Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2011 1:01am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Coca Cola

so.. I watched one of those diet programs about a guy that needed to drop the habbit of drinking 1-3 liters of Coca Cola each day. It is old news that drinking 1-3 liters of Coca Cola each day is bad news but check out what happens in the body.

first of all.. Coca Cola contains so much sugar that it would make people throw up if it weren't for some acid. A mixture with the same ratio of sugar and water would make you throw up. It would be to much for the body or the taste system of something.
    This acid that.. it actually wash out important stuff like calcium and vitamins.. If you drink alot of Coca Cola it will make your body weaker not only because it replaces high value food and contains to much sugar.. but also because it wash out and steal your vitamins and calcium. Side effects can be .. weaker muscles, weaker skeleton.. and all the stuff that you can get from to much sugar.. bald, fat, diabetes :'(.. also acid and sugar can **** up some of the organs..

That's what I got out of it so I ask. Is it true? and if it is.. Isn't it a scary thought?

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    1/07/2011 1:15am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think that drinking 1-3 liters of Coke a day being bad for you comes as too much of a surprise.

That being said, I've have never heard of anything having so much sugar as to induce vomiting, and a cursory glance in my pantry reveals that a serving of Coca Cola only has 7 more grams of sugar then a serving of Hersey's Chocolate Syrup. I call bullshit on the vomiting.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    1/07/2011 1:16am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're asking if it's bad to drink 1-3 liters of high fructose corn syrup, then yes.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    1/07/2011 1:22am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    I don't think that drinking 1-3 liters of Coke a day being bad for you comes as too much of a surprise.

That being said, I've have never heard of anything having so much sugar as to induce vomiting, and a cursory glance in my pantry reveals that a serving of Coca Cola only has 7 more grams of sugar then a serving of Hersey's Chocolate Syrup. I call bullshit on the vomiting.
    The reasoning behind the high acidity does indeed sound bullshit but sugar inducing vomiting is not. When i came off a no carb diet with a double serving of Gatorade i was violently ill. Probably depends how used to digesting sugar your body is.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    1/07/2011 1:26am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    The reasoning behind the high acidity does indeed sound bullshit but sugar inducing vomiting is not. When i came off a no carb diet with a double serving of Gatorade i was violently ill. Probably depends how used to digesting sugar your body is.
    Pretty much. I can't stand sweets, and a donut tends to force me to lay down, whereas I have friends that can eat a gallon of ice cream with no issues.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    1/07/2011 1:26am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    You have to water that **** down man, come on.

I'm just saying that it's not like Coke has triple the sugar of anything else people can expect to come into contact day to day. It does have an unhealthy amount to be sure, but people point fingers a whole lot.

EDIT: Ugly, do you remember the name of the program?
    Last edited by Kickapoo; 1/07/2011 1:36am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2011 1:46am

Style: Judo, BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phosphate Acid in cola does not *steal* vitamins or calcium from your body, or a direct cause of a lower bone density. What really happens, the Phosphate Acid binds to calcium and magnesium ions turning it into undigestiable salt, therefore you end up excreting these indigestible salts. However, drinking a cup of milk or taking calcium tablets a day (which you should do anyway) can counteract these effects binding effects rather effectively and also new studies have found Phosphate Acid has negligible effect on bone density.

However, cola can be very damaging to your kidneys and may cause a chronic kidney disease, just consuming coke.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    1/07/2011 2:00am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sidenote: The acids in carbonated drinks softens the enamel on your teeth. So you should not brush for 30 minutes after drinking a CO2 drink, as the enamel needs to harden back up. Same with citrus/lemon acid. I think milk also counteracts this softening effect.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    1/07/2011 2:35am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, it's the same old story. It's easy to say something that's known to be bad for you is all of sudden the worst possible thing in the world. Is it unhealthy to drink large amounts of Coke? Yes. Is drinking Coke gonna kill you? Well... maybe if you get diabetes from all the sugar. Ok bad example. But it's not gonna melt you into some boneless puddle on the floor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2011 2:42am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    EDIT: Ugly, do you remember the name of the program?
    sorry I don't watch much tv.. but it was very British.. I'll try to figure out the name. It could be supersize versus superskinny.. dunno why but that title just pops up in my head.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast