12/05/2010 7:45pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

XM25- Game changing killing ability.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/us-deplo...206-18lmm.html

Anyone seen this thing in action?

The XM25 does seem like a game changer, although I am by no means a military man. I would like to hear if anyone has any stories, or if they knew of it. Supposedly it is deployed in Afghanistan and is quite effective, as it should be for what it is supposedly able to do.

Being able to kill a hiding enemy seems like a bonus, I wonder how long until this kind of thing is standard issue.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/05/2010 8:34pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    http://www.smh.com.au/world/us-deplo...206-18lmm.html

Anyone seen this thing in action?

The XM25 does seem like a game changer, although I am by no means a military man. I would like to hear if anyone has any stories, or if they knew of it. Supposedly it is deployed in Afghanistan and is quite effective, as it should be for what it is supposedly able to do.

Being able to kill a hiding enemy seems like a bonus, I wonder how long until this kind of thing is standard issue.
    Not to sound like a smartass (because everyone here knows that I am not), that weapon has been around for at least 10 years. It was a prototype weapon (and the grenade launching portion of the OICW battle rifle) that has been out for awhile. I'm not sure if I'd characterize it as a "game changer", but the troops are entitled to copious amounts of any badass weaponry that we can provide them.

I myself am hoping that we get a bunch of them in our guys' hands and they're taking it to the enemy with them.

Posted On:
    12/05/2010 9:02pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no doubts that it has been around in prototype for ages, as I imagine many other forms of weaponry are as well, they don't just make a weapon and stick it in the field hoping it will work. I'm just wondering if any of the military guys have got their hands on one, or even the prototype.

Also, yes, the troops are entitled to copious amounts of badass weaponry, but I was under the impression that our (Allied) troops are under equipped considering the technological advancements we've made.

Posted On:
    12/05/2010 9:24pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I have no doubts that it has been around in prototype for ages, as I imagine many other forms of weaponry are as well, they don't just make a weapon and stick it in the field hoping it will work. I'm just wondering if any of the military guys have got their hands on one, or even the prototype.

Also, yes, the troops are entitled to copious amounts of badass weaponry, but I was under the impression that our (Allied) troops are under equipped considering the technological advancements we've made.
    My understanding is that they just started fielding them in numbers in Afghanistan within the past month or two. I don't know anyone that has used one yet. I've used the H&K M320 (not in combat), which is definitely a huge improvement over the old grenade launcher.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    12/05/2010 9:32pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair enough, as I said, not a military guy. Just seemed like an interesting piece and when I searched, nothing came up.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2010 9:26am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Video on the subject:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4438880/x...fle-in-action/

Worth having to wait for the end of the 30 second ad.