233364 Bullies, 3789 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 53
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. JudoA is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    242

    Posted On:
    12/20/2010 8:25pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    That Spanish video is a promotional vid from the Keysi Fighting Method folks.
    I don't get the posting videos of stuff that isn't him. Why not have all the videos showing himself teaching, and showing his students learning instead? Let's look at the ArnisX video:

    http://www.blackbeltleadersonline.co...rriorx/arnis-x

    He claims to teach a fillipino martial art too? I can't find any qualifications on the webpage about him. http://www.blackbeltleadersonline.co...master-lowndes

    Also who are these world champions he claims to have trained?

    And so this isn't too MABS, note the addition of an "X" after every martial art name to make it more XTREME. Bet if I changed my name to JudoX you guys would be **** scared and think I was super cool and XTREME :glasses10
  2. CharlieWoopAss2 is offline
    CharlieWoopAss2's Avatar

    The Third Man

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    501

    Posted On:
    12/20/2010 8:32pm


     Style: Isshin-Ryu Karate,JKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAd MMAx View Post
    I don't know about you guys but, I'm hooked. Those conga skills could come in real handy when I have to stomp the yard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    A warrior is not just a person who fights. A true warrior is a scholar, artist, philosopher, fierece combatant, child molester and a spiritual / wise person.
  3. JudoA is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    242

    Posted On:
    12/20/2010 8:38pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieWoopAss2 View Post
    I don't know about you guys but, I'm hooked. Those conga skills could come in real handy when I have to stomp the yard.
    They don't practice it against resisting opponents though it's all compliant :toothy5:
  4. Hexe is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    168

    Posted On:
    12/20/2010 8:51pm


     Style: SL5,MT, BJJ noob,Chow Gar

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At my next grading, I'm going to demand a blackbelt with drink bottle holsters...rapid and available hydration for hardcore relentless congo line action...
  5. Turrry is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Posts
    226

    Posted On:
    12/20/2010 9:16pm


     Style: BJJ, striking

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoj View Post
    Probably nothing, it's factored into the monthly contract fees, so basically more marketing, "No grading fees", of course thats not true, none of it is free, it's all accounted for somewhere. Fees will offer a discounted rate for family membership, or getting a friend to join, yet more marketing. Gradings are probably typically every 4 months, making a mean time to black belt of say 4 to 5 years, which is somewhat inline with a real dojo, lending it some authenticity.

    Of course to get that number of bodies through you need to serve a large client base, by now the funding company has given you a loan to secure a permament premises, no more school hall, so now you can teach when you like. Change from a kids session and adult session to 2 kids sessions that are shorter, make them age related, make the younger group "Little Dragons", it's cute. Split the adult session from 2 hours into 3 x 45 minute sessions, explain it by making them grade related so they think they are getting more focused lessons for what they need for the next grade, which in a way they are, it is after all just a belt mill.

    Even at this rate the mat will fill up with black belts, but luckily, once people achieve that, the drop off rate is quite high, they feel all pleased they've done it for a while, come to more sessions, but lose motivation eventually and leave.
    This post is GD terrifying. Based on thus scheme it would be much more difficult to discern the legit from the, well, McDojos. You believe a place like this is actually requiring that kind of time to get a black belt? $5 says it's under two years.
  6. CharlieWoopAss2 is offline
    CharlieWoopAss2's Avatar

    The Third Man

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    501

    Posted On:
    12/20/2010 9:23pm


     Style: Isshin-Ryu Karate,JKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudoA View Post
    They don't practice it against resisting opponents though it's all compliant :toothy5:
    Well, my life-long dream of being able to conga someone to death is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    A warrior is not just a person who fights. A true warrior is a scholar, artist, philosopher, fierece combatant, child molester and a spiritual / wise person.
  7. RWaggs is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kenmore, WA
    Posts
    925

    Posted On:
    12/21/2010 12:11am


     Style: KK

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    "Master Lowndes is a Personal Development Coach, Exercise Physiologist Advanced Personal Trainer, World Champion and 6th Degree Black Belt Martial Arts Expert".

    I would like to know where one can get a 6th Degree Black Belt in "Martial Arts Expert".

    Master Lowndes has promoted over 1000 blackbelts in the past 6 years (167 per year on average!) and some of them are world champions, too!

    And he wears a watch in his promo shot, which is a good sign.

    Totally legit. Maybe 2 legit 2 quit.
    I'm not sure I've ever wanted to fight anybody more than right now. Ooh, just to feel this snake oil salesman's nose break under my fist....one THOUSAND PEOPLE out there besmirching the concept of a black belt because of this guy running martial art's answer to the University of Phoenix.
  8. tao.jonez is offline
    tao.jonez's Avatar

    Ninja Fruit

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,055

    Posted On:
    12/21/2010 9:22am


     Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudoA View Post
    Bet if I changed my name to JudoX you guys would be **** scared and think I was super cool and XTREME :glasses10
    Yeah, JudoA is kind of a princess name.
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln



  9. kickboks96 is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1

    Posted On:
    8/28/2012 6:46pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kickboxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    firstly i think most of you are being extremely harsh on this school, i happen to have trained at this school and their are a couple of misunderstandings with some posts. firstly the videos were taken a long time ago. i went to this school over two years ago and couldent recognise the place from the videos. the iinstructor had told me that it would take about 3-4 years to get to a blackbelt level , the head instructor also won wpka kickboxing gold which is a points fighting championship, much like taekwondo. i had a few issues with the school though. in the early stages the classes were extremly repetitive and grading started off easy. the further up the belts i went the more i enjoyed my time at the school as things became alot harder. recently i have been to a differnt school and realised that most of them were like this in ways however in begining grades it was easier. the blackbelts at blackbelt leaders were as good as i have seen so far in any other school by the way and i have been to 2 other schools since.
    another problem with the school is that while they would let you spar it would be structured, one would have a set technique to do and the other had to combat this. very rarely would they let you just freely spar.
    for me to go back to the school i would have to see more free sparring and more mixed up classes things just got to repetive, also harder grading in lower grades up to thier equivelent of green belt
  10. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,235

    Posted On:
    8/28/2012 7:16pm

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickboks96 View Post
    firstly i think most of you are being extremely harsh on this school, i happen to have trained at this school and their are a couple of misunderstandings with some posts. firstly the videos were taken a long time ago. i went to this school over two years ago and couldent recognise the place from the videos. the iinstructor had told me that it would take about 3-4 years to get to a blackbelt level , the head instructor also won wpka kickboxing gold which is a points fighting championship, much like taekwondo. i had a few issues with the school though. in the early stages the classes were extremly repetitive and grading started off easy. the further up the belts i went the more i enjoyed my time at the school as things became alot harder. recently i have been to a differnt school and realised that most of them were like this in ways however in begining grades it was easier. the blackbelts at blackbelt leaders were as good as i have seen so far in any other school by the way and i have been to 2 other schools since.
    another problem with the school is that while they would let you spar it would be structured, one would have a set technique to do and the other had to combat this. very rarely would they let you just freely spar.
    for me to go back to the school i would have to see more free sparring and more mixed up classes things just got to repetive, also harder grading in lower grades up to thier equivelent of green belt
    That is not sparring.

    Also, you have done nothing to convince me that this school doesn't suck.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.