Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2010 5:00pm

Style: BacktoSanshou, nogiBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $125 for 3 hours a week seems insane. I train about 12 hours a week, and I only pay $180 a month. My suggestion is to either get a job to be able to afford that kind of pay, or just change schools if that doesn't work out. What you want to look for is a school where you can train often, and the price is pretty much average ($125-$180). But that depends on where you're training.

Posted On:
    12/17/2010 5:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not really insane, but it's not what I would call a good deal either. If you're not satisfied with what you're getting for your $125, find something else you like. It doesn't mean the guy sucks and his class sucks, it just isn't exactly what you're looking for.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/17/2010 6:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On a sidenote,, compared to USSD (yes its kenpo but still) who charges like $200+? for contracted crappy stuff (or so ive heard), 125 isnt that bad is it

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/17/2010 6:24pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastiger View Post
    On a sidenote,, compared to USSD (yes its kenpo but still) who charges like $200+? for contracted crappy stuff (or so ive heard), 125 isnt that bad is it
    Being better than United Studios isn't saying much.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/17/2010 6:57pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastiger View Post
    SFH, it's standard, regardless of how the business is doing. and what, does that mean you're doing 80/mo as long as you sign up for 4 months? how are your classes structured after the 5 min of sparring? how long are they, and how come there's no restriction? do you feel that the lack of restriction means more people come to each class, or do you think there would be no difference (the # of people doesn't rise that much when lack of restriction of days/wk)?

just curious
    Strange I thought I edited it. I meant 4 weeks.

Sparring usually happens at the end of class. The class is structured to have warm ups (kicking in the air going over movements) then kicking the bag or paddle then patterns or self defense then if we have enough time sparring. Classes go for 1 hour.

We have class numbers of around 12 max but since there are so many lessons spread out it the numbers usually spread across the days.

As far as the lack of restriction is concerned it would make sense that if things were cheaper more people would go but I don't run a dojang so I wouldn't know. Also you can take into account competition nearby or accessibility.

This is the place I go to:
    http://www.prahrantkd.com.au/index.html

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/17/2010 8:31pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what i mean is, when given the option to come every day, like at your gym, how many people (say out of the 12) actually go every day? or do most people just end up going 2 or 3 times a wk?

and thanks for the answers guys..still thinking about it but leaning towards an answer now

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2010 11:43pm

Style: Kyokushin, Boxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP, how do you know this guy is an "authentic master" as you say? Did you look him up? Did he GLADLY show you his certificate?

Coming from 2 different Karate styles, my instructors only charge $20-25 a month.
    Because one was retired and the other had another job; they only taught because they just enjoyed it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/17/2010 11:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah. I sorta know his life story, and then from then on I don't need to question certain specifics like certificates and things. (Besides, they would be in korean, lol) The culture that one is accustomed to is often a strong hint. Would rather not go into too many details and specifics here on a public forum, but this isn't an issue at hand for me.

That's pretty cool DRS, you're lucky.

Posted On:
    12/18/2010 12:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am also in San Diego County I go to Eastlake MMA/JuiJitsu. Take a look at the schedule you can go to as many classes as you want. Also one of the purple belts actually holds a couple open mats that are not on the list one Friday night at 6 and one on Sunday at 12. All for less than $100 a month.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2010 12:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I some times go every single day but I don't do it every single month. I haven't seen anyone go every single day yet and I know this from going to classes daily.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast