Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 12:32am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The video section has some cool stuff and gets some regular updates, and Kirk Lawson occasionally posts some cool old manuals in the WMA forum. Also Throwdowns are fun; I'm not sure if they have a community like that in your part of Canada. I've had a few sparring partners I've met through Bullshido too. Those have been the things I like. Also every once in a while I hear a funny new euphemism for a cock or something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 12:33am

Style: Tae Kwon Do/ Gumdo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is probably the best martial arts forum out there so why leave?

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 12:43am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I came for the investigations.

But stayed for the falafel.

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 12:43am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The question is never "why does this place suck" or "why isn't this place as good as it used to be" but always "What have 'I' done to make it a better place".

So ... what have you been doing in this regards?

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 12:44am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Needs moar dojo storming and eyeliner.
    Exactly.

your grievances are kind of vague, which makes answering your initial question difficult.
    Ok...what is so awesome about this place that you keep coming back for?

Um, mods tend to weed out the trolls pretty fast. That puts us ahead of 99% of other sites.
    I hope the irony of this statement is not lost on most of you.

The video section has some cool stuff and gets some regular updates, and Kirk Lawson occasionally posts some cool old manuals in the WMA forum. Also Throwdowns are fun; I'm not sure if they have a community like that in your part of Canada. I've had a few sparring partners I've met through Bullshido too. Those have been the things I like. Also every once in a while I hear a funny new euphemism for a cock or something.
    Good points. There was a sort of group that kind of met a couple times I think...I went once. Never really took off.

This is probably the best martial arts forum out there so why leave?
    I don't like martial arts. I like mixed martial arts...and I figured this site would be an avenue toward proving MMA's primacy. Instead, the Ultimate Fighter TV show did that...

I actually don't see the point in most MA. Having been in real self defence situations...I prefer guns at this point, and my MMA training has prepared me if I happen to get in a stupid fight better than traditional MA could have.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 12:45am

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not Sheerdog.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 12:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bjjgame View Post
    I haven't been on this site as long as you, but perhaps it is a matter of perspective. I don't know the awesomeness of the "old" Bullshido, but maybe if you spent some time on certain other martial arts forums and watched a bunch of videos like this:
    YouTube - Stupid Kung Fu
    You would see that Bullshido still is a light in the darkness.
    I love how the main dude spazzes out with his legs every other technique. This vid is one step away from being the real life version of :ninjadanc
    Now for the main topic: one of Bullshido's missions, I would say, is to wake up martial LARPists and guide them to the truth. As a former aikidoka (who also dabbled in systema and the chun), I was mired knee-deep in a quicksand of bullshido. This website was one of the things that helped me get out. As long as this site continues to serve as an antidote to the BS kool-aid, it's a very worthwhile enterprise.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 12:51am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok...well I suppose it's sort of cool that it's still helping wake people up.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 12:52am

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ICY View Post
    Ok...what is so awesome about this place that you keep coming back for?
    i really like movies about people hitting and shooting each other, and i like having a place to talk about them. places like kung fu cinema and other movie sites are full of people with very limited knowledge on actual violence, so this is a unique venue of people with first-hand experience dealing with most of the things in the films i enjoy.

beyond the movie reviews, it's a fun corner of the web to hang out. it's half geek, half combat sports, and half investigative skepticism. i'm wondering what it is that upsets you about this place.
    Fight Film Friday
    Watching violence on film, violently.
    Click here to donate!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 12:58am

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ICY View Post
    I don't like martial arts. I like mixed martial arts...and I figured this site would be an avenue toward proving MMA's primacy. Instead, the Ultimate Fighter TV show did that...

I actually don't see the point in most MA. Having been in real self defence situations...I prefer guns at this point, and my MMA training has prepared me if I happen to get in a stupid fight better than traditional MA could have.
    It must piss you that so many Bullshidoists have gotten a hold of MMA then. Hell, the crappy Tae Kwon Do school in my neighbourhood now offers "MMA" classes. I once asked an instructor who taught "MMA" what he'd do if he was ever knocked down. His response: "That would never happen."

So, I don't think The Ultimate Fighter has proved anything. Rather, the carpetbaggers smelled the money and started offering MMA.

You've pretty much answered your own question. This site exists to unmask bullshido -- no matter what stripe.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast