Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2012 5:57pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's the contract:
    https://www.gsaadvantage.gov/ref_tex...08UPRICELIST.P

I stand corrected, his company is the total solution for Military and Law Enforcement training and Risk Management.

Here's the general:
    http://www.vsb.org/docs/valawyermaga...l1009_book.pdf

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 1:23am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexJohn View Post
    Here's the contract:
    https://www.gsaadvantage.gov/ref_tex...08UPRICELIST.P

I stand corrected, his company is the total solution for Military and Law Enforcement training and Risk Management.

Here's the general:
    http://www.vsb.org/docs/valawyermaga...l1009_book.pdf
    The link to the contract didn't work, but I went to his web page and viewed some of his references. I still cannot get past that huge gut; it just diminishes any credibility he may otherwise have. It is hard to take someone serious when they have a John Candy physique and a Frank Dux belt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 8:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 9:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting. So, unlike Milt Wallace, Eric Golden actually does have a contract with the US government.

A few things I find interesting with this contract:
    1) it does not specify who awarded the contract. I'd have to see the RFP (request for proposal) or IFB (invitation for bid) that this contract was awarded under to better understand who this contract is designed to serve.
    2) it is a schedule contract, meaning that any agency with funds authorized for this use can order off of it. I find this surprising given the range of courses offered (sniper training?) that are usually conducted in house by the military and law enforcement community.
    3) he is listed as a small business but offers services globally. Seems like a pretty big commitment to have to meet for a small business. If, for example, a US embassy security team in Indonesia were to order off of this contract, would he really be able to fly out their to train them within the constraints of the prices listed on the schedule?

Given the level of fraud that TexJohn has uncovered with regards to Golden's credentials, I wonder what information Golden provided the GSA when he responded to IFB/RFP?

Anyone familiar enough with GSA to know how to determine who, if anyone, has ordered off of this contract?

(P.S. I used to work for the State of Texas' equivalent to the GSA in this program, so find this interesting from a contract management perspective. One of the duties I had as Vendor Performance Coordinator was to investigate vendor performance issues and make recommendations for debarment for particularly bad vendors.)
    Last edited by TEA; 10/11/2012 9:48am at . Reason: post script
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 9:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA View Post
    Interesting. So, unlike Milt Wallace, Eric Golden actually does have a contract with the US government.
    All of your points are correct. He basically has approval from the GSA to be a vendor of these ELITE training courses at his stated prices. You brought up an interesting point about his having to travel to some third-world country to train personnel. I wonder if he can sub-contract to a local vendor if he actually had a taker.

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 9:30pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P3-1491858331.html

WESTHAMPTON BEACH, N.Y., June 9 -- The U.S. Army has awarded a $22,500 contract to Extreme International Power Inc., Burlington, N.J., for defensive combative training.

The contract was awarded by the U.S. Army's National Guard Bureau, Westhampton Beach, N.Y.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2012 10:01pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dare I say....government waste???

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 4:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P3-1491858331.html
    WESTHAMPTON BEACH, N.Y., June 9 -- The U.S. Army has awarded a $22,500 contract to Extreme International Power Inc., Burlington, N.J., for defensive combative training.

The contract was awarded by the U.S. Army's National Guard Bureau, Westhampton Beach, N.Y.
    Dare I say....government waste???
    Yeah, that NG unit could have sent two or three soldiers to Ft. Benning for two weeks, and had Level 2 MACP trainers in-house for years. They would only be out the cost of transportation, per diem and would have a proven, consistent system.

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 12:26pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see Gen Robinson commanded the 98th Division that (back in my day at least) has a heavy presence at Ft. Dix NJ. And lo and behold on Mr. Golden's resume:

http://www.eliteeip.com/html/master_golden.html

Military: U.S. Army 11-B, 95-B, Range Instructor Fort Dix, NJ. Attached to 2nd / 58th, 50th MECH, 42nd ID, 1ST / 114TH, 10 79th Garrison Support Unit MP
    And a number of the military photographs on his website appear to be Ft. Dix as I remember it (although they all look the same at times), then there are all the NJ based instructors he lists.

Me thinks that there may have been a little bit of wheel greasing going on with this contract.

No proof..just a gut feeling, and not implying any illegality, that's how the world works and we all know it; but I wouldn't ascribe any validity to whats being taught simply based on a GSA contract.
    Last edited by tgace; 10/12/2012 12:35pm at .

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    10/12/2012 2:24pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    I wouldn't ascribe any validity to whats being taught simply based on a GSA contract.
    The whole thing puzzles me. Generally, the Army doesn't use contractors for combatives, yet here it is in black and white. The contract basically approves Golden as a vendor of several ELITE courses.

My question would be did any other commanders actually sign up. I went through O-CAT instructor (O.C. Pepper) training while on active duty. The resident MP unit had a civilian (master) instructor for that training and they had about twenty open seats for the training.

The trainer certified us to actually teach the four-hour class from that point on. It wasn't ELITE by any means, but I do understand the vendor / trainer concept.

I wonder where General Robinson got his black belt. There may be some dots here that need connecting LOL.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast