Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2010 2:31am

Style: Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Looking for MN (twin cities) Teacher/partner (mma/groundfighting?)

Hey guys,

im still a noob, but i (and my friend) have been looking for a good school that has a good balance of groundfighting, standup training and just a plain good workout...

im a poor college kid so looking for another school besides Krav Maga is out of the question. I want to learn some useful groundfighting/takedowns/standup before i leave for basic in the summer... im not the biggest guy so i definately could make some awesome use out of it. My buddy just wants a good taste of it before he finds a school (that he can afford). So if anyone could spare the time of day to help a noob out such as myself i would be honored.
    Last edited by Spran; 12/16/2010 2:41am at .

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    12/16/2010 7:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spran View Post
    H
    im a poor college kid so looking for another school besides Krav Maga is out of the question. I want to learn some useful groundfighting/takedowns/standup before i leave for basic in the summer...
    What are you learning at Krav Maga? If it's none of those things, why don't you quit and spend the money on an MMA school?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2010 1:09pm

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can recommend a couple of different schools in the Twin Cities if you are interested in looking for a place that teaches a mix of the basic MMA elements (ie boxing, muay thai, BJJ/Judo etc) if you give us a better idea of what part of they city you are in, what you are looking for (are you looking to actually compete before you leave, or after?), and why you want to continue doing Krav as well. It would be far most cost effective, and practical in every sense, to drop the Krav group and train solely at a good MMA flavored school.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/27/2010 12:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Inosanto Kali/JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    May I recommend Rick Faye's Minnesota Kali Group? www.mnkali.com for details...

I don't know if he's in your part of town (his head office is in the 55407 zip code) but he's very good in striking, grappling and weapons. His school offers a free trial week and they have classes every day of the week. (half day Sunday)

We get him to come to London (in the UK, not Canada!) at least once a year so you can at least get to a free class, right?