Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2004 5:14pm

Style: Modern Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm mildly surprised they didn't work in the name IceColdKilla in some way. It's about the only thing that could make it all funnier.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 12:41am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by The Wastrel
    Well, Guerrilla Fists is coming to the NorCal McThrowdown, and he's a Shou Shu'er. Of course, I picked him because he seems a mite more reasonable.
    what does he say about Shou Shu? i hope nothing like what those guys were claiming...

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 12:45am

supporting member
     Style: Kickboxing/Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its possible. Some military personnel I have met who have seen and lived through actual war zones are definatly hard bastards. They may not have fanciful belts or grading certificates but their experiance qualifies them in many other ways. They have actually been through real life or death situations and they certainly know what real combat is about. There not on websites talking about it,or training for it,there actually doing it. Big difference.

WAY off topic..

And how many hard asses in military war zones have YOU met in Australia?
    "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
    - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog **** on your shoe.-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 12:58am

Style: wrestling/BIFF

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ghost as for your comment about austalian defence force or (military hard asses) australia has the SAS which is rated by none other then your president BUSH to be the number one fighting force in the world, we have the toughest hardest most highly trained elite special operations force in the world, and the brittish will back that up aswell as the americans as well as th french thats not bullshit either,

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 2:30am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When BUSH was being nice and giving respect were respect is due, but anyone in the know definitely will agree that the best trained specops in the world is our own Delta, then again D doesn't really exist:D. I just went to a CQC class thought by british SAS (part of some new Joint training program) all the instructors went through the compound and said it was the best training hands down.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 12:32pm

Style: Suave

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for putting me on the spot The Wastrel lol. No hard feelings though. I will be attending the Nor Cal Throwdown. I will say though that I am a novice at the most fundamental level Shou Shu (second belt...but we all know belts do not measure fighting capability). So what I can shou you is our basic principles and the concepts behind our art. Hopefully coming away from it you who attend will have a better understanding of Shou Shu.
    Could I take on multiple attackers? Of course, no doubt in my mind. Why? Because I have. At the beginning of last month I threw a party when my dad went out of town. And five cars deep full of black guys and two white girls showed up trying to get into the party. When I denied them at the drive way they started to walk away and tried to make it into a race thing then jumped on my friends car, dented the roof in, and broke into it starting to sift through the glove box. It was just me out there and I ran on top of the car threw the first guy off, jumped down and started pounding the other two who quickly came out of the car. Of course there were well around 15 of them and I didn't expect the others to jump in. I quickly got surrounded but applied the basic knowledge that I knew to put myself in surviving chances. I guarded my vitals, stayed up (not sexually speaking but stayed on my feet) and created less surface area by backing against the car with the door open so I was on the inside. This greatly reduced the amount of people that could attack me at one time. From there it was just snap kicks in the groin, fingers in the eyes, and punches in the throat. Granted they did kick my ass, but that's it, without my training I would have been murdered.
    Mind you also that I have many years judo experience and moderate years eskrima experience. I wasn't using just Shou Shu, it's the only striking art I have studies yes, and the principles are solid, but I am not so militant to claim it is the only way. After I got pulled from the car a guy did try to dip me from behind but I used Ogoshi (a hip throw) from judo to ground and pound him (at this point I was like f*ck it, if I'm going down I'm taking one to hell with me). I know I put out at least 4 to 6from the fight with groin kicks and eye gouges and chops to the neck greatly reducing the amount that remained. And me being in exemplary shape (used to wrestle) I could feel the group losing gas as the fight went on, and it went on for a while.
    I came away from the fight with bruised arms (from chop blocks) scared knuckles and wrists, a back full of bruises, cuts all over my body, and a headache for the next three days, also the bones in my left forearm are still bruised, it was swollen for a week. But I did good by blocking the face, came out as pretty as ever, and I didn't get knocked out or grounded to the point of disability. Eventually people came out of the house and chased them off.
    My training (from all MA) helped me keep a clear mentality in a physically chaotic situation. As far as I am concerend I won the fight because I accomplished my goals of staying alive, keeping them out of my father's house, and chasing them out of my friends car.

First Edit: Clarified the racial qualifier for overly sensitive, PC, whiny, cry baby, hippy, bullshido posters
    Last edited by Guerilla Fists; 3/08/2004 2:39pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 12:40pm

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ummmm.

so why didn't you let them in the party?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 12:47pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could understand if you were only having a few people you knew over and didn't want a group of 17 people that you didn't know coming in.

I don't believe that is the reason you wouldn't let them in though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 12:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A few reasons I didn't let them into the party.
    First of all my father's house is very nice and had valuable things in it. Why would I let someone in I didn't know or trust? They were all obviously seniors in highschool or just graduated (or dropped out most likely) and had an immaturity about them that I immediatly picked up on.
    Second, there were two girls with them out of 5 carloads. I'm not a fan of sausage fests.
    Third, there were already too many guys there.
    So tell me altlat what was the real reason I didn't let them in? Obviously you would know and i wouldn't because you were there and I wasn't...oh wait, no it's theother way around. Presumptuous smart ass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 1:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oi NoodlePower. One thing I need to point out to you before you disseminate more misinformation. Sheng Chi is not associated with Moore's Shou Shu. I know you have been told this numerous time if you read the posts at all on MAP, so before you start giving the good folks on bullshido a perspective that is out of context please think twice before you stir. We will be comming with a site soon enough and when it comes out I will post it for you. But for now I think you should consider retracting your statement associating sheng chi with shou shu, there is no connection. The guy who teaches sheng chi used to be in shou shu and is only a second degree. We learn from 5 seventh degree da shifus and our art is much more principled and cohesive. However if you choose to ignore this and continue spreading misinformation I will not be surprised.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast