I can't hink of right now.

I look forward to chatting with people here, and giving/getting feedback.

Thanks,
    -Vince

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool. Welcome to Bullshido. What kind of setup do you have in your house for training? Do you have a room dedicated to martial arts training or in your living room ....or just how does teaching out of your house work?
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Style
    IKCA Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Nosed View Post
    Cool. Welcome to Bullshido. What kind of setup do you have in your house for training? Do you have a room dedicated to martial arts training or in your living room ....or just how does teaching out of your house work?
    :hello: Red_Nosed
    I currently have a room dedicated for training. It's about 12X15.
    I have enough room to teach 3-4 at once comfortably.

As I said before... I teach for free, and all equipment I have, has been bought out of pocket. (I'm not rich by any means. lol)
    Puzzemats cover the floor. 3/4" blue center, with 1/2" black border.
    Freestanding Heavybag
    Double hand kick/punch target
    Focus Mitts
    Rolling Pin (4 shin conditioning)
    Weighted Jump Rope
    15 lbs med ball (the guys love the med ball/ab strengthening lol)
    8 lbs med ball
    Round Timer :icon_twis lol

I'm moving to Overland Park KS, and will then be teaching out of a huge finished basement. (I'm really excited about the new teaching space.)

I hope that answers your question... if not, please feel free to rephrase the question and/ or be a little more specific.

-Vince

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by VGamble13 View Post
    My name's Vince Gamble,

I am a 1st degree black belt in "Chinese Kenpo" under the IKCA.

My instructor was Jerry Brooksher of Pittsburg KS. He earned his black belt from Vic LeRoux (sp?) > Chuck Sullivan > Ed Parker.

I have a Kenpo Club so to speak... I teach adults for free out of my home.

I believe in the continuation of the art, and I belive in my styles strengths, and in m own ability.

I however know my stles weaknesses, and encourage my guys to branch out and get some ground training... that can be discussed another time. :)

Currently living in Kansas Cty MO, but moving soon to Overland Park KS, where I've taught in several schools.

Local martial art friends and acquantances: Will Stonecipher, Loyd Doty, Helen Dugan, and :ninja2:Shawn Monday, Omar Ahmed... and sveral others I can't hink of right now.

I look forward to chatting with people here, and giving/getting feedback.

Thanks,
    -Vince
    Do you like leisure walk in the park and romantic movies? Jeez, what a douche.

Style
    IKCA Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ho Homega View Post
    Do you like leisure walk in the park and romantic movies? Jeez, what a douche.
    Hello Omega
    You asking me out? Sorry I don't go for guys, no matter how cute your girlish figure is. lol

Kidding aside, I figured the above info would be a little better than... "Hi, umm I'm new. Anyone in KC? TKD sucks" ... well TKD does suck, but that's another area. lol

Can't start a thread with just a sentence of nothing Omega.

Have a good New Years.
    -Vince

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by VGamble13 View Post
    Hello Omega
    You asking me out? Sorry I don't go for guys, no matter how cute your girlish figure is. lol

Kidding aside, I figured the above info would be a little better than... "Hi, umm I'm new. Anyone in KC? TKD sucks" ... well TKD does suck, but that's another area. lol

Can't start a thread with just a sentence of nothing Omega.

Have a good New Years.
    -Vince
    "I think the woman protest too much."

Really look at what you wrote and get back to me. If you still have no idea how this post makes you look like a douche then come talk to me.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!
    Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I think the woman protest too much."

Really look at what you wrote and get back to me. If you still have no idea how this post makes you look like a douche then come talk to me.
    I thought we weren't allowed to troll the newbs in Newbietown?

Oh wait, we aren't Omega.:violent1:
    I feel like you eye-bawlin' me, dawg!

Style
    IKCA Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega... I guess it because I misspelled *think. lol

Shihan Klaus... feel free to give me grief. It's all good.

-Vinnie

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Um nope, try again.

Style
    IKCA Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Um nope, try again.
    lol ... ok, hmmm... to "wordy"? Big words like "continuation" hard to understand?

My only "real" guess as to why you may dislike it... is because it can look like I was trying to "prove" my background out of the gate.
    Although I wasn't really trying to do that... so much as just get pings from people in the local area, or some of the people here that know me.

I'm a networker, and enjoy talking with people about martial arts, concepts, and ideas. :blob1:
    -V

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last