pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 3:33pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DubhGhaill View Post
    I haven't got that book yet, but I've heard good things about it.
    I thought Arwrology was a pretty awesome book in my collection of old military manuals. The knife section is interesting, because its different than most other WW2 era manuals on the subject.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 4:02pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I thought Arwrology was a pretty awesome book in my collection of old military manuals. The knife section is interesting, because its different than most other WW2 era manuals on the subject.
    There is alot of interesting stuff in the Arwrology manual. Do you have an original or the Paladin reprint? Only difference seems to be the back dustjacket info that is on the original.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 6:53pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin View Post
    There is alot of interesting stuff in the Arwrology manual. Do you have an original or the Paladin reprint? Only difference seems to be the back dustjacket info that is on the original.
    I think it's a Paladin reprint, in PDF form.

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 4:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The core of the maneuvers taught in Underwood's Combato and Fairbairn's Get Tough are still present in most western combatives systems today. The polcie combatives courses I've taken all hae strong elements from these systems in them. I would say that Comabto/Defendo/Defendu is a suite of styles that were born at roughly teh same time in a few different places, which have since melded and grown into the various present-day North American and British military and police CQC systems.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 7:30pm

Style: Escrima, JKD, Iaido, LINE

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I learnt some of it as; All In Fighting or Gutter Fighting, though I'm finding mixed resources online concerning if it is the same thing/different name so I'm a little confused.
    I'm referring to the Fairbairn-Sykes methods.
    Some of these I learnt from my Grandad, others from the books of which I have two.

As a side line, if anyone wants a laugh try and get hold of a copy of; Silent Killing - Nazi counters to Fairbairn-Sykes Techniques. It is quite literally the most pointless thing I've ever seen.
    I wonder how/why these Nazi methods were created but I knew better than that in combat before I ever even began training...age 6.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345