Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/19/2010 2:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    It is where I first saw Muay Thai though, so it will always have a special place in my heart.
    Used to have decent coverage of international Judo as well.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    12/19/2010 4:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Used to have decent coverage of international Judo as well.
    I'm going to have to admit that I used to think Judo was really lame - just a bunch of guys in pyjamas shoving each other, and not even hitting each other.

Muay Thai on the other hand, oh boy. There was Sagat only he was real, and there was two of him, and the Stagats were absolutely kicking the **** out of each other. Like they'd start off with some fairly tame kicking and punching but then all of a sudden they'd be grabbing each other and throwing mad knees and elbows and **** and this one time I saw this guy get elbowed in the face and there was blood everywhere but he kept fucking going likenothinghappenedandelbowedtheotherguyrightbavka ndHOLYSHITITWASREAL!!111 NOT A VIDEOGAME NOT A MOVIE. FUCKING REAL!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2010 7:55pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglybugly View Post
    YouTube - Bas Rutten - The lighter side of martial art

I was watching the video above. Bas Rutten and some other guy is making a humor show about how crappy some martial art are. That's how I see it anyway. at 7.47 in this clip the commentator starts talking about that this demonstration shows that there are no good or bad martial arts.

Here we have two trolling gentlemen making an absolute mockery of certain martial arts and aspects of martial arts and this commentator says "as you can see from the martial art demonstration there is no good or bad martial art. It is up to you find the best martial art which suits you"

Pretty Please tell me my ears are malfunctioning! because this **** qualify for a 6 on Richter's scale of stupidity!
    Your ears and brains are malfunctioning. From the clip you should have been able to tell that there were several MA demonstrations held that day and Bas Rutten's was the final one. In addition to that Bas Rutten did not really single out one martial art, he poked fun at a lot of martial arts.

Considering there were several demonstrations of a variety of martial arts, it would seem very appropriate that he would finish his commentary with that statement.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2010 9:27pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by superninjagod View Post
    Your ears and brains are malfunctioning. From the clip you should have been able to tell that there were several MA demonstrations held that day and Bas Rutten's was the final one. In addition to that Bas Rutten did not really single out one martial art, he poked fun at a lot of martial arts.

Considering there were several demonstrations of a variety of martial arts, it would seem very appropriate that he would finish his commentary with that statement.
    Appropriate but very stupid considering that two trolling gentleman made a sucessful mockery of most of the martial arts represented there that day.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2010 12:23am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglybugly View Post
    Appropriate but very stupid considering that two trolling gentleman made a sucessful mockery of most of the martial arts represented there that day.
    Of course it stupid. But he is in no position to make commentary on which martial arts style was superior and which ones sucked. Who even knows what the MA background of the sports caster was. Additionally I'm sure he would have been fired for making any "non stupid" comments

Also if Bas made fun of every MA that day, what else is the sports caster suppose to say. Its like that old joke, "You can't be a racist if you hate everyone equally"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12