Style: 
    mma /boxing/muai thai

Posted On:
    5/06/2011 1:07pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    quote from byoonxk2

I would not attack a boxer. Makes no sense. When he enters for a strike, I would close the gap. Deliver a stop-kick to his forward knee, inside or outside, whatever is present, along with a fist to the face. Now, I'm not a violent person. I actually do prefer avoiding conflict (like in these posts), but when push comes to shove, I stab, so force must be applied.

Ok lets say that works. you have won one exchange. then what.

Featherweight

Style: 
    Wing Tsun

Posted On:
    5/06/2011 1:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm a realist. ive always naturally closed the gap. snake my hands in. attack the the voicebox. hands to chin and crown. twist and use footwork to take his balance. on the ground, anything is available.....armbar, ground and pound, or simple stomping.
    however, thats just waiting for the police to arrive. i would stomp the face, gut, groin or ankle and disappear.

thats just me though.

what would you guys do?
    Last edited by byoonxk2; 5/06/2011 1:58pm at .

Style: 
    5x5, 5.56mm

Posted On:
    5/06/2011 2:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by byoonxk2 View Post
    i'm a realist. ive always naturally closed the gap. snake my hands in. attack the the voicebox. hands to chin and crown. twist and use footwork to take his balance. on the ground, anything is available.....armbar, ground and pound, or simple stomping.
    however, thats just waiting for the police to arrive. i would stomp the face, gut, groin or ankle and disappear.

thats just me though.

what would you guys do?
    You've never fought a boxer with the chun have you. I have and none of that tat you spouted would work.

In fact, the way you're quoting WC theory coolaid I'd bet you've never had a real fight at all.

Administrator

Style: 
    xingyi

Posted On:
    5/06/2011 3:15pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

thats just me though.

what would you guys do?
    Instead of trolling various video threads go do it. Find out if there is a Throwdown meet in your area and show everyone what you would do.

Featherweight

Style: 
    Wing Tsun

Posted On:
    5/06/2011 3:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    actually,
    and I am not proud, but not ashamed...
    i've been in lotsa of fights.

One with a boxer in NY's East Village. stop kicks works fine. but there was no takedown. two hits to the chin and throat with a kick to the inside knee stopped him from advancing.

Plenty on the subway....scuffles really, not fights.

one big guy with glasses approached me. i told him "don't touch me" and he jabbed me with his finger. so i open palmed the hinge of his glasses against his forehead. and he ran away.

one guy tried to kick me, and i stop kicked his kick.

one guy had me in the mount on the train platform, really strong grip, but i bucked him up, and slid through his legs. i am going to guess he wasn't very good, and he would not release, so he ended up rolling over along the ground. my thought was to push him into the tracks, but i'd be in jail for sure....

One with a state trooper. that was just a brawl, and a hook to the head stopped him.

One with a weight lifter in a computer internet room. he swung a hook, I closed, one hand on the back of the head, the other hand on his face, fingers in the eye sockets. Didn't squeeze, but I dfeinitely let him know that's where I intended to be.

Another on an escalator. Young guy grabbed me from behind after some sharp words. I pulled him down, again, fingers in eyes and pushed.

One. i didn't even fight the guy. i had my back to a wall, put my foot on his hip, and let him swing away, but he could never reach. I was with a friend and did not want to get physical in front of them.

the last guy shouldered me from behind as he was commuting. I grabbed him and pushed him against the wall. He said "do you want to go to jail?" I said "did you want to go to the hospital?" i released we gauged the distance, and as i walked in, my face met a quick jab. Immediately, my blood boiled, i put up my guard and began to stalk him thinking to throw him in the train tracks (we have elevated platforms), and then realized that I was really getting too old for this and i did not want to keep revisiting jail, so i put my hands down, and we separated.

Atfer those....i figured, it's not worth it to get involved if there is a non-violent way out.

I count a win as persuading an attacker to stop his attack.

After all, in real life, there are no refs. no bells.

and, it's true. i didn't use wing chun in most of those fights.
    i chose to study wing chun/tsun because I am lazy.

I looked at BJJ and i hated the running around and rolling and exertion of energy. I thought it wasteful, though the technique is beneficial. I wasn't looking for sport competition.

I looked at boxing, and didn't like the natural weakness of stance.

I looked at Traditional chinese MA and i didn't like the forms.
    I took TKD as a teen and didn't like the reliance on legs and physical fitness you needed to maintain.

so i came across __in __un. it fit the needs for my lazy ass - less physical exertion in theory. it fit my natural inclination to get up close and personal.

and it gave me the opportunity to apply my learnings in a semi-safe environment.

In a fight, who knows. I'll roundhouse a head if the opportunity is there, or rear naked a guy if the opportunity is there.

As for study. heck, wing chun is fun, keeps me occupied, and straightforward.
    Last edited by byoonxk2; 5/06/2011 3:48pm at .

Administrator

Style: 
    xingyi

Posted On:
    5/06/2011 7:00pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rip: You're just abusive. I spent hours reading these forums, and every one that you are on, you have nothing positive to say about anything. it just advertises you as closed-minded and stubborn. You're rantings actually give me a headache. Words give off impressions, and yours make me think of a teenage kid who cannot see past his feelings to put together coherent thought.
    Coming from a the troll doing everything he is complaining about...? So far, you have postured, ranted, been inharmonious, passive aggressive, a braggart, lacking in balance, lacking coherency, had butt-hurt feelings, resorted to name calling, and did everything except answer a simple question.

Wow a teenager yourself.

Also, you are the guy who "spent hours reading," but can't figure out my username.
    Bruce lee didn't go around disparaging people. Matter of fact, Opposite. he spoke highly of everyone. He created instead of destroying.
    Hahahaha spoken like someone who only read the Tao of Bruce Lee. BL deserves respect for being human not the god douche-bags like you turned him into. Yes, there are enough people that trained with him that have noted he was occasionally arrogant and said some nasty things in his day.

It's so easy to demolish. hard to create. so my question to you "gents" is....why take the easy road?
    Tell us, oh purveyor of Hypocrisy, how you do it so well yourself?

And anyone with any sense knows boxers can do less if their legs are attacked - properly.
    Yep, that's the passive aggressive insult that started it all.

Light Heavyweight

Style: 
    BJJ, Wing Chun

Posted On:
    5/07/2011 8:43am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    actually,

One with a boxer in NY's East Village. stop kicks works fine. but there was no takedown. two hits to the chin and throat with a kick to the inside knee stopped him from advancing.

one big guy with glasses approached me. i told him "don't touch me" and he jabbed me with his finger. so i open palmed the hinge of his glasses against his forehead. and he ran away.

one guy had me in the mount on the train platform, really strong grip, but i bucked him up, and slid through his legs. i am going to guess he wasn't very good, and he would not release, so he ended up rolling over along the ground. my thought was to push him into the tracks, but i'd be in jail for sure....

One with a state trooper. that was just a brawl, and a hook to the head stopped him.

One with a weight lifter in a computer internet room. he swung a hook, I closed, one hand on the back of the head, the other hand on his face, fingers in the eye sockets. Didn't squeeze, but I dfeinitely let him know that's where I intended to be.

Another on an escalator. Young guy grabbed me from behind after some sharp words. I pulled him down, again, fingers in eyes and pushed.

One. i didn't even fight the guy. i had my back to a wall, put my foot on his hip, and let him swing away, but he could never reach. I was with a friend and did not want to get physical in front of them.

the last guy shouldered me from behind as he was commuting. I grabbed him and pushed him against the wall. He said "do you want to go to jail?" I said "did you want to go to the hospital?" i released we gauged the distance, and as i walked in, my face met a quick jab. Immediately, my blood boiled, i put up my guard and began to stalk him thinking to throw him in the train tracks (we have elevated platforms), and then realized that I was really getting too old for this and i did not want to keep revisiting jail, so i put my hands down, and we separated.

Atfer those....i figured, it's not worth it to get involved if there is a non-violent way out.

I looked at BJJ and i hated the running around and rolling and exertion of energy. I thought it wasteful, though the technique is beneficial. I wasn't looking for sport competition.

I took TKD as a teen and didn't like the reliance on legs and physical fitness you needed to maintain.

so i came across __in __un. it fit the needs for my lazy ass - less physical exertion in theory. it fit my natural inclination to get up close and personal.

and it gave me the opportunity to apply my learnings in a semi-safe environment.

In a fight, who knows. I'll roundhouse a head if the opportunity is there, or rear naked a guy if the opportunity is there.

LOL. None of this sounds real and you have zero credibility. You don't sound like a person who has been in many fights.

Administrator

Style: 
    xingyi

Posted On:
    5/07/2011 9:01am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can we ever get a troll who can hold his wad longer than 20 posts?

Style: 
    Bjj

Posted On:
    5/07/2011 10:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice to see the Chun hasnt changed much while I've been away!

Administrator

Style: 
    xingyi

Posted On:
    5/07/2011 10:36am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    actually,

Good thing we have a time out function. What else would you have added to this post? Yes, I guess I have to go back to quoting an entire post.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast