3/06/2004 12:04am

supporting member
     Style: yes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Interesting....

From: Khun Kao Charuad | Posted: 3/6/2004 3:27:33 AM | Message Detail
    To all who care....

Tomorrow night (Saturday, March 6th) I will be competing in my first Muay Thai match in TEN YEARS!!!!

The event is "King of the Ring VIII" in Virginia Beach, VA. I will be competing against Glen Spencer, JR of Raleigh, NC. We are meeting at 180lbs in an amateur contest (3x two-minute rounds).

This is going to be a huge test for me. There's a lot riding on the line here. I am a former Muay Thai champion, but as stated, that was TEN YEARS AGO! When all is said and done, it doesn't count anymore.

Almost all of my coaches, past & present, will be attending the fights. A large number of my training partners from over the years, and a large percentage of my current students. Plus my wife and her family are coming (my family wisely opts to stay away from my fights, LOL)

The bottom line is that I cannot AFFORD to lose! I have way too much to prove to coaches, my students, my friends & family, and myself.

It is time once again for me to don the robes of a Muay Thai prophet, preaching the gospel of the TOMAHAWK KNEE STRIKE! CLINCH KNEES ARE SOOOOO MONEY! (Sport Junkies reference, either you get it or you don't)

Wish me luck! I intend to be posting good news early this next week!

Oh, and by the way, Djimbe and Tigerfly will be there in person to cheer me on and make arrangements for Djimbe's MMA match in the next event, King of the Ring IX....(they've already got an opponent lined up for him, I understand)

---
    Kru Brooks C. Miller
    "Khun Kao Charuad"
    One Spirit Muay Thai Team
    khun.kao@verizon.net

One Spirit Martial Arts
    "Combat Training Center"
    295 Sunset Park Drive
    Herndon, VA
    703-796-5508
    http://www.onespiritmartialarts.com/
    source: http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=12973727
    Now or never.

shadow weight

Posted On:
    3/06/2004 12:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ps: you may remember Khun Kao Charuad from the on-line Muay Thai book.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ghlight=forums

He indicated another person pulled it together but it is his work. Best of luck to him on Saturday.
    Now or never.

shadow weight

Posted On:
    3/06/2004 12:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    King of the Ring Website:

http://www.kingofthering.org/
    Now or never.

Posted On:
    3/06/2004 12:11am

hall of fame
     Style: jits with hits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My entire body is quivering in anticipation.
    "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
    West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
    (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2004 12:35am

Style: Delusional Idiocy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah thats interesting

Posted On:
    3/06/2004 10:21am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Will Djimbe be fighting some type of gorilla?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    3/06/2004 4:00pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See vitor belfor VS john hess for comparison.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    3/07/2004 4:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "From: Khun Kao Charuad | Posted: 3/7/2004 12:08:38 PM | Message Detail
    Hi everyone, I'm back from the event....

Unfortunately, last night just wasn't my night. I lost a very close fight to my opponent, Glen. He simply fought a smarter fight than I did. Good lateral movement was the key to his victory. He never stood still so I was unable to lined up to land a solid kick, and my Push Kicks can be quite devastating (or so I'm told, anyway).

I did give all in attendance a demonstration of Muay Thai clinchwork. My opponent, Glen, is actually known for his good clinchwork as well, but I was the dominant fighter at that range.

Unfortunately, he dominated me in the punching and kicking ranges. What can I say? Ten years is a whole f'ing LOT of ring-rust to try and shake off. I just wasn't able to get it done this time.

However, everyone I've spoken to regarding the match was impressed with both of our performances. We fought a very clean and technical match. We both gave it our all. Up until the final fight of the evening, everyone was saying that Glen and I's match was the most exciting match of the evening....

BUT

Then the girls fought.

Wow. OH WOW!!!! WHAT A MATCH!!!!!!!!

Nichole Hess of the Mi-Ki-Do Team (local to me, actually in Alexandria, VA) completely whipped her oppoents ________ (fill in black with your preferred profanity, LOL)

Team Mi-Ki-Do are pretty good acquaintances of ours. We sometimes get together to train and spar. They are predominantly a full-contact kickboxing team (American-style kickboxing: boxing and kicks only, all strikes above the waist), but they cross-train with a little Muay Thai.

Wow! Great boxing, kicks, knees... Nichole caught her opponent about FOUR times in the head with spinning heel kicks!!! I think she busted the girls nose, cause that sure was a lot of blood!!!

Don't get me wrong, the other girl was a good fighter, I'm not knocking her, but Nichole was just WAY BETTER STILL!

On the social side of the evening, I got to hang out with "Djimbe" Jim and "Tigerfly" Gina Wilson. They are really great people. Very pleasant and fun to hang out with. They both really enjoyed the event, and got to meet with the promoters and sanctioning body about scheduling a match at a future event (possibly in May).

Go to: www.kingofthering.org for info on the next coming event!

Gina called me today to tell me that Jim and I are no longer allowed to play together. Apparantely, Jim started using Gina for Muay Thai target practice later in the evening.... LOL

Thanks everyone!!!!

---
    Khun Kao "
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

shadow weight

Posted On:
    3/07/2004 8:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, greese1!! Was just gonna drop that update.

Djimbe. May. Possible MMA match. Stay tuned.
    Now or never.

shadow weight

Posted On:
    4/21/2004 4:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey... just fyi I called the promoter for fun (listed at the kingofthering.org website).

He indicated that YES there is a Jim Wilson (djimbe) scheduled to fight a MMA match on May 08, 2004.

However he also mentioned that he had been notified Jim has been fighting a bout of pneumonia thus his attendance is tentative.
    Now or never.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast