Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2010 6:44pm

Style: Ju-jitsu,Goju Ryu, arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Justin Kagan & his Budo ( Taitokudo )?

Hello

Does anyone know about Justin Kagan & his Budo ( Taitokudo )? http://www.taitokudo.com/
    Also Look At : http://www.meetup.com/orlando-martia...mbers/4194586/

He say his a Yondan in his budo but wont tell you who his sensei really is. I feel he is full of it & making $ off of people that think he is a real Sensei. He is located in Florida north of Orlando in the Sanford/ Lake Mary area. He claim this on his site.. I would like some help to find out if he is a Real Deal Sensei cause there are alot of Sensei,Sifu, Guro & so on that took the time & hard work on becoming a black belt.. To me he is a fly by Black belt that read or took some classes & that's it. He is teaching & his stuff dont flow right & he could be teaching people that would end up getting killed cause they feel what they learn is for real...

Kagan Sensei

- Almost two decades of martial arts training
    - Noted author on martial arts, alternative health, and philosophy
    - World Hall of Fame Sokeship Council Instructor of the Year: Iaido in 2000
    - Experienced in specialized instruction for women, children, special needs, and first responders,
    - Respected ranking in:
    - Kan Ryu Taitokudo
    - Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido
    - Aikido
    - Hwarang-Do
    - Tang Soo Do

P.S.. I ask him once face to face & he never wanted to tell me who his Sensei Really is..he was teaching at that time at some Yoga or Dance school . What i saw there was sad but he told me that it was a white belt class & he had to teach different but to me it look real bad in my book ... Also I came to one of his class not knowing he was teaching the class & he had 40-min of class to teach & when he saw me he stop the class to chat with me then when he saw that i wasnt going to leave he said that he was going to close early. So i waited & he did his so-called Bow out to his student & I Then left & i waited for let say 2-min & came back to where he was teaching & he had the doors closed but u could hear them inside still working out.. I didnt try to come in cause it was sad enough on what he did so i left. this happen at Seminole State College..
    Last edited by Yogi San; 12/10/2010 6:49pm at .

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/16/2010 11:06pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by From your user page
    Im also recognized as a Sensei in the American Budo Society with the rank of Sandan in Midori Yama Jujutsu....
    That's a joke, right ?

Do you know what the word sensei means in Nihongo ? I'm guessing you don't.

I would suggest that before you start questioning the legitimacy of others, you check yourself and your own understanding of even the most basic Japanese terms associated with your study.

Sensei does not mean "TEACHER" in Japanese

The irony of course being that Midori Yama Jujutsu is actually an invention of a westerner thus isn't a Japanese budo.
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 12/16/2010 11:09pm at .
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2010 4:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bah Humbug View Post
    That's a joke, right ?

Do you know what the word sensei means in Nihongo ? I'm guessing you don't.

I would suggest that before you start questioning the legitimacy of others, you check yourself and your own understanding of even the most basic Japanese terms associated with your study.

Sensei does not mean "TEACHER" in Japanese

The irony of course being that Midori Yama Jujutsu is actually an invention of a westerner thus isn't a Japanese budo.

(( Sensei
    Sensei (先生 【せんせい】?) (literally meaning "former-born") is used to refer to or address teachers, doctors, politicians, and other authority figures. It is used to show respect to someone who has achieved a certain level of mastery in an art form or some other skill, and is also applied to novelists, poets, painters, and other artists, including manga artists. In Japanese martial arts, sensei typically refers to someone who is the head of a dojo. As with senpai, sensei can be used not only as a suffix, but also as a stand-alone title.))

Would ( Renshi ) be a better word to use ?? Cause alot in the USA use the word Sensei..

Alot of American Made up Budo here in the USA like U.S.A GoJu Ryu, American Kenpo & other country like ( B.J.J )..Soo what is your point that you are trying to make to me. What Budo do you Follow ? Cause i cant see your profile & your the Moderator I wonder why u dont have a profile but u want to take a stab at my hmm trying to hide something?? You cant even put your Location.. The Location you use is : Isla de Muerta ?? Really Who say's that.. It should be Isla de SaaPingoo!! .. Thanks for your time take care:new_vampv

P.S if there something else that I did wrong other then using Sensei Or you Hating on Midori Yama Jujutsu, Please let me know cause I'm new to this Web-site & I think its great that there's a web-site like this around..
    Last edited by Yogi San; 12/19/2010 4:38am at .

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/19/2010 6:29am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My point being is that the notion of an organisation "recognising" anyone as a "Sensei" is fucking ridiculous and the irony involved in you questioning someone else's credibility when you yourself would list something like that is hilarious to me.

Those terms including sensei are HONOURIFIC, used by others to offer respect for someone else's knowledge, it's the transmission of that knowledge which is often associated with teaching or coaching hence, why by default, it is often MISTAKENLY used (only by westerners) to refer to someone as a "teacher".

It's no different than you calling someone "sir" because you respect that person enough to do so - regardless of whether that person was in a teaching capacity or not.

For a martial arts organisation to offer recognition to someone as a sensei is just as ridiculous as a parent/teacher group offering recognition to grand-parents as such. It's pointless.

Now back on topic.

You've posted your original post in the investigative forum of this website so, my first questions to you are:

What's your interest in the Justin Kagan ?

Why have you seen fit to publicly question his standing in the MA Community ?

What's your relationship to Kagan - are you a former student ?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/19/2010 10:57am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogi San View Post

Alot of American Made up Budo here in the USA like U.S.A GoJu Ryu, American Kenpo & other country like ( B.J.J )..Soo what is your point that you are trying to make to me. What Budo do you Follow ? Cause i cant see your profile & your the Moderator I wonder why u dont have a profile but u want to take a stab at my hmm trying to hide something?? You cant even put your Location.. The Location you use is : Isla de Muerta ?? Really Who say's that.. It should be Isla de SaaPingoo!! .. Thanks for your time take care:new_vampv
    His profile has nothing to do with your post. Stick to your topic because, this sub-forum is moderated with an iron fist.

BJJ is actually derived from Judo techniques. SO, please keep up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2010 9:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bah Humbug View Post
    Now back on topic.

You've posted your original post in the investigative forum of this website so, my first questions to you are:

What's your relationship to Kagan - are you a former student ?

> To find out if he really study Budo & who gave him his Yodan..

> He Claims to have :
    Respected ranking in:
    - Kan Ryu Taitokudo
    - Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido
    - Aikido
    - Hwarang-Do
    - Tang Soo Do

>> But doesn't say Who is his teacher or the Name of the school he train in..

What's your relationship to Kagan - are you a former student

> Nope Never was & never will be..

(( Now If u the Moderator ( Bah Humbug ) feel that my post is wrong or out of line then let me know & will take if off )).

(( Also dont take a stab at what I posted on my profile & you dont even have a profile. I listed the name of my Teachers Sensei/Sifu/Guro & the Name of the School & even told you where they can be found so if anyone has a question about me being in the budo or if I'm able to teach budo can go & ask my Teachers. Im known in the Budo world of Miami as Yogi & also some Teacher up here in the Orlando,Fl area know me as Yogi & know my Teacher. I can name 4 Top Sensei or i should say Teacher in the Orlando area that know me in Person as well My Teacher. I put that info of my teacher so if anyone want to Check my background is for real ! I gave all the Info up Front ))

>>> Again If Im out of line in what I posted here Please let me know & I will delete all my post & never post again <<<

Thanks again for your time on this..

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/19/2010 9:20pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

> To find out if he really study Budo & who gave him his Yodan..
    Then email him respectably again and see what happens.

> He Claims to have :
    Respected ranking in:
    - Kan Ryu Taitokudo
    - Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido
    - Aikido
    - Hwarang-Do
    - Tang Soo Do

Considering how you are currently acting, I wonder how you approached him with these questions.

You do realize he has low BB ranks in three of those arts you named? His use of "respected" is a semantic issue as, BBs are respected for no apparent reason other than they are Black. In some arts they do mean skill and time in others they mean how much you paid. Still, to the average person a BB is equal across the board.

What's your relationship to Kagan - are you a former student

> Nope Never was & never will be..
    Interesting wya to comment.

(( Now If u the Moderator ( Bah Humbug ) feel that my post is wrong or out of line then let me know & will take if off )).

(( Also dont take a stab at what I posted on my profile & you dont even have a profile. I listed the name of my Teachers Sensei/Sifu/Guro & the Name of the School & even told you where they can be found so if anyone has a question about me being in the budo or if I'm able to teach budo can go & ask my Teachers. Im known in the Budo world of Miami as Yogi & also some Teacher up here in the Orlando,Fl area know me as Yogi & know my Teacher. I can name 4 Top Sensei or i should say Teacher in the Orlando area that know me in Person as well My Teacher. I put that info of my teacher so if anyone want to Check my background is for real ! I gave all the Info up Front ))
    No, you gave no reason as to why you think this guy is a questionable artist except, he didn't answer your questions. He claims no high rank in anything and states he has 17 years experience.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2010 9:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Then email him respectably again and see what happens.

Considering how you are currently acting, I wonder how you approached him with these questions.

You do realize he has low BB ranks in three of those arts you named? His use of "respected" is a semantic issue as, BBs are respected for no apparent reason other than they are Black. In some arts they do mean skill and time in others they mean how much you paid. Still, to the average person a BB is equal across the board.

Interesting wya to comment.

No, you gave no reason as to why you think this guy is a questionable artist except, he didn't answer your questions. He claims no high rank in anything and states he has 17 years experience.

>>>> He Claims Yondan that is high & when I ask who was his teacher he never wanted to give it out, he felt that there was no reason. I ask him in person also I ask him Via email once but I cant find it I think i Deleted<<<

((( Considering how you are currently acting, I wonder how you approached him with these questions. ))

What do u mean by this? how you fig??

((( You do realize he has low BB ranks in three of those arts you named? ))

What rank & from whom & what school. never say anywhere from what school or even says his teacher Name.. So how do anyone know where he went to study & did he really get any real Rank? cause if he would of said i just study here & there & made up my own thing then i can say ok he is up front about what he is doing. He is going & saying that he has a BB but what BB you know that is for real now that wont say where they come from who they study under & the name of the school & so on..

((( Quote:
    The only difference with the forum and RL is that I can't be there to slap the taste out you're mouth.
    --Gezere )))

>> Wow Really If you are in Florida let meet in person cause I would like u to try that in Person.. <<

>>> I just wonder Maybe you guys are His friend or Him with another name Hmm It make me Wonder now.

Maybe someone else can tell me where or what did i do wrong in trying to find out if this person is Really a BB. I came here to see if I could get some help with this & as far as I can see Im not getting any real Help here other then getting Stab at my Profile & other B.S here... Soo Question to all am i going to get help in Finding out if this Guy is a Real deal BB that earn by working out in the Dojo & put his time in the Budo or he is NOT BB at all & he got some DVD & made him self a BB... ((( SOO Please let me know if Im going to get the help cause I tryed & I didnt get anywhere at all So this is why I am here asking You all for the Help.. If he is a BB then Great !! if not i just want to know the truth that's all.. ))) Again if my post is place in the wrong area or You all feel that I shouldnt have posted this question or Ask for the help then Please let me know So i can Hit the Delete on this Topic )))

Also Im not tring to fight anyone here but i will Not back down from a Fight... Im more then man enough to say what I say here in Person as well........ Again thanks for everyone help & the replys i also get here..
    Last edited by Yogi San; 12/19/2010 10:05pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/19/2010 9:42pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >>>> He Claims Yondan that is high & when I ask who or was his teacher he never wanted to give it out, he felt that there was no reason. I ask him in person <<<
    Then be specific when asked what your issue was here is what you said:

> He Claims to have :
    Respected ranking in:

- Kan Ryu Taitokudo
    - Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido
    - Aikido
    - Hwarang-Do
    - Tang Soo Do
    Did you not notice where I said three of those arts? Aikido, HWD, and TSD he claims low rank. That removes them from your list.

He didn't tell you.

Funny, my statement still stands. He has low ranks in all the styles listed and created his own art.
    http://www.meetup.com/orlando-martia...ndar/10628304/
    One of our new members, Justin Kagan, will be presenting some of the basics/fundamentals of the Japanese Sword. Justin has been training consistantly for 17 years and received his first black belt in Hwarang-Do. Next he obtained a black belt in Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido and is a 1st kyu in Aiki Tora Ryu Aikido. Then continued his studies with Tang Soo Do earning 1st gup and finally found the style that he now teaches - Kan Ryu Taitokudo. He holds a Yondan (4th degree black belt) in it.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 12/19/2010 9:46pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/19/2010 10:06pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do I figure? You do not like being questioned at all. The first thing you did, when a person questioned you, was to say they were "hiding." Your next act was to try and question the mods lineage and "budo" practice. Then you told the mod not to question you or your lineage. The fact you do not see the irony of your style being American created and that you have a problem with someone else creating a style makes me wonder what really happened.

Funnier still is that you jumped right to "OMG he stabbed my lineage" when he was only pointing out irony. He said nothing bad about your style.

Oh and I will add that the 4th is low in comparison to other style creators. Most creators grant themselves Grand Master, Soke, and/or a 10th degree rank in their "new style."

I will amend my statement and that all of his ranks are low in comparison.

>>>> He Claims Yondan that is high & when I ask who was his teacher he never wanted to give it out, he felt that there was no reason. I ask him in person also I ask him Via email once but I cant find it I think i Deleted<<<

((( Considering how you are currently acting, I wonder how you approached him with these questions. ))

((( You do realize he has low BB ranks in three of those arts you named? ))

What rank & from whom & what school. never say anywhere from what school or even says his teacher Name.. So how do anyone know where he went to study & did he really get any real Rank? cause if he would of said i just study here & there & made up my own thing then i can say ok he is up front about what he is doing. He is going & saying that he has a BB but what BB you know that is for real now that wont say where they come from who they study under & the name of the school & so on..

((( Quote:
    The only difference with the forum and RL is that I can't be there to slap the taste out you're mouth.
    --Gezere )))

>> Wow Really If you are in Florida let meet in person cause I would like u to try that in Person.. <<

>>> I just wonder Maybe you guys are His friend or Him with another name Hmm It make me Wonder now.

Maybe someone else can tell me where or what did i do wrong in trying to find out if this person is Really a BB. I came here to see if I could get some help with this & as far as I can see Im not getting any real Help here other then getting Stab at my Profile & other B.S here... Soo Question to all am i going to get help in Finding out if this Guy is a Real deal BB that earn by working out in the Dojo & put his time in the Budo or he is NOT BB at all & he got some DVD & made him self a BB... ((( SOO Please let me know if Im going to get the help cause I tryed & I didnt get anywhere at all So this is why I am here asking You all for the Help.. If he is a BB then Great !! if not i just want to know the truth that's all.. ))) Again if my post is place in the wrong area or You all feel that I shouldnt have posted this question or Ask for the help then Please let me know So i can Hit the Delete on this Topic )))

Also Im not tring to fight anyone here but i will Not back down from a Fight... Im more then man enough to say what I say here in Person as well........ Again thanks for everyone help & the replys i also get here..
    Let me know when you are done editing your posts. I can't respond when you constantly add more and more to your post. This is your third revision.

Oh and try a new tactic. The tired "OMG YOU GUYS ARE FRIENDS" is a stupid way to debate.

Also, you are responding to quotes in my signature. Notice the names Whiteshark and Gezere? You would not want to meet either of those guys.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 12/19/2010 10:11pm at .
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast