Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last

Style
    Judo super noob
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So I'm qutting Krav Maga and looking for a new place.

I have been searching around for awhile. (there was a really nice MMA gym I went to today but its a little costly)

This thursday I have a free class at Liberty Bell Judo and Sambo academy. Here is the website http://www.libertybelljudo.com/

It's 125 a month for 3 classes a week. Which is a little more then Krav but lets face it my Krav training sucked. there is a promotion fee but I talked to the guy and he said it never changes.

Now here is another place I have been interested in
    http://www.glensideshotokankarate.com/

Yes my area is full of krotty places. I may take this later on down the line. Yes there are fees for grading and stuff but it makes sense since its a non profit school that pays to a higher organization.

Though the whole sparring thing sounds sketchy. but I guess if the advanced people are any good that should be no problem.

I'm asking advice. Any red flags to look for? comments? Bashing me cause I just realized that my old school sucked?

Style
    BJJ and MT at the moment
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finding a good karate gym is very hard and even if you find one, i still suggest you to take judo.

Style
    Getting less fat
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've trained at a shotokan place that requires free sparring, starting at white belt. Any place, regardless of style, that does not have free sparring soon after a student starts training there, is a place you should not train. Don't go there.

Just don't.

Style
    Muay Thai n00b
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thursday I have a free class at Liberty Bell Judo and Sambo academy. Here is the website http://www.libertybelljudo.com/

It's 125 a month for 3 classes a week. Which is a little more then Krav but lets face it my Krav training sucked. there is a promotion fee but I talked to the guy and he said it never changes.
    WTF are you braindead? JUDOJUDOJUDOJUDOJUDOJUDO

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Based off the web site it looks like an awesome grappling school, please do tell us all about it when you go.

Style
    BJJ and MT at the moment
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am also a shotokan black belt, we used to spar a lot and we used to spar with contact (not because of the instructors, it was mostly us actually)

I am not saying it is totally **** or something. But still, If I had the chance to go back in time and start again one more time, i would choose judo or if i really want to do karate i would choose kyokushin.(there was no bjj at those time lol,i mean in my country)

Style
    Watching from the stands
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone get this guy the MA flow chart.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGroinNoKrav View Post
    I have been searching around for awhile. (there was a really nice MMA gym I went to today but its a little costly)

Now here is another place I have been interested in
    http://www.glensideshotokankarate.com/

Yes my area is full of krotty places. I may take this later on down the line. Yes there are fees for grading and stuff but it makes sense since its a non profit school that pays to a higher organization.

Though the whole sparring thing sounds sketchy. but I guess if the advanced people are any good that should be no problem.

I'm asking advice. Any red flags to look for? comments? Bashing me cause I just realized that my old school sucked?
    End of search. Go to Liberty Bell. No Bullshido there. It's a reputable judo club, plus sambo as well.

Let us know how it goes.

Ben

Style
    Judo super noob
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh I was not saying one or the other. I am doing liberty bell judo. I was just looking for another striking art for the future. Also I am into Japanese culture a bit so I would like to find a good karate school.

But aliveness and usefulness is top priority. I'll post how my class goes thursday

Style
    Boxing/Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there any boxing around you?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last