Posted On:
    12/10/2010 10:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    I've always been partial to Benneli.
    Me too. The M4 is actually pretty nice. Actually saw a coupe of Marines carrying them down range.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/10/2010 10:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    Except from the "smaller brain" part, my old Taekwondo instructor said the same: never axe-kick a black guy in the head because I would break my foot and he would just be dazed.
    The wierd part is that my Taekwondo instructor wasn't a racist since he married a black woman and had a son and a daughter that he loved.
    Does this bigger skull of Africans comes from some urban legend?
    I guess it does because I haven't noticed any difference but I also don't normally go around measuring skull sizes either.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 12:10am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    I've always been partial to Benneli.
    I purchased their Supernova model last year. I am very happy with it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 2:28am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    How do you find the pistol grip vs. a "normal" stock? From what I can tell off the reading I've done online, it seems like the stock is really the only functional difference between the Mossberg 500/590 and the Remington 870, where there tend to be a lot more Mossberg models with pistol grips. Is either of the two more suitable for a beginning shooter, or is this a personal preference thing?
    The location of the safety is different as well, Mossbergs have theirs on the top rear of the reciever where you operate it with your thumb rather than at the back of the trigger guard. I like the Mossberg safety...

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    12/13/2010 1:11pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly, the pistol grip with no shoulder stock makes shooting 3" magnum shells highly painful, and mine is getting the shoulder stock soon for this reason. But the pistol grip WITH a shoulder stock makes for a very controllable weapon with any load.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    12/13/2010 5:03pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Christmas Ordnance View Post
    Honestly, the pistol grip with no shoulder stock makes shooting 3" magnum shells highly painful, and mine is getting the shoulder stock soon for this reason. But the pistol grip WITH a shoulder stock makes for a very controllable weapon with any load.
    Have you given any thought to the BLACKHAWK!® SPECOPS STOCK™?

Posted On:
    12/13/2010 5:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Christmas Ordnance View Post
    Thank you I was actually going to ask about pistol grips. So on there own on a shot gun not a great idea, integrated with a but stock is good to go is what you seem to be saying.
    Is there any advantage to a pistol grip with out the but stock?

Posted On:
    12/13/2010 5:11pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Useful in frightening legislators?

Posted On:
    12/13/2010 6:35pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Thank you I was actually going to ask about pistol grips. So on there own on a shot gun not a great idea, integrated with a but stock is good to go is what you seem to be saying.
    It reduces a ton of bulk if you're just using the shotgun for breaching doors.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/13/2010 6:55pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    Except from the "smaller brain" part, my old Taekwondo instructor said the same: never axe-kick a black guy in the head because I would break my foot and he would just be dazed.
    The wierd part is that my Taekwondo instructor wasn't a racist since he married a black woman and had a son and a daughter that he loved.
    Does this bigger skull of Africans comes from some urban legend?
    Craniometrics (head measuring) was a part of early physical anthropology (done using skull collections in Germany). The results showed the caucasian skull as having the largest cranial capacity (big surprise), but the specimens were measuring caucasian adult males against other adolescents. Later in life, that scientist (Blumenbach) fell in love with a black woman and said that variations within a race are bigger than variations between races (basically why race is no longer used in anthropology). Thus he was able to move away from his older work without saying that he was wrong. At any rate, old craniometrics data isn't really taken seriously regarding intelligence etc except by some white supremacists.

EDIT: crap, this is in the Armory. To keep it on topic, I'll propose that because craniometrics are no longer taken seriously, all races are equally vulnerable to shotguns, even the skull.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast