Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/21/2010 12:35am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The phone number for MVP martial arts is also the phone number for a church.

http://www.mvpministries.us/

MVP Ministries is run by the "Chief instructor" of MVP martial arts, Leonard Poole, who also seems to be the person actually running the school teaching Golden's Dance Of Death, or whatever. Leonard Poole is a resident of New Jersey, which is where Golden used to have an address at.

It seems like Leonard may think he was "trained" by Eric at some point and is now passing Eric's fighting system on. Or maybe they were just partners-in-McDojo and he's borrowing Golden's name to teach his stuff.

Also, this is where Golden seems to be teaching now, I think this is where Carl got his list of accomplishments from, but he didn't post the link so here it is: http://www.eliteeip.com/

I'm not sure if this actually helps or anything, but maybe something to think about.

update:
    Previous bullshido clowning, unfortunately the site is down:
    Do you want karate? - Burglar falls to karate expert. MMA Expert? - No BS MMA and Martial Arts
    Last edited by CarotidCrank; 12/21/2010 12:49am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2010 12:57am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, sorry I didn't post the link.

Here is his picture though:

I take it this is him in his ninjitsu outfit?

Posted On:
    12/21/2010 6:32am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He apparently offers extensive LE training as well. To Include SWAT, Firearms, K9 and more...

http://www.eliteeip.com/html/m_p_training.html

SWAT team training

All levels of SWAT team training.
    Call for prerequisites.
    Our program is internationally known and has produced the current World Swat Champions. It is taught by qualified current SWAT officers and trainers with a combined experience of thousands of SWAT operations.
    Firearms Training

Tactical Pistol
    Pistol Instructor
    Tactical Submachine gun
    Submachine gun Instructor
    Patrol Rifle
    Rifle Instructor
    Basic Sniper
    Advanced Sniper
    Special Sniper

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2010 9:38am

Style: Ju-Jitsu/BJJ/Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would be very surprised if he was actually getting paid to teach a military unit. Keep in mind that guys like this who have ONE military student, or in some cases prior-military, then make the claim that they teach military personnel.

Hell, I've been teaching military personnel, including Special Forces troops, for YEARS. In some cases, they were my WORST students because of "know-it-all" syndrome, and regularly had their asses handed to them by a bad-ass soccer mom or a chinless CPA! With that said, I have to say that some of the best classes I taught were military units. But I digress. I will say over and over again, it doesn't mean a DAMN THING to teach military personnel. It doesn't make an instructor special or unique, or better than the next guy. I will repeat this as often as necessary, and I dare any of these guys to argue with me about it.

Jeff Cook
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00796.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	11455  

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/21/2010 10:59am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do these people seem to spend more time talking and explaining THEMSELVES than showing those supposed "simple and effective" techniques and spend less time talking bullshit and more time training.

The most apparent thing I noticed in that video clip was the lack of the weaponry which would normally be associated with the other equipment being worn. Regardless of the situation, if you normally carry a rifle, and that rifle is slung on you, it's going to get in the fucking way when you switch to your hands, unless of course it's part of the technique to move it out the way.

Redundant weaponry (jammed or no ammo) are still useful tools in close quarters so I'm at a loss to understand why someone would teach Military personnel wearing body armour and kevlar without them additionally carrying the very weapons systems they'd normally have with them.

If the retort to that question, from someone teaching this stuff was "for safety" I'd instantly call bullshit on them.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    12/21/2010 1:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I'm stumped is how the hell one has a black belt in archery or boxing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2010 1:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bah Humbug View Post
    Why do these people seem to spend more time talking and explaining THEMSELVES than showing those supposed "simple and effective" techniques and spend less time talking bullshit and more time training.

The most apparent thing I noticed in that video clip was the lack of the weaponry which would normally be associated with the other equipment being worn. Regardless of the situation, if you normally carry a rifle, and that rifle is slung on you, it's going to get in the fucking way when you switch to your hands, unless of course it's part of the technique to move it out the way.

Redundant weaponry (jammed or no ammo) are still useful tools in close quarters so I'm at a loss to understand why someone would teach Military personnel wearing body armour and kevlar without them additionally carrying the very weapons systems they'd normally have with them.

If the retort to that question, from someone teaching this stuff was "for safety" I'd instantly call bullshit on them.
    During the beginning of the "crawl" phase it would be silly to wear IBA, ACH, and toting an M4. During the "walk" and "run" phase it is essential.

Jeff Cook

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2010 7:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just wanted to add that the newest FM 3-25.150 - the one only being issued to Level 4 MACP instructors (supposedly), with a "distribution restriction" - includes a LOT of training with weapons (Chapter 6). It makes a distinction between standing grappling and ground grappling. It goes into detail on how to utilize your rifle as a bludgeon (with bayonet work as well), how to grapple for your own weapon(s) and the enemy's weapon(s), etc.

I would appreciate it if none of you email me asking me for a copy of this manual. If you want a copy of the older MACP manual or a copy of the MCMAP manual, go to my website and download it: http://www.wabujitsu.com/combatives.htm I also include a link on that page to an "Intro to MACP" video. It's a little old, and I disagree with the execution of some of the BJJ techniques (Matt and I had some discussions on that a few years back ;-) ) but the program has developed A LOT since that video was made.

Jeff Cook

Posted On:
    12/21/2010 8:13pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    I just wanted to add that the newest FM 3-25.150 - the one only being issued to Level 4 MACP instructors (supposedly), with a "distribution restriction" - includes a LOT of training with weapons (Chapter 6). It makes a distinction between standing grappling and ground grappling.
    "For Official Use Only?"

I can't imagine what would be classified about punching and manhandling. This will cause much puffery on the internet about "the secret techniques" of MACP.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2010 8:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree, I think it is pretty damn silly too. Ok, I guess ridiculous is not too strong of a word. ;-) There is nothing in there that would compromise us to the enemy, in my opinion. I also think it is ridiculous that they won't release it to everyone in the Army (they will only send it to Level 4 instructors, according to the email I received from Ft. Benning); I mean, after all, MACP is MANDATORY training!!!

Jeff Cook
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast