Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 12:13pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyunus View Post

You think you are so tough?? Just try something like this next time and consider your toughness level again.
    When I was 14 I broke my radius pretty bad. The bone was sticking up in the skin, didn't tear the skin, but you could still see it. Doctors needed to reset the bone. They offered me an injection for pain killer, but I have a fear of needles and opted out.

They had 4 guys hold me down while they reset the bone. The halls were filled with my screams as I not only felt, but heard human bone crunching for the first time.

They reset the bone perfectly. Now, whenever something hurts, I look back to that pain and think, "I've had worse."

P.S. I have even greater respect for women right now. How can you give a child birth? dude....
    And yes, I'm sure child birth is even worse than that. I'm not even going to touch that.
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 12:17pm

Style: eclectic kung fu some BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard from a few women that kidney stones are worse than labor.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 12:23pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Horribly ingrown toenail removed with no anesthesia.

Literally needlenose pliers and a prying tool. That's how they do that.

I'll die from sepsis before I go through that again.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 1:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Helsinki hospitals in July have no Anesthesiologists. Watched a female friend get a 3rd degree burn scrubbed by a steel wool weilding nurse with no topical. Sisu Perkele.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 3:13pm

Style: boxing, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My great grandfather dug out his own wisdom teeth with boxes of toothpicks and cotton balls just because he didnt want to go under the knife. Took him a couple weeks but he did it.

Me on the other hand just went ahead and got hella knocked out and thanked God for demerol.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 3:41pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Christmas Ordnance View Post
    Horribly ingrown toenail removed with no anesthesia.

Literally needlenose pliers and a prying tool. That's how they do that.

I'll die from sepsis before I go through that again.
    Yea I'm with you on that. I had a really bad toenail and my doctor said "Oh I can cut that right out".

I said "It's really kinda tender, how bad is this going to hurt? I don't even like walking on it."

He said" Oh it's not that bad, If you want I can use some cold spray to dull it a bit, but really it's no big thing"

I said "Oh, ok, don't worry about it then."

He then proceeded to jam needle nose pliers a quarter inch up my big toe and yank and snip out a quarter of my toenail. He even had the gall to say "Stop moving or this is going to hurt!" while performing this horrid act of violence on me.

It was a pain I have yet to experience again.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 5:17pm

Style: No-Gi BJJ/MMA/MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    C’mon guys - ingrown toenails? I remove those myself. I anesthetize myself by squeezing my jaws and afterwards poor alcohol on it.

When my wisdom tooth couldn’t come through I cut my gums with a utility knife.

I’m a fat nerd who’s work consists of playing with test tubes and petri dishes and haven’t really trained in last 3 years , but I have to tell you this , with all its consequences – harden the **** up.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 5:47pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was in 5th grade, a coyote bit and shook my foot. It hurt and bled like hell, but at least it left some pretty cool scars.

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 7:07pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I woke up shortly after my jaw reconstruction and it was the most insanely painful experience of my life. Obviously my brain won't let me remember the sensation but I remember thinking my face was on fire while someone was sawing at it with a rusty jagged gyprock cutter. I sat up screaming through my wired shut jaw and they had to hold me down, the nurse was saying, "this is just a normal reaction". I began throwing up blood. They sat me up while I was throwing up blood and screaming, both at the same time and when there was no blood left, I heard the nurse say to the others around my bed, as if soothingly, "this is normal, the anaesthetic should still be working."

I began screaming, "it's fucking not! It's not fucking working! It's not fucking working!"

The nurse goes, "what would you say the pain is on a scale of 1-10?"

I'm like, "1 million, 100 million, fucking infinity!"

She says, "well, I'm going to give you [small amount of] morphine," injects it into my drip. Even then, due to my high tolerance for recreational substances and without knowing anything about dosages of morphine I'm thinking, "this ain't gunna do ****".

Nothing happens, me still in agony, screaming. She says, "I'm going to administer [small amount of] morphine", once again, nothing happens, she asks my pain scale, I'm still screaming. Finally she says, "I'm going to administer [large amount] of morphine."

"What is your pain level now?"

"10, 9, 8, 7..." and I woke up a little while later.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 8:06pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After going around with a painful wisdom tooth for a couple of weeks, I was dead set on removing it. This small, calcified, whitish structure's reign of terror was at an end. So I made an appointment and went to get it done.

After struggling with the tooth for one and a half hour, my dentist uttered the not so reassuring "Huhhh.....". He then left the room, and came back shortly after with the head honcho for consultation. Apparently, I had some sort of bone/calcium ridge or something blocking the tooth's extraction (don't have a word for it in English), that meant they had to do some cutting work in my mouth.

Fair enough. My selection of drugs at the moment was wearing off, so I asked if I could have some more. At which point the first dentist gave me a shot straight down my throat. He completely missed the area he was intending, leading to me not having any particular anesthesia in the desired area when they started doing the cutting and dragging. One dreadful hour later, I had finally gotten the tooth out. Life was once more going to be a pleasant affair.

Then I got an allergic reaction to the anesthesia.

What a day...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast