Style: 空手 / &#2147

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    I hate the northerners even more.
    At least you guys make nice pies.
    You WHAT!? GONG SAU!

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post

By the way, if you were fat, I would've said that you get in very sexy shape much faster doing MT than Krav... since the average MT guy is way sexier than the average Krav guy. It's basic statistics.
    QFT

The online 'documentation' given on the site is a bit slim, but basically, the truth is out there:
    In Nederland werkte hij als persoonsbeveiliger, beveiliger voor evenementen en vertrouwenspersoon voor zakenmensen. Daarnaast studeerde GabriŽl fysiotherapie en werkte hij enkele jaren als therapeut. Vervolgens heeft GabriŽl ruim 10 jaar diverse commerciŽle functies gehad in bedrijven op het gebied van medische technologie, o.a. international sales en projectmanagement. Vanaf 2010 is zijn focus volledig gericht op het verder ontwikkelen van zijn G-Safe concept en visie.
    source

Cynical translation: In the Netherlands he worked as a bodyguard (...) After that GabriŽl has had commercial positions with companies active in the field of medical technology, amongst others sales and project management. . From 2010 he is completely focussed on the further development of his G-Safe concept and vision

So I am not saying he's bullshido, but he's definitely cashing in on the KM popularity.

Btw, safe yourself some money: Branimir Tudjan is really good, teaching somewhere in the west of the country. There is more than enough expertise in the NL, in various forms of martial arts.

O and I would heed the advice of Lebell and about the gum and groin shield.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    1/28/2011 7:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moenstah View Post

Btw, safe yourself some money: Branimir Tudjan is really good, teaching somewhere in the west of the country. There is more than enough expertise in the NL, in various forms of martial arts.

ehm...isnt he that croatian fucko?
    I think I actually know him, and also where he teaches.
    I'm not impressed much with him.

Correction, he's not the dude who I had in mind but I actually have met this guy, he has his gym in my town.
    Not much impressed with him neither though. :-p
    Though he struck me as a nice dude.

And here is why im not impressed:
    YouTube - Krav Maga Nederland
    Last edited by Lebell; 1/28/2011 7:51am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2011 8:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah sure, the foom is strong in that vid. But then again, I think that's an integral part when it comes to 'fighting' in krav maga: adrenaline+bull rush. I think that's quite effective at making civil recruits 'fight ready' in a simplistic way.

But during his seminar I once attended, he had some really nice drills (not the stuff you see in the vid: shielding, milling, and a few 'JBN jiujitsu guys' having their reality check about the effectiviness of jujutsu 'knife defense'). Gave good, well thought advice on 'self defense' in general. (something along the lines: don't be a prick, avoid wrong places, leave your ego etc.). I think he's a good krav maga instructor.

Posted On:
    1/28/2011 8:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah, as a krav maga instructor he's fine.
    It's just krav maga sucks ass in general imo.

Posted On:
    1/28/2011 9:11am

Style: 5x5, 5.56mm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah sure, the foom is strong in that vid. But then again, I think that's an integral part when it comes to 'fighting' in krav maga: adrenaline+bull rush. I think that's quite effective at making civil recruits 'fight ready' in a simplistic way.
    I think you'd be better off boxing of you want to get 'fight ready' quickly, that bull rush stuff looks and feels good but it's pretty much larping. The millings probably a good start though.

Posted On:
    1/28/2011 9:44am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best way to get 'ready' for a 'fight' is to just pick one.
    Walk into a mosque with your muddy working boots eating a bacon sandwich and ask:' I know you guys are all on wellfare but does anyone happen to know where the temp agency is?'

Walk into the old bikerbar with a proud to be gay shirt and say: ' Oh damn! it's leathernight?! can I still come in despite the dresscode?'

Walk up to scary looking people and ask them if they know where main street is.
    When they say they dont know explain them how to get there.

in short: be an asshole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2011 10:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Krav Maga as such is not my thing, but one could do worse than training with Branimir: yellow bamboo, systema, krotty being the foremost of them.

Posted On:
    1/28/2011 10:03am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NO.
    I am right, you are wrong.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2011 10:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    NO.
    I am right, you are wrong.
    a. You're being obstinate, hence you are wrong
    b. It's my work to be right, I am busy working right now, so I am right. :profe:

If you refuse to see this, you're either a. or on a level that's just a bit too difficult for you. That's not bad, and you shouldn't feel ashamed of yourself. Actually, attending a discussion on a lower level would be great for you, as nothing is so frustrating as always working hard, but never getting good results. :toothy9:

Posted On:
    1/28/2011 10:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Krav Maga as such is not my thing, but one could do worse than training with Branimir: yellow bamboo, systema, krotty being the foremost of them.
    You could do worse than shoving a pineapple up your arse, you could shove Lebell up there.

Doesn't mean shoving a pineapple up your arse is a good thing to do though.
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast