Thread: Hello

Style
    Kali
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello

Hi, new to the site and Martial arts in general. I've been aware of this site for a while (can't recall from where) and used the resources here and elsewhere to determine which Martial Art style I should try and go into. In the end, the resources I was following led me to Pekiti Tirsia Kali. I've only been doing it a few weeks and haven't gotten to the live stuff yet, but even at this point there's a focus on making it 'real.'

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All good bullshido dojos seem to have a way of convincing their students their **** is the "real", and it'll work even with no live application in class. What "live" stuff is coming, and why hasn't it started already?

Style
    HEMA/FMA(Hiatus)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome!

Out of interest, why'd you choose PTK specifically?

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    Kali
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Welcome!

Out of interest, why'd you choose PTK specifically?
    Well, I've been lurking this site off and on for a while now (mostly off) and I saw a sign for a BJJ school that had been recommended here a while back. "Alliance Jiu-Jitsu PA" I believe. Well I investigated and did some research, and while I came to conclusion that BJJ wasn't something that appealed to me, I also noticed that the school had Pekiti-Tirsia Kali and Dumpag. So I did more research and eventually decided on PTK.

Quote Originally Posted by Like Water View Post
    All good bullshido dojos seem to have a way of convincing their students their **** is the "real", and it'll work even with no live application in class. What "live" stuff is coming, and why hasn't it started already?
    The reason I say it's real is because I see the more advanced students doing more alive stuff (Class of about 4-6 people on average) and it probably hasn't really started yet because i'm not even a month in yet and we're still focusing on footwork/movement and some basic striking/blocking/stance stuff. Most of what I'm seeing them do (when I'm not focusing on what I'm trying to do) is disarms and groundwork right now.