Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2010 2:59pm

Style: FMA, JJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gorilla Grappling in Anniston, AL

I was trying to find these guys, I had heard some solid things about their academy and wanted to check them out. I love cross-training and wanted to get back into BJJ.

I checked their website, but I don't see anything in regards to them there, and the number they have is disconnected. It's about the only BJJ place in my area near me. Anyone have any suggestions or would they perhaps know them or know someone affiliated to them?

Thanks in advance, and if I placed this in the wrong place, I apologize, I rarely post here anymore and just got a break from school so I could do so.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/17/2010 3:20pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where do you live? I've never heard of that place, but I have rolled with people who train in B'ham. I have a bunch of family that live in the area, so I can check into it for yah.

My brother has ben looking for a rolling partner depending on where you live.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2010 3:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I live in Ohatchee, AL. It's outside of Anniston. I tracked the school on a map, and was going to stop by there on my way to work today. I wanted to get a place where I can call home for a year or so while I finish school and really get into the pace of grappling some. I don't care to compete, but I enjoy live resisting partners and, sadly, you don't get that alot in other arts.

I trained in BJJ from 96-98 when I first started martial arts, and then off and on for 2 more years after that. I also did a year of Judo and some FMA aside from BBT.

I just want to get back into grappling some and spend some extensive time with people who will whip my ass more or less :toothy10:. I have no partners anymore to roll with and sorely miss it. If you want, I sent you a pm with my contact information and you can feel free to pass it on your brother and if we can do so, I'd love to get a chance to roll with someone who can show me anything.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/17/2010 4:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record, no, this is not really the forum to be asking about a BJJ school.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/17/2010 7:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll give my brother your info. I'll also ask about this Gorilla Grappling place. I don't know much about them, but there are some really legit wrestlers coming from the area up there. So there are definitely some rolling partners there. Just have to look in the right places. There are also some people coming up in MMA.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2010 9:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are right, there are some very good ones. One of my former students took up wrestling at my urging and has had a ball with it. He's not winning too much but then again he's quite small. Since then he has really grown up and filled out building some muscle, unlike myself....LOL.

Yes please pass the message I sent you to your brother. I am going by the school tonight, as it is LITERALLY right down from my work however I won't get to start until after the holidays. I look forward to it though.
    Tell your brother to get in touch with me and if he knows about the school I'd love to hear more about it especially if he has heard good things.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2010 8:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, will do!
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread