218275 Bullies, 7575 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsThree Friends3 months registered

Posted On:
    3/12/2004 10:08am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well he's been holding on wearing the gi for his father's sake to stay true to "Gracie" Jujitsu. IMO, Royce is one of the most improved and best fighters pound for pound. And no, I'm not a Royce fan.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2004 2:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by omega
    Well he's been holding on wearing the gi for his father's sake to stay true to "Gracie" Jujitsu. IMO, Royce is one of the most improved and best fighters pound for pound. And no, I'm not a Royce fan.

What the **** are you talking about?
    How has he improved?
    Who has he beaten to make him one of the best p4p fighters?
    He hasnt won a match in years.

Administrator

Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsThree Friends3 months registered

Posted On:
    3/15/2004 2:41pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by SAFTA4Life
    What the **** are you talking about?
    How has he improved?
    Who has he beaten to make him one of the best p4p fighters?
    He hasnt won a match in years.

1. Stand up game is much more improved.

2. Yoshida has been extremely impressive lately, IMO he beat Yoshida.

3. So.

My grammar was not clear let me reset the sentenc:
    He is one of the most improved fighters I've seen
    He is one of the best fighters pound for pound.

Yoshida handled himself well against Vanderli, Youshida outweighs Royce. Royce fucked up Yoshida. Vanderli is definetely in the top 5 pound for pound bracket IMO.
    Who is the best in Royce's weight bracket?

Or in others words, if all things were equal where would you place Royce amongst the top 10 fighters in the world? Fighting a lot doesn't count. I mean, Frank Shamrock is considered up there, but when was the last time he fought anybody of any decent calibur?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2004 3:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all Frank Shamrock is NOT up there. For a fighter to be ranked in the top 10 (or the top 40) they should be active and should have won fights. How can a guy with a long streak of losses even be considered?
    To answer your question who is best in Royce's weight. Dan Henderson IMO.
    Behind him are guys like Sakurava, Matt Lindland, Lee Murray, Phil Baroni, Bustamante, Carlos Newton, Chris lytle, Evan Tanner, and a lot more.
    Royce did dominate Yoshida in their last fight but comeon Yoshida didnt even fight back. Royce could finish a guy that was just turtling up. Where were Royce's submission skills or his improved striking?
    How long do you think it would take a Dan Henderson, Murillo Rua or Vanderlei Silva to finish a guy that turtles up in a ball?
    Royce is nowhere near the best P4P fighter. He dominated at a time when everyone in the UFC was lame. He's looked pretty lame since people wised up and started cross training.

Administrator

Achievements:

Posted On:
    3/15/2004 4:07pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the list you gave me I would say Royce would beat, Matt Lindland, Lee Murray, Phil Baroni, Carlos Newton, Chris Lytle, Evan Tanner. If you don't think much of Royce fine, that's your opinion, but I've been in this fight game for a very long time. You show me how your opinion is more analytical and critical to mine and we'll talk.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2004 5:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by omega
    In the list you gave me I would say Royce would beat, Matt Lindland, Lee Murray, Phil Baroni, Carlos Newton, Chris Lytle, Evan Tanner. If you don't think much of Royce fine, that's your opinion, but I've been in this fight game for a very long time. You show me how your opinion is more analytical and critical to mine and we'll talk.

OK. The fighters I mentioned have actually won fights under the normal rules.
    How do you figure that Royce could beat any of the fighters I mentioned?

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    3/15/2004 6:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just like how Royce has publicly declared his fight against Yoshida a win since Yoshida was more beaten up than he was.

He also still declares his fight with Ken Shamrock at UFC 5 was a draw.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Administrator

Achievements:

Posted On:
    3/15/2004 6:26pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by SAFTA4Life
    OK. The fighters I mentioned have actually won fights under the normal rules.
    How do you figure that Royce could beat any of the fighters I mentioned?
    You're judging by record, I'm judging by performance. What does it matter if a person is fighting now and constantly with a 30-0 record, if everybody they fight sucks.

You say that Frank Shamrock isn't up there? He would waste everybody you mentioned in that weight class and yes he can get down to that weight.

I am a huge fan of Carlos Newton (who really isn't in that weight class), Evan Tanner, Mat Lindland and especially Dan Henderson. I look at a fighter objectively. What are they capable of doing, how do they approach a fight, what skill level are they best at countering.

Royce would beat those guys because to fight Royce you have to fight him under his rules. Most of these fighters are speed fighters, they go hard 5 minutes and then rest. That's what they are good at that's what they are used to. Royce realizes his fighting style is paced and drawn out so he makes sure the fights are arranged that way.

Bottom line, he's an improved striker and he'll beat everyone of those fighters on the ground. Period. His strikes are to the point that he neutralizes the offense of many of the superior strikers.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    3/15/2004 6:53pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You say that Frank Shamrock isn't up there? He would waste everybody you mentioned in that weight class and yes he can get down to that weight.
    Thats a good point, I'd never thought about that.
    He supposedly walks around at 185 so I don't think it'd be any problem for him to cut to 169.
    Frank at welterweight. Holy **** that would be brutal for his opposition.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Posted On:
    3/15/2004 6:54pm

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Royce pwned !!!
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing