232753 Bullies, 3675 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 7:27pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cattle should be raised only when conditions do not require supplemental feeding, on lands that are also public use and thus expected to remain somewhat "wilderness" like. Once you have to add feed stations the impact becomes greater. Some public lands such as Vernal Pools require cattle grazing.

I worked in the Sierra Nevada mapping Aspens and I say many locations such as the first photo. Typically a fence like that was used around willows to prevent cattle from knocking over Fly Catch nests, a bird that flies from Alaska to South America, but spends a month in California having its young.

Ironically, in Missouri many of the only remnants of original prairie survived because cattlemen didn't plow it under. Now these get sold back as preserves for big money.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 7:31pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Here is a tofu field that used to be rainforest! VEGANS ARE KILLING GAIA
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 7:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I won't say you can't be a healthy vegan but I have meet very few and far between. It takes a lot of dedication and attention to make sure you get complete proteins all the good oils and fats, ect ect ect. Of course the same goes for anyone really it just becomes that much harder when you eliminate something from your diet that the body expects. If your eating vegan for health reasons I suggest you stop and look to add in about 20% of your calories from lean cuts of meat especially fish. If it is philosophical thing well then you have to pay especially close attention to your diet.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 7:39pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu View Post
    Cattle should be raised only when conditions do not require supplemental feeding, on lands that are also public use and thus expected to remain somewhat "wilderness" like. Once you have to add feed stations the impact becomes greater. Some public lands such as Vernal Pools require cattle grazing.

I worked in the Sierra Nevada mapping Aspens and I say many locations such as the first photo. Typically a fence like that was used around willows to prevent cattle from knocking over Fly Catch nests, a bird that flies from Alaska to South America, but spends a month in California having its young.

Ironically, in Missouri many of the only remnants of original prairie survived because cattlemen didn't plow it under. Now these get sold back as preserves for big money.
    That buck rail is probably around somebody's house. It's a cherry picked picture of some land that's been grazed very hard next to some that hasn't been grazed in years.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 8:05pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am serious about the Dr. Bragg' Liquid Aminos though, I still use it.

http://bragg.com/index.html

PS-I was strict Veg for about 6 years, and I am mostly vegetarian still. But I try to eat meat every other day. I have done everything from fruitarian, microbiotic, eat your own, organic, and even juicing. I didn't like it when I could see all my ribs and my teeth where loose in my gums though,.....

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 8:17pm

Style: MT, BJJ, BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Biological studies have shown that plants are capable of distinguishing things like length of night with great accuracy. Plants develop their reproductive organs upon reaching the appropriate age/size. In controlled studies certain plants have reliably demonstrated the capability to have preferences. Claiming moral high-ground for eating a life-form that you understand less than you think you understand the life-forms that somebody else eats is ignorant. So I find the "philosophical" approach to veganism to be as false a front as the "health" approach. The entire movement seems to me to be a kind of unhealthy self-delusion.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 8:25pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go here: http://robbwolf.com/ and you may change your mind. Robb is an awesome dude who USED to be a vegetarian.

If you really want to be a Vegan, go ahead. It saves more meat for me and mine.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 8:29pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bono Saturnalia! View Post
    If you really want to be a Vegan, go ahead. It saves more meat for me and mine.
    Not to mention all those lean, low-fat Vegans will be available for consumption during the next Ice Age. Someone's got to eat.

Until evolution decides to drop the human incisor, I think some meat should stay on the table.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 9:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bono Saturnalia! View Post
    There's a lot of anti-vegetarian - pro Meat around here. Mostly dumb,
    No dumber than the pro-vegans that derail threads with "OMG MORALITY" and "OMG HUMANS CAN'T EAT MEAT."

Here are some posts so, you can avoid the bullshit from both sides in these threads.
    No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Vegan/Vegitarian athletes and martial artists

No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Guys, apparently nutrition has an effect on training...

No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Vegan/Vegitarian athletes and martial artists

No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Gaining weight on a vegetarian diet and funky gis, (not necessarily related).

No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Gaining weight on a vegetarian diet and funky gis, (not necessarily related).

No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Good books/sites about vegeterian diets?

No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Good books/sites about vegeterian diets?

Most posters have no problem with people being vegans or vegetarians. The posters have a problem with the myths and misinformation spewed from both sides.

Weak

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 9:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IIF - excellent post.

Bare Graves - I was vegan for 5 years and vegetarian for the last 16 years. I was training at my heaviest during the vegan years and for anyone that met me at throwdowns I was the picture of health. I used to run about 80km a week, lift weights twice a week, train MA 4 times a week and do a few extra gym sessions. I had stamina, lot of energy, never felt hungry (I ate 8 small snacks a day), my body felt light, and didn't take a single supplement. Again in the interest of honesty, I wasn't lifting weight to bulk up and my over exercising probably had something to do with it, so not sure if lifting to bulk up as a vegan (unless you supplement) is viable.

The secret is to prepare ahead, do your research and eat a wide variety of foods. I'm not going into the arguments for and against being an omnivore
    or vegan, that is counter productive and doesn't answer your question.

Are you currently vegetarian? I don't think it's a good idea to go cold turkey vegan wihout letting your body get used to it.

I did have a few fractures while a vegan but can't attribute it wholly to my vegan diet or pure MA accidents. Now off a vegan diet (because it became difficult to maintain and have a social life), the greatest thing I've learnt is that I know where my food comes from, know how to make healthy choices and I still avoid eggs, cheese (rennet) but allow dairy.

I say damn well go for it! The discipline is good, educating yourself about your health and food, appreciating what we have are massive lessons I carry with me always.

You don't need to justify yourself to anyone. Don't be apologetic, just go and do it!
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast