Sponsored Links Spacer Image

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/28/2010 10:03pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I want electronic hearing protection that can play MP3s. Recommendation?

For a while now, some of the people I shoot with during competitions have told me that I ought to get some electronic hearing protection, the kind that lets you hear conversation around you, but that still protects your hearing when the shooting starts.

Personally, I want to get that, but with MP3 playback capability. That way I can listen to my Vietnam War playlist from Sociocide while practicing my shooting.

I just was looking online but it seems like many of the choices out there have gotten crappy reviews from consumers.

Can anyone recommend good electronic hearing protection with MP3 playback capability for me?

Thanks!
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Posted On:
    12/28/2010 10:11pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whoa, they make something like that? The future rules.

Seriously though, I've never heard of earpro that plays MP3s but I imagine you could use in-ear earphones in a pinch for some modest hearing protection.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    12/28/2010 11:00pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.ryobitools.com/catalog/tek4/safety/RP4530

I just got a set of these for xmas for work/shooting. Haven't taken them shooting yet, but they working great at work.

They don't technically "play" mp3s but they have a jack for your external mp3 item.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    12/28/2010 11:13pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is a pretty cool idea, but mostly I'm posting this to thank you for the laughs.*

*I immediately imagined some guy listening to the Titanic soundtrack while he's firing a .50AE Desert Eagle.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    12/28/2010 11:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally I think that this is a highly idiotic idea. If someone is doing anything that requires serious hearing protection, distraction from music or whatever just increases risk.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/28/2010 11:50pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    Personally I think that this is a highly idiotic idea. If someone is doing anything that requires serious hearing protection, distraction from music or whatever just increases risk.
    If nothing else you can listen to music without removing your hearing protection while you're waiting for your turn to shoot. In organized competitions there is often a lot of waiting for your turn.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    12/29/2010 2:44am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    If nothing else you can listen to music without removing your hearing protection while you're waiting for your turn to shoot. In organized competitions there is often a lot of waiting for your turn.
    I'm not retracting my opinion. It's still stupid. With a gun in the room, the only time I'm comfortable is when it's MY gun! Are you REALLY that comfortable in a shooting environment? If so, then more power to ya, but not me, man, no way!
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/29/2010 9:07am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/31/2010 12:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post

Hhhhmmmm..... lets see. Give a bunch of people guns to shoot at a firearms competition along with a major distraction. My opinion says this isn't a smart idea.

Plus another concern with this idea is the ability to be able to hear a range master or a cease fire while on the range. Ear protection is one thing in this regards, but adding a second source of potentially loud sound to the mix would make a "cease fire" that much more difficult to hear, especially if you're like me and like my music loud n' proud.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    12/31/2010 6:07am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Audio Goose View Post
    Hhhhmmmm..... lets see. Give a bunch of people guns to shoot at a firearms competition along with a major distraction. My opinion says this isn't a smart idea.

Plus another concern with this idea is the ability to be able to hear a range master or a cease fire while on the range. Ear protection is one thing in this regards, but adding a second source of potentially loud sound to the mix would make a "cease fire" that much more difficult to hear, especially if you're like me and like my music loud n' proud.
    Yeah, I can only imagine the story coming from a nearby hospital bed:
    "Yeah, I was totally rockin' out to the new Godsmack album I'd just downloaded when unbeknownst to me, the woman a few feet away screamed 'Oh mah gawd, he's shooting everybody!' & then my kneecap exploded... good thing someone much more prudent than me & without these stupid MP3 earmuffs heard the ruckus and ended the near-massacre with a well-executed Mozambique drill..." :toothy3:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast