Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 2:31pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, now you guys are confusing me. There are enough links and letters to show that damn near every branch of the military and LEO services contracts to oddballs.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 4:00pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    See, now you guys are confusing me. There are enough links and letters to show that damn near every branch of the military and LEO services contracts to oddballs.
    Usually, it is only for the expensive toilet seats and hammers.
    http://membership.cagw.org/site/Page...etinv_gotwaste
    This reminds me of the Kellogg Brown & Root (Halliburton) open-end, no-bid contract for support of our missions in Bosnia and Kosovo.

Soldiers are trained and equipped to do certain jobs. The Army outsources pretty much everything now days.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 4:12pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    Usually, it is only for the expensive toilet seats and hammers.
    http://membership.cagw.org/site/Page...etinv_gotwaste
    You are EXTREMELY lucky we are in MABS. This is quite silly and missing my point.

This reminds me of the Kellogg Brown & Root (Halliburton) open-end, no-bid contract for support of our missions in Bosnia and Kosovo.

Soldiers are trained and equipped to do certain jobs. The Army outsources pretty much everything now days.
    No, it isn't about "nowadays." I'll be clearer, I am surprised at your indignation because this has been going on for DECADES.

You need names?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 5:04pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    /asplode

That's it.

I'm selling out.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 5:16pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    /asplode

That's it.

I'm selling out.
    No, you also miss the point.

Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc
    The whole thing puzzles me.
    We've seen this on the website for the 7 years I've been posting. Heck there is a dude, who shall remain nameless, who we have both repped that had a contract. I'm confused because he is typing like this has NEVER HAPPENED and it is the first he has heard of this issue. Maybe it has been cleaned up, in the years he served, but it's existed for decades.

Be indignant, but it is weird to be shocked like it is a new thing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 5:17pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I agree, totally!! I have only experienced this on a small scale. My department is fairly good at doing peer review and backgrounds on their outsourced instructors. I have, however known a few that see the shiny toy and have to have it. I have never personally seen the buddy-buddy training bids, like I suspect is happening here.

How hard will it be to do a FOIA on Mr. Golden's military records. I would be glad to do it, I just need a little help.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 5:27pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexJohn View Post
    I agree, totally!! I have only experienced this on a small scale. My department is fairly good at doing peer review and backgrounds on their outsourced instructors. I have, however known a few that see the shiny toy and have to have it. I have never personally seen the buddy-buddy training bids, like I suspect is happening here.

How hard will it be to do a FOIA on Mr. Golden's military records. I would be glad to do it, I just need a little help.
    Thanks, at least you understood what I meant. Nowhere have I said not to go after the guy. I guess I'm so used to this crap that I'm shocked at slamduncs reaction of "usually."

I think this falls under "how do prove" and "hide from embarrassment" government waste.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 5:51pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know all of the underlying bullshit...but this is why our department has a peer review and background research policy on outsourcing trainers. I have the pleasure to be on the committee for this stuff. It's mainly CYA ****, but it's a good way to get rid of "good ol' boy" and "shiny toy syndrome." Its kind of like MABS, for the department. Its how we got our defensive tactics training, sniper school, and driving school.

I genuinely feel that **** ups like this aren't malicious in its inception, but more of the wrong guy making the wrong decisions....hence a contract for Eric Golden, Frank Dux, Luke Holloway, etc...

Do you think that the contract is a formality of sorts? Meaning, one guy says that we want you to be the trainer of our new "special sniper" and dirty street kung-do-judo classes, but you have to become a contractor. I am truly ignorant to this whole thing.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 5:59pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly, I think it was more of a reference letter back in the day. Eventually, as most things, it went wildly out of control because of no peer review and lack of knowledge. Black Belt still means something huge, no matter the art, outside of bullshido in 2012. I know it was instant FEAR when I was growing up.

Now, imagine all of those adults thinking the same thing and being in a position to hire Hollowayes and Duxes.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    10/15/2012 3:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    I translated the Hangul on Mr. Golden's Hwa Rang Federation certificate. It has been cut & pasted from a Mudeokgwan certificate. The Mudeokgwan is not associated with any Hwa Rang organization, nor does it teach Gwongyeokdo. Mr. Eric Golden is making ranking claims that are not truthful.
    I don't think the Hwarang Org is related to the WHRDA. What strikes me odd is that is only sayl Moodukkwan not Moodukkwan Tangsoodo or Moodukkwan Taekwondo. Next thing I find odd, if I read that certificate correctly, is that it is a Gup certificate. The second line, second string of characters say "Gup ul" or "Gup un" can't see it the last character clearly to tell. That space between the first string of characters and the second string of characters is where they are supposed to put the rank number, which leads me to believe it is a Gup cert.
    Last edited by Miguksaram; 10/15/2012 3:16pm at .
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!