Page 2 of 2 First 12
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by anthracite View Post
    Anyone have other decompression "home" stretches?
    I "dangle" from my door-frame-pull-up-bar-thing after my morning run and after 2+ hours of compu-sitting; it seems to really help my lower back and I feel like it straightens out my posture a bit but I get almost no help for the upper-back/neck area. I might have to try your neck-knee-hang though a mild fear of chocking or wanting to start auto-erotic asphyxiation afterwards might hold me back for some time.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did jiu jitsu for the first time in a year today.

Back seems to be holding up. The rest of me is pretty sore but 12 minutes of rolling actually loosened me up.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have two herniated disks, and the doc said it wasn't bad enough for surgery. I figured out my own pt regimen, which included dropping weights for a while and cobras and press ups, and some core work. A couple of years later I'm back lifting weights, but being very careful. If I feel any twinges or sciatica return I back off weights and institute more mobility work. So far so good. I hadn't heard the non-twisting advice yet, but I've only recently been doing any twisting. I guess I need to be careful with my torso twists...

On the decompression, I've heard some friends who do it and swear by it. I don't have the money to try it.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Decompression is not cheap, I think I spent about $1600 on it, I also bought a thick memory foam bed cover and I sleep better and i think that's helping a lot as well.

Page 2 of 2 First 12