Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2011 6:04pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

opinions on this video and gym

http://www.youtube.com/user/wncbjj#p/u/11/_PYJ20EggeQ

I'm planning on checking out this gym next week. They are primarily a jujitsu school, but they offer Savate and boxing classes as well. I'm pretty confident the BJJ is going to be great, but I'm also looking for some good stand up instruction and I'm not sure this will be the best place to get it.

IMHO the savate instructor's rear leg kick doesn't look very good, to me it looks like to doesn't really turn his hip over. However this just may be the difference between savate and muay thai, I don't know much about Savate.

http://www.wncbjj.com/index.php?opti...&id=3&Itemid=3

Above is the link to the gyms website. What is your opinion of the video and the gym as a whole based on what you can see. Again the bjj looks quite legit, i'll probably be going by there next week anyway.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    1/02/2011 6:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The instructor's kicking looks fine imo. The rear leg looks liek it has plenty of hip involvement, although it is clear the instructor is 'pulling' the technique to save the other guy's leg.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    1/02/2011 8:09pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, you're in Western North Carolina just be glad you aren't already a Ninjer.

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 4:43pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How would you use the savate kicking style for MMA? I thought they wore shoes and aimed to make contact with the top of the foot/toes.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 5:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    someone needs to watch the video.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Posted On:
    1/12/2011 1:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the instructor that I train under. His name is Armando Basulto and he received his black belt in BJJ from Royler Gracie. We have just opened at a new facility owned by my wife and I. It is GroundSwell Fitness on Branner ave. in Waynesville, Nc. The class in the video is one of his Vale Tudo classes that is held on Sundays in which he incorporates BJJ with techniques from Savate, Muay Thai, and Boxing. GroundSwell Fitness has !,000 sq.ft. of open mat and a Pro-shop in which we sell gear for Gi and No Gi training as well as Gloves and mitts for striking. Please come by and check us out. We open at 10 am. Monday through Saturday and 11 am. on Sundays. We are here until 9 pm. on most evenings. Check out Groundswellfitness.com for an better idea of the gear that we have available.

Posted On:
    1/15/2011 4:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fightclubfreak7 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/user/wncbjj#p/u/11/_PYJ20EggeQ

I'm planning on checking out this gym next week. They are primarily a jujitsu school, but they offer Savate and boxing classes as well. I'm pretty confident the BJJ is going to be great, but I'm also looking for some good stand up instruction and I'm not sure this will be the best place to get it.

IMHO the savate instructor's rear leg kick doesn't look very good, to me it looks like to doesn't really turn his hip over. However this just may be the difference between savate and muay thai, I don't know much about Savate.

http://www.wncbjj.com/index.php?opti...&id=3&Itemid=3

Above is the link to the gyms website. What is your opinion of the video and the gym as a whole based on what you can see. Again the bjj looks quite legit, i'll probably be going by there next week anyway.
    jordan is that you? if so this is daniel. i use to train in your garage with you and your friends a few years ago when i moved to asheville. i train with armando and he is a great instructor btw, come by and check us out.