...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/31/2010 9:29am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Audio Goose View Post
    Hhhhmmmm..... lets see. Give a bunch of people guns to shoot at a firearms competition along with a major distraction. My opinion says this isn't a smart idea.

Plus another concern with this idea is the ability to be able to hear a range master or a cease fire while on the range. Ear protection is one thing in this regards, but adding a second source of potentially loud sound to the mix would make a "cease fire" that much more difficult to hear, especially if you're like me and like my music loud n' proud.
    There should only be one loaded firearm at a time according to competition procedures. Firearms are unloaded and a hammer falls on the empty chamber as soon as the competitor is done shooting.

You can stop the music when it's your turn to shoot, when range commands would apply to you.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/31/2010 10:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'll have better audio quality with passive noise reduction than you will with active noise reduction.

Check out the David Clark 10S/DC Stereo Headset.

Their stuff is pretty much bulletproof and they have a great warranty and customer service.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    12/31/2010 11:08am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can understand the concerns here, but a lot of people shoot by themselves in secluded surroundings. Even then, it's usually easier just to turn on a radio (especially if you have electronic ears, because they're going to let you hear the music or whatever when you're not shooting anyway, and you'll also be able to hear it when you take them off.)
    But it's not necessarily the end of the world to have your earpro double as headphones.

When I shoot USPSA, the norm is to shoot twice and wait the rest of the time. If you're not policing brass or running a timer or something, you may not even be in the range area.

All that said, these things aren't that useful to me, which is why I have plain old stereo electronic ears my wife got me for my birthday last year. I LOVE those.

I WOULD really like to get a pair of the radio or MP3 version, but I'd use them for things like mowing the lawn. That's really more what they're intended to do.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12