Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/03/2011 3:33pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Yes, but he is a JJJ guy, not a judo guy last I recall.
    But the guys in the photo might be JJJ guys, not judo guys.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    1/04/2011 11:52am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another thing just surfaced on the UG forums about our good friend, Mr. Lang. I am a little leary as to whether I should post what was said, as it is at this moment, unsubstantiated.

Checkout the thread if you want any more info. The boys at UG are just a bunch of animals when it comes to info like this.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....44492&page=203
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/04/2011 11:54am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay calm down. If you are going to report what is over there wait and do it on a weekly basis. This is going into a YMAS level thread.

That's for everyone. If this is the UG's baby let them handle it and we can give them credit for the results on this thread.

Posted On:
    1/10/2011 1:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckofDeath View Post
    Perhaps the only real connection [with Rafael Lang] is the coincidence of the same last name, which David Lang is attempting to exploit for his benefit.
    Just confirmed on the UG thread; Rafael Lang didn't have a clue who David Lang was.

Posted On:
    1/20/2011 2:58am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckofDeath View Post
    I'm going to continue to pursue the Gilbert Pouillart angle.
    Although some folks on the UG had found contact information for Pouillart in France and were going to try to phone him, I decided to fire off a snail mail (as no email address was among the contact info):

December 27, 2010

Monsieur Pouillart,

I’m seeking out the Gilbert Pouillart who coauthored the Judo beginner’s book Judo Techniques & Tactics; if you’re not the one, kindly disregard this letter. If you are that Gilbert Pouillart, however, I would like to bring to your attention that a man named David Lang in Ithaca, New York is claiming to have received from you the rank of black belt in “Judo Jiu-Jitsu.” The matter is being discussed on several martial arts internet forums including this one:

h t t p://w w w.b u l l s h i d o.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102118

Have you ever awarded any kind of martial arts rank to this David Lang? I’ll be happy to post your reply to set the record straight. Feel free to write me or email me in French if you wish; I read French much better than I write French. Thank you.

Sincerely,

I had given up on a reply when much to my surprise I found a handwritten letter from Pouillart in my mailbox when I got home from work tonight:

10 janvier 2011

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxxxx,

I’m effectively the G. Pouillart you were looking for. And your letter was for me an amazing thing.
    Let me tell you some facts:

1) In France, all “dans” (ranks in the Black belt) are delivered only by FFJDA (French Federation of Judo and Associated disciplines), under State control, in accordance with our national laws.
    The Professors of Judo, necessarily owning the “Diplôme d’ Etat”, may only allow “kyus” (ranks under the first dan) to their pupils.

2) As far as I’m concerned, I never heard the name of a “David Lang”. More, I never had opportunity to visit USA. So, I couldn’t teach any American pupil. Further, I’m 86 years old, and my teaching activities ended in 1998.

3) When I received your letter, I phoned to Mr. Didier Janicot, co author with me of the book you referred to, and member of the headstaff of FFJDA.
    He knew something of this affair, and told me he wished I should answer your letter. That I do here.

4) You could ask your Mr. Lang for any document as license or black belt card from FFJDA…

You surely have noticed my somewhat rusty English. For that, I apologize. I hope nevertheless my letter should help you.

Sincerely yours,

G. Pouillart

PS: I send today copy of this letter to Mr. Janicot. You surely know that address:
    Fédération Française de Judo, Jiu jitsu, Kendo et disciplines associés 43 rue des Plantes 75680 PARIS CEDEX 14 Téléphone: 01.40.52.16.46

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    1/20/2011 11:52am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, I'm amazed you actually got a letter back Duck!

Posted On:
    1/20/2011 2:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    1/20/2011 2:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    Wow, I'm amazed you actually got a letter back Duck!
    Me too; like I said, I had given up on getting a reply from Pouillart. I and at least one person on the UG had also emailed Didier Janicot without getting any reply. That didn't turn out to be an exercise in futility, however, as it was apparently the reason Janicot "knew something of this affair" when Pouillart phoned him after receiving my snailmail. Even though Lang is pretty much toast now, it's good to get a belated denial from the other party from whom he claimed rank.

Posted On:
    1/20/2011 3:08pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you Duck, for your superb work on this investigation.

Posted On:
    1/20/2011 3:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    Thank you Duck, for your superb work on this investigation.
    De rien...
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast