Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2010 8:19pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Carl View Post
    So...he's claiming to be the founder of MMA, but basically says in the quotes that he did not mix any arts, nor make a new Martial Art, even though he's claiming to be the founder of MMA. It mentions him training in wrestling and all that in the 40's. How old is he and is he off his rocker?
    Maybe I read this wrong, but it sounds like one of his students found on the internet someone else making the statement that he was the founder of mixed martial arts, but that while he's fond of the praise he's like to make it clear that he wasn't in the business of mixing them and wanted to set that straight.

That's what I took from it anyway. Whether or not the rest is BS...I just don't care enough to delve.

Posted On:
    12/22/2010 8:22pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RWaggs View Post
    Maybe I read this wrong, but it sounds like one of his students found on the internet someone else making the statement that he was the founder of mixed martial arts, but that while he's fond of the praise he's like to make it clear that he wasn't in the business of mixing them and wanted to set that straight.

That's what I took from it anyway. Whether or not the rest is BS...I just don't care enough to delve.

*facepalm*
    please see post #29
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2010 10:46pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin View Post
    I believe the book he is referring to is Commando Jiu Jitsu by Irvin Cahn, published in 1943. Other than getting the name of the book, the author and the publishing date wrong, his memory is excellent.

There were many books published in the WWII era aout Judo and Jiu jitsu.
    Okay, check that **** off the list.

I still haven't heard anything back from my multiple e-mails regarding who this guy trained with and such.

But frankly, I don't really give much of a ****.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234