Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2010 12:37pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

knee pads

Sorry, I was not sure which forum was best for this, but it does involve the health of my knee, plus I know this thread is usually quite active. Anyway, I have Osgood Schlatter's disease in my left knee, nothing serious however I should be growing out of it by now. Nothing bothers me about the joint itself but the calcium growth that sticks out of my knee is very sensitive and I need something with a lot of padding for take downs. Even sitting on my knees in guard is uncomfortable. The Combat Sports Drop step knee pad is on sale and I was considering getting it. If anyone has any recommendations let me know, again I need something with good padding that doesn't slide down my leg.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/09/2010 1:04pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've known a few people who have used volleyball kneepads for grappling. You might look into that, but if Combat Sports makes one and it's on sale, you should probably go with that. You might even consider something beefier as long as it doesn't hinder movement or grappling.

Sucks about the Osgood Schlatter's. My brother used to have that, and if we were fighting I'd grip his kneecap hard, in a move I called the Osgood Slaughter. He was way bigger than me so sometimes I needed an ace up my sleeve.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    12/09/2010 8:46pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could put a firm padded ring around the calcium growth under a knee pad. Then the pressure can go around the sore area. I wear construction grade knee protectors for any knee to floor work, but my floor is a wooden deck or concrete.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2010 12:37am

Style: MMA, BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the firm padded ring idea actually seems like it would help a lot, not sure what i'll use for it though. I don't think I'd wanna do much wrestling on concrete

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    12/10/2010 1:24am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need the ring under ANY knee pad you get. You will always have pressure pushing on your sensitive spot, even under a pad, IMO. The ring prevents the pad from pushing onto your sore spot. I don't know how much of your knee is sensitive though.

They use these donut rings for tailbone injuries, but much bigger obviously. I have made very small ones for foot sores from hiking.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    12/10/2010 2:17am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    check the various knee pads scholastic/collegiate wrestlers use. i have been through a few sets of different wrestling knee pads. work great for me.

http://www.mywrestlingroom.com/index...e/Torq_Kneepad

these are my favorite, but they are easy to buy them to small.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.