Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2010 8:33pm

Style: Judo super noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So I'm qutting Krav Maga and looking for a new place.

I have been searching around for awhile. (there was a really nice MMA gym I went to today but its a little costly)

This thursday I have a free class at Liberty Bell Judo and Sambo academy. Here is the website http://www.libertybelljudo.com/

It's 125 a month for 3 classes a week. Which is a little more then Krav but lets face it my Krav training sucked. there is a promotion fee but I talked to the guy and he said it never changes.

Now here is another place I have been interested in
    http://www.glensideshotokankarate.com/

Yes my area is full of krotty places. I may take this later on down the line. Yes there are fees for grading and stuff but it makes sense since its a non profit school that pays to a higher organization.

Though the whole sparring thing sounds sketchy. but I guess if the advanced people are any good that should be no problem.

I'm asking advice. Any red flags to look for? comments? Bashing me cause I just realized that my old school sucked?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2010 9:36pm

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finding a good karate gym is very hard and even if you find one, i still suggest you to take judo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2010 9:42pm

Style: Getting less fat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've trained at a shotokan place that requires free sparring, starting at white belt. Any place, regardless of style, that does not have free sparring soon after a student starts training there, is a place you should not train. Don't go there.

Just don't.

Posted On:
    12/14/2010 9:46pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thursday I have a free class at Liberty Bell Judo and Sambo academy. Here is the website http://www.libertybelljudo.com/

It's 125 a month for 3 classes a week. Which is a little more then Krav but lets face it my Krav training sucked. there is a promotion fee but I talked to the guy and he said it never changes.
    WTF are you braindead? JUDOJUDOJUDOJUDOJUDOJUDO

Posted On:
    12/14/2010 9:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Based off the web site it looks like an awesome grappling school, please do tell us all about it when you go.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2010 9:47pm

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am also a shotokan black belt, we used to spar a lot and we used to spar with contact (not because of the instructors, it was mostly us actually)

I am not saying it is totally **** or something. But still, If I had the chance to go back in time and start again one more time, i would choose judo or if i really want to do karate i would choose kyokushin.(there was no bjj at those time lol,i mean in my country)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2010 9:49pm

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone get this guy the MA flow chart.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    12/14/2010 9:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGroinNoKrav View Post
    I have been searching around for awhile. (there was a really nice MMA gym I went to today but its a little costly)

Now here is another place I have been interested in
    http://www.glensideshotokankarate.com/

Yes my area is full of krotty places. I may take this later on down the line. Yes there are fees for grading and stuff but it makes sense since its a non profit school that pays to a higher organization.

Though the whole sparring thing sounds sketchy. but I guess if the advanced people are any good that should be no problem.

I'm asking advice. Any red flags to look for? comments? Bashing me cause I just realized that my old school sucked?
    End of search. Go to Liberty Bell. No Bullshido there. It's a reputable judo club, plus sambo as well.

Let us know how it goes.

Ben

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2010 10:26pm

Style: Judo super noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh I was not saying one or the other. I am doing liberty bell judo. I was just looking for another striking art for the future. Also I am into Japanese culture a bit so I would like to find a good karate school.

But aliveness and usefulness is top priority. I'll post how my class goes thursday

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    12/14/2010 10:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there any boxing around you?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast