232564 Bullies, 4019 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 24
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. BadUglyMagic is offline
    BadUglyMagic's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    393

    Posted On:
    12/13/2010 9:14pm


     Style: slackerjitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bumble Monster View Post
    Why do you want to put it way up there?

    Mostly to see if it works. Post 7, first paragraph.

    Do you have an rds? If so, can you do a slow walk thru of your house with that setup and describe it?
  2. 3moose1 is offline
    3moose1's Avatar

    United States Marine.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Clemente
    Posts
    9,530

    Posted On:
    12/13/2010 11:22pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you're clearing a house, and looking through a gunsight, you're doing it wrong...

    jus' sayin, brah.

    PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58


    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey
  3. mad_malk is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boynton
    Posts
    507

    Posted On:
    12/14/2010 3:40am


     Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have both an aimpoint m4 and an eo-turd 551 and I run them as far back on my upper receiver that i can and still get proper sight relief with out a cheek wield.
  4. Cassius is online now
    Cassius's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,003

    Posted On:
    12/14/2010 4:52pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    if you're clearing a house, and looking through a gunsight, you're doing it wrong...

    jus' sayin, brah.
    And what makes you say that?
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
  5. Lord Skeletor is offline
    Lord Skeletor's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Snake Mountain, Eternia
    Posts
    648

    Posted On:
    12/14/2010 5:16pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To throw in my 2 cents worth...most of the guys that I know who put their **** all the way forward--did so to cut down on the loss of peripheral vision when you put your face up to any sort of aiming device (other than say, an EoTech). You don't lose all of what's around you and if people/objects are moving, you don't tend to miss them...as visually speaking goes, the edges of your eyes are the sharpest in detecting motion...they pick up movement better than the center part of your eyes, which is primarily dedicated to helping you discern color (hey...learning material revisited from Camp Skeletor! ain't it great!).

    There was a trend at one time for doing this, but take the advice of the rest of these guys...put your sights where they belong. In the back, near your eyeball.
  6. 3moose1 is offline
    3moose1's Avatar

    United States Marine.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Clemente
    Posts
    9,530

    Posted On:
    12/14/2010 6:09pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasonal Affective Disorder View Post
    And what makes you say that?

    because at those distances, you shouldn't need to look through the sights to put accurate rounds on target,

    Because at those distances, you need your peripherals. Tunnel vision is the opposite of what you want, and staring into an optic tends to do just that.

    Then again, all my MOUT training was done using m16s with trijicon 4x RCOs. I guess it'd be different using a plain red dot. We can't afford all that fanciness ;)

    PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58


    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey
  7. Cassius is online now
    Cassius's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,003

    Posted On:
    12/14/2010 6:24pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    because at those distances, you shouldn't need to look through the sights to put accurate rounds on target,

    Because at those distances, you need your peripherals. Tunnel vision is the opposite of what you want, and staring into an optic tends to do just that.

    Then again, all my MOUT training was done using m16s with trijicon 4x RCOs. I guess it'd be different using a plain red dot. We can't afford all that fanciness ;)
    Have you done a shoot house with live ammunition yet? Clear one of those using live rounds, and you may change your opinion.

    My preference is an aiming laser of some variety (at night anyway), but using optics is certainly not uncommon, even at night. I'm actually thinking specifically of a very crusty E9 that I've seen cruising through rooms under NODs while still aiming through his EOTech. Incidentally, the same guy can't work a computer for ****.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
  8. Cassius is online now
    Cassius's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,003

    Posted On:
    12/14/2010 6:30pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post
    There was a trend at one time for doing this, but take the advice of the rest of these guys...put your sights where they belong. In the back, near your eyeball.
    ^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
  9. BadUglyMagic is offline
    BadUglyMagic's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    393

    Posted On:
    12/14/2010 8:55pm


     Style: slackerjitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is the rational to this?


  10. Cassius is online now
    Cassius's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,003

    Posted On:
    12/14/2010 9:02pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadUglyMagic View Post
    What is the rational to this?


    That fools and their money are soon parted?
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.