Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/30/2010 7:56pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Training makes life better. It makes me feel better, it relieves stress and anxiety, it helps me sleep better and think better. The irony is that it makes me more capable of doing the work that I consider important, but somehow I get into this groove of non-training.

Granted, I've put in some years, and I'm not new. Honestly, when most of us say "we don't have time" we just aren't using it efficiently.

I do, however, blame the schedule of most martial arts gyms. Honestly, we are exactly the kind of people who will often wake up early to train so we can drink, chase tail, and visit with the kids at night.

Fucking 7pm classes.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2010 8:12am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i hear ya on the 7pm classes. i usually get home from work around 5:30 and end up trying to shower, eat dinner, lift and then somehow drive half an hour to get to classes on time and then end up showing up late or skipping cuz i HATE missing a workout. I should really invest in a delorean and a flux capacitor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2010 8:28am

Style: Chameleon Combat Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    During the week i go to class straight from work and I've had to skip training a couple of times because i forgot my gi at home :(. It was ok though, i just got my ass kicked twice next class.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2010 9:04pm

Style: Cage Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I'm tired or burnt out I skip training. That's my most common reason to do so.

IMO, the more you train, the less each individual session matters. What's really important is overall consistency. On the flip-side, if you only train 2-3 times a week, you can't afford to miss a session (if you take it seriously).

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/31/2010 9:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wado-ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do four to five sessions in a class a week. Three one hour classes and one three hour class. Occasionally if I can get enough people together also do a sparring class on Wednesdays for an hour and a half or two hours.

I also aim to do two and a half hours of training a day, four to six hours when I have time off, although admittedly on times I allow myself a minimum of one intense hours worth and leave it at that.

Recently I have not done every session a week for about six weeks but before that I did fourteen months without missing a session. With the new year I'll be back to training that amount. The embarrassing reason being I was in a production of Pride and Prejudice for a theatre and it's times conflicted with my classes. Least I got to stand in for Mr Darcy for one night, being an under study has it's advantages on times.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345