Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 1:48pm

Style: newbie judo+muay thai.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

any vegans here?

i was just wondering if there are any other vegans here and if so would you share some diet tips and thoughts on training as a vegan

i personnaly eat junk due to me being to lazy to cook anything good which is a shame

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 2:32pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mentally reclassify fish and chickens as vegetables.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 3:50pm

Style: MT, BJJ, BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    mentally reclassify fish and chickens as vegetables.
    ^This. I wouldn't recommend a vegan diet for anyone, as it doesn't make a bit of sense and seems like deliberately making life harder for oneself. For someone seriously training in a MA, or other physically demanding endeavor it seems downright dangerous.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 4:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    at the very least you'll probably have to/want to abandon the strictest of veganism and at least eat eggs and dairy
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 4:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a lot of anti-vegetarian - pro Meat around here. Mostly dumb, as most of us will fight heart disease and strokes more than any cage or street fight. Ricardo Moriera, Danzig and others somehow eat vegan and fight. One of my kids is vegan and a black belt and a snow boarder, skier, surfer, dancer, etc etc and is in great shape. It takes some work and attention and dedication, so I eat animals myself. But it is OK and avoiding cholesterol is smart.

Now here's a strip club vegan restaurant, maybe that'd convince the Meat heads:
    http://planetgreen.discovery.com/vid...trip-club.html
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 12/11/2010 4:12pm at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 4:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bono Saturnalia! View Post
    There's a lot of anti-vegetarian - pro Meat around here. Mostly dumb, as most of us will fight heart disease and strokes more than any cage or street fight. Ricardo Moriera, Danzig and others somehow eat vegan and fight.

Now here's a strip club vegan restaurant, maybe that'd convince the Meat heads:
    http://planetgreen.discovery.com/vid...trip-club.html
    extra years to enjoy your alzheimers and osteoporosis. All while eating and wearing earth-raping substitutes for renewable animal products. Veganism is stupid.

Meager vegetarianism, less so.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 7:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cows on public land should be banned.

Here's Mt. Springs Wyoming, guess which side is grazed?

"Researchers asked more than 2,100 New York City residents aged 65 and older about their dietary habits. Over the course of about four years, 253 developed Alzheimer's disease. Those whose diets included the most salad dressing, nuts, fish, tomatoes, poultry, cruciferous vegetables (such as cauliflower and broccoli), dark and green leafy vegetables, and the least red meat, high-fat dairy, organ meat and butter had a 38 percent lower risk of developing Alzheimer's than those whose diets included fewer fruits, vegetables and poultry and more red meat and high-fat dairy.

"Following this dietary pattern seems to protect from Alzheimer's disease," said senior study author Dr. Nikolaos Scarmeas, associate professor of neurology at Columbia University Medical Center in New York City. - Archives of Neurology

or

"A diet that is rich in methionine, an amino acid found in high levels in fish, red meat, and dairy products, may increase the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease, according to researchers at Temple University. The research findings were published in the journal Current Alzheimer Research."
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 7:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what the **** is are fish and poultry in your world, members of the broccoli family?

oh and here's a pvc factory:

That pasture will grow back in a year ungrazed, and this is a stupid comparison - of course grazed land looks picked over next to pristine land, so what?

Here's some ploughed farmland next to some trees:

OH MY GOD LOOK WHAT THE VEGANS ARE DOING TO THE SOIL

And why should cows, or any other agriculture be banned on public land? So it will look a little better part of the year? What are you, high?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 7:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am about to have steak. I usually blacken it quickly on each side , on high heat with olive oil, than off into the oven. Accompanying it will be French fries and some macaroni salad.

I remember listening to a female Primary care Physician from NYC doing an interview. She was dismayed at how many of her Vegan patients were suffering from anemia and other ailments , caused by poor diets.

Man-Woman is made to eat meat, yes we should not abuse eating meat, and we should also eat plenty of grains , fruits and vegetables. But to be a strict Vegan is asking for trouble.

Why is it that Vegans name a lot of there food and dishes after meat, ie: Tofurkey and Veggie burgers ?

PS I am enjoying a Sam Adams as I prepare my meal.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 7:20pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are going to live a vegan or vegetarian diet I recommend finding Dr. Braggs Amino Acid Soy Sauce and use it regularly. It covers 16 aminos and can be used to spice up that bland rabbit food. This insures you do not neglect proper protein combinations. and it is cheap.

Next, you must eat every 2 hours. Plants don't slowly release like meat does.

Finally, be very careful to not die. Organic Vegans are are very open to chemicals in my opinion. If you live only on plants your body becomes adapt at assimilating compounds and using them, plus your digestive track is not lined with fat and clogged with carcase that can slow absorption. Just my opinion. Ask River Phoenix about it.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast