Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2013 2:55pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by giftedamateur View Post
    So again, I really don't care about the paperwork- I care about what I'm being taught and the principles and honor that are being upheld. I've had the opportunity to be in the company of a few highly ranked and well-known martial artists, and while their skills may be beyond reproach, I do not care for them as people. Those who have let celebrity and money become the most important things and forgotten about honor, and the bogus "Halls Of Fame" are the real problems in martial arts.
    I consider myself a "newbie"...hey, as far as belts go, black is the new white, and it's just a piece of cloth. If my black belt doesn't "track" with anyone, I don't care. I didn't start this journey for trophies and bits of paper. I was seeking knowledge and I'm getting it. Whatever happened in the past is in the past. It's not what I see today.
    How would it "track" with you if you bought a full price gold chain at the jewelry store and you later found it was copper with thin gold plating? What would your wife or GF say if you got her a "diamond" ring that turned out to be CZ? Or we've all heard of people that claim they are sick with cancer so they can defraud people out of charity. They all point to the same thing: inuring unearned benefits to the person perpetrating the fraud.

If this guy has been advertising himself as highly ranked and selling services to military and police, then everyone that's paid taxes to support the agency has been ripped off. No matter how nice a guy he is, he's a fraud. He's used his trophies and bits of paper in furtherance of the fraud. Further, if he gives bad or ineffective instruction to people whose lives are on the line it could have tragic consequences.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/18/2013 3:05pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by giftedamateur View Post
    I care about what I'm being taught and the principles and honor that are being upheld.
    So, it is principled and honorable to lie about your rank and certifications?

Would you go to a doctor who did that?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415